10 year-old girl killed in Fairfield ATV crash

This is so tragic. Being a dad of a girl around that age, this makes me sick just imagining his life going forward. Having a hand in your own child’s death might be the worst of fates that life can deal a parent. This fate actually happens to be on my mind, for at least moment, almost every day when I back out of my driveway and think about Todd Heap backing over and killing his own 3 year old daughter. Then I creep out so damn slow, looking around over and over and over before driving off wishing I could do something, anything, for a guy I don't even know. Every prayer I have goes out to this man in the article.

Last edited:
This is so tragic. Being a dad of a girl around that age, this makes me sick just imagining his life going forward. Having a hand in your own child’s death might be the worst of fates that life can deal a parent. This fate actually happens to be on my mind, for at least moment, almost every day when I back out of my driveway and think about Todd Heaping backing over and killing his own 3 year old daughter. Then I creep out so damn slow, looking around over and over and over before driving off wishing I could do something, anything, for a guy I don't even know. Every prayer I have goes out to this man in the article.
You got that right. Where one of my cousin's live, a neighbor of his was backing out with a trailer in his driveway and ran over his little daughter. Tragic.

Yes. Dumb parents are charged whenever they forget their kid is in the back seat.

Are they normally charged when they’re the driver in traffic accidents? I recall some that were and some that weren’t. Likely, the reason being is that there are extenuating circumstances in motor vehicle accidents. Those don’t exist in cases where a parent forgets their child in a hot car.

SUcks when kids are killed in accidents like this.

Many look at ATVs, jet skis, golf carts, snow mobiles as no big deal and let kids go at it.

year and a half ago a cousin's kid was killed in a snowmobile accident. It sucks.

Come along to my area and it is not uncommon for under 16 to drive tractors, ATV's, even trucks while on the farm. Something many do in their normal chores around the farm.