2011 Northeast Ohio predictions

It seems for the last twenty years you have to get through Hudson to make it anywhere in the playoffs and that does not happen very often. Even though they had an off year last year I expect Hudson will remain the big kid on the block. Hudson returns almost the entire squad.

Hudson in DI and University School in DII are two staples for the north come playoff time. The other teams in the North seem to have trouble getting by those two regional powers. Medina, Wooster, and Hawken have been pretty good in the past too.

I agree...But

You are right. Those two programs have always been tough. They have also been around much longer than most NEO programs. I think you'll find that many teams are getting better and more competitive as the years go on. Kids are starting younger, and are eventually catching up to the schools that have been playing since 4/5th grade.
I think you'll see teams like Solon (which is going to be very good this year) strongsville, Jackson, etc., competing and possibly beating the schools that have been good for years

OK, the point is you would not want to ignore a perennial power like Hudson when you discuss lacrosse in Northern Ohio. Regardless of how long they have been around, Hudson has a tradition of winning. The road to the playoffs still leads through Hudson. When another team steps up and demonstrates long term dominance like Hudson, we can refer to them as NEO powers.

Solon has some nice players with Perirno and Humphrey among others that play well. Many of them go back to at least the 6th. or 7th. grade and the opportunity to play Hudson will occur again this year. I guess we will see what happens on the field.

St. Ignatius should win the northeast this year. They cam runner up last year to Hoover and beat Hudson by 1 on their way to the regional finals. They return many of there players so they should win the region.. If not the I think either Hudson or Hoover will end up winning the region.

St. Ignatius should win the northeast this year. They cam runner up last year to Hoover and beat Hudson by 1 on their way to the regional finals. They return many of there players so they should win the region.. If not the I think either Hudson or Hoover will end up winning the region.

Whatnow,

How did X and Moeller do against Hudson at the OSU 7v7? And, yes, Hudson had 4-5 studs that were not there due to conflicts with other sports. ...just as I am sure you are about to tell me about the Cincy teams. Hudson even played a third string goalie in the second half of the games. Who won the Slippery Rock 7v7? WRA, Ann Arbor Select, Medina and Hoover among others were there. Of course, 7v7 is different than the regular season. Hudson returns nearly the entire team and has had one mediocre year last season in what, 20 years. Five straight final four appearances, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 with a state final appearance in 2007, a 19-1 season. Iggy has a nice team, but I think one win over Hudson last year in the playoffs does not constitute the basis for crowning them champions. By the way, Hudson beat Iggy during the regular season 8-3. So, there does not appear to be dominance at this point. As always the game will be decided on the field. However, I find your view based on the history as well as the recent play to be dubious.

Medina

Medina should be pretty good again event though they lost several starters from last years final four team due to graduation. They also lost Dalheimer who transferred to WRA, however, Alex Schell is returning and is one of the best players in the state.

watch out

Don't count solon out of the mix. They too are returning almost the entire team. Perrino, Humphrey, both barksdales, LaPorte in the goal, etc.

Agreed, Medina and Solon (Iggy & Hoover) should field very good teams. Schell is a handful and Blue has game too. Riccelli and Viancourt will be missed though. Dalheimer too.

A healthy Perrino and Humphrey with the athletic Barkdales is great core for any team. This may be their year to make a run.

Hoover returns nearly the whole team and I believe Iggy too. ...should be a great year.