Search results

1. C

State Finals

Asking coaches to rate a referee is like asking a wolf to guard the hen house IMHO. They are busy watching their teams to pay much attention to if a referee is doing a good job unless the referee blows the whistle then is about the only time a coach pays attention to them. . Many coaches have...
  2. C

State Finals

Very well said. As a referee also I dislike the attitude that we cant say anything about another referee in a professional manner that is laid out like you and Pundit laid out. You didn't call names or put them down you simply criticked them with your honest opinion and that is something they...
  3. C

Online ticket sale requirement for tourney. Asinine.

I do not mind online sales. I think they should also accept cash at the gate. The paying to park is stupid and OHSAA should not allow it. I know the schools want to raise money but this is not the way to do it. Many charge students for parking passes and now this.. Give me a break.. DUMB!!
  4. C

Top 100 clubs in the USA

Bitter that your club is not listed or what? LOL Get a grip.
  5. C

Top 100 clubs in the USA

We will agree to disagree on this and if a coach made a promise to move a player up before tryouts that's on the coach not the club. I have coached many years for CU and I know them very well.
  6. C

Top 100 clubs in the USA

FYI I know CUP and CU very well. A few things from what you said. "When potential players come to tryouts and are offered a position that is not poaching. When coaches go to other teams' games and then have their current players act as agents to recruit players from other teams, that, in my...
  7. C

Top 100 clubs in the USA

I agree that KHA is growing. I am not a fan of youth sports being for profit. As for the ECNL- Locally OE they have a great 05 team for sure. I was privileged to have coached many of them over the years but I stopped being a head coach and I guess according to a previous poster OE "poached" them...
  8. C

Top 100 clubs in the USA

Pitchmom- so no organic growth at CUP they only poach? Lol well all 16 of the players I had in an age group on the CU side got CUP offers when I stopped head coaching. I also know CUP does look intetnal and external. Call it poaching if you wish but the players are not forced to play anywhere...
  9. C

Top 100 clubs in the USA

I posted it to celebrate all the great clubs in the area and people from our area. Its a real shame you are so bitter that your club must not have been listed. Your poaching comment is funny though exactly how is that done when players are free to chose what club to play for? Maybe your head is...
  10. C

Top 100 clubs in the USA

It's great to see a local club "CUP" in the top 20 of this list at 19. Also seeing a former CUP DOC's club in the top 10 "The Nationals". Congrats to both of this clubs and to Indy Premier for making the list too. https://www.soccerwire.com/news/soccerwire-top-100-girls-soccer-clubs-april-2022/
  11. C

Is yappi dead?

Seems like this site has died. No traffic and no one ever here? What sites did you move to?
  12. C

Soccer scrimmage

Against each other yes. My understanding they cant play on the same team.
  13. C

Ross Joining the SWBL and the SWOC is???

I agree with everything you said and while Waynesville has been strong lately will it continue beyond another 3 years? They have some great club talent now but I am not sure about their pipeline. - FYI I am not bashing them at all just historically I am not sure they have been strong.