2008/2009 Federal League All-Sports Trophy Race

polar_purple

2008/2009 Federal League All-Sports Trophy Race

After the winter season (championships in parenthesis):
1. Hoover - 106.50 (football, girls CC, girls tennis, boys bb, boys swimming)
2. Jackson - 91.00 (boys golf, boys soccer)
3. Boardman - 80.50 (boys bowling, girls bowling)
4. GlenOak - 79.00 (girls swimming)
5. Perry - 68.00 (boys CC, girls golf, wrestling)
6. Lake - 57.00 (volleyball)
7. Fitch - 50.00 (girls soccer)
8. McKinley - 44.00 (girls basketball)

Comparing Hoover & Jackson in Spring sports:
Boys Tennis - Jackson has already won the league, while Hoover took second. That means the Bears will pick up 9 points, Hoover 7. Advantage: Jackson +2

Baseball - currently, Jackson is in first place, while Hoover is in 6th place. If that holds up, Jackson will earn 9 points, Hoover 3. Advantage: Jackson +6

Softball - currently, Jackson is in first place, while Hoover is in 5th place. If that holds up, Jackson will earn 9 points, Hoover 4. Advantage: Jackson +5

Boys Track* - I do not know Hoover's record, but I do know that Jackson defeated Hoover last night, and the Bears finished at 1-5-1. Advantage: unknown

Girls Track* - I do not know Hoover's record, but I do know that Hoover defeated Jackson last night, and the Bears finished at 4-3. Advantage: unknown

*While the regular season may be over, the FL track meet on 5/15 DOES factor into the final placements.

Factoring in current standings in boys tennis, baseball, & softball, Hoover has a 2.50 points lead on Jackson. That means that track is quite important for both schools, as are strong finishes on the diamond for both genders/schools.

Best of luck to both schools!

Interesting side note: Jackson and Hoover have combined to win the last eighteen FL All-Sports trophies, dating back to the 1990-1991 school year, including ten wins by Jackson and eight by Hoover, both with two retirements. And that will become nineteen straight years this year, as it is now statistically impossible for any other team to win the title this year.

Hoover Wins Federal League All-Sports Trophy
The 2008-2009 Federal League season officially concluded last night, and it is now official (per the FL secretary) that Hoover has regained the All-Sports Trophy. Below are the standings and the sports won by each team:

1. Hoover-133.00 (football, girls CC, girls tennis, boys basketball, boys swimming)
2. Jackson-124.00 (boys golf, boys soccer, baseball, boys tennis, softball)
3. Boardman-107.00 (boys bowling, girls bowling, boys track)
4. GlenOak-106.00 (girls swimming, girls track)
5. Perry-93.00 (boys CC, girls golf, wrestling)
6. Lake-76.50 (volleyball)
7. Fitch-62.00 (girls soccer)
8. McKinley-59.50 (girls basketball)

Congrats to the Vikings!

Hoover Wins Federal League All-Sports Trophy
The 2008-2009 Federal League season officially concluded last night, and it is now official (per the FL secretary) that Hoover has regained the All-Sports Trophy. Below are the standings and the sports won by each team:

1. Hoover-133.00 (football, girls CC, girls tennis, boys basketball, boys swimming)
2. Jackson-124.00 (boys golf, boys soccer, baseball, boys tennis, softball)
3. Boardman-107.00 (boys bowling, girls bowling, boys track)
4. GlenOak-106.00 (girls swimming, girls track)
5. Perry-93.00 (boys CC, girls golf, wrestling)
6. Lake-76.50 (volleyball)
7. Fitch-62.00 (girls soccer)
8. McKinley-59.50 (girls basketball)

Congrats to the Vikings!

If Jackson boys basketball would have won the FL, would we have won the All Sports Trophy? Just curious.

If Jackson boys basketball would have won the FL, would we have won the All Sports Trophy? Just curious.

No, it would be a four point swing, not enough to make up for the 9-pt difference. However, if both of our basketball teams would've defeated Hoover in the FL tourney, that might've been a different story.

No, it would be a four point swing, not enough to make up for the 9-pt difference. However, if both of our basketball teams would've defeated Hoover in the FL tourney, that might've been a different story.

No I'm a Hoover guy if Jackson would have won the League would we (Hoover) still have one?

No I'm a Hoover guy if Jackson would have won the League would we (Hoover) still have one?

I know you're a Hoover guy. I answered your question - Hoover would have still won the trophy, unless both of Jackson's basketball teams would have defeated your teams in the FL tourney (and even then it might not happen).

When I said "our", I was referring to MY teams (Jackson's boys & girls basketball).

"have one" what? The All-Sports trophy? I'm a bit confused there.

I know you're a Hoover guy. I answered your question - Hoover would have still won the trophy, unless both of Jackson's basketball teams would have defeated your teams in the FL tourney (and even then it might not happen).

When I said "our", I was referring to MY teams (Jackson's boys & girls basketball).

"have one" what? The All-Sports trophy? I'm a bit confused there.

I typed "one", when I wanted to type "won"

Toh-may-toh, Toh-mah-toh....lol.

Had Jackson won the league in both boys and girls basketball, yes, we would've won the All-Sports trophy. The spread would have changed by four points in boys and at least eight in girls.

However, didn't happen, so it really doesn't matter. Y'all won and we'll just have to look to next year!

1988 - Perry
1989 - GlenOak
1990 - GlenOak
1991 - Jackson
1992 - Jackson
1993 - Jackson (retired)
1994 - Jackson
1995- Hoover
1996 - Jackson
1997 - Jackson
1998 - Hoover
1999 - Jackson
2000 - Jackson
2001 - Jackson (retired)
2002 - Hoover
2003 - Hoover
2004 - Hoover (retired)
2005 - Hoover
2006 - Hoover
2007 - Hoover
2008 - Jackson
2009 - Hoover

I've heard from some that the trophy did not exist prior to 1987/88, and some that it did exist. I personally do not remember it existing immediately prior to that time, but that's not saying that it couldn't have, and I merely overlooked it. Granted that last part would be rather odd, given the time frame.