Search results

1. M

Division III State Championship: Hamilton Badin (14-0) vs. Chardon (15-0)

Dude, did it hurt them against Granville? Wasn't Granvilles QB playing hurt? Maybe if Granvilles QB was 100% they would have won by 10 points. CHardons starting QB was out multiple games last season and they still went undefeated and state champs. Badins first string QB was 6'1" 160 lbs so...
  2. M

"hurt a lot" is a nonquantitive statement. Its impossible to measure. Badins backup punter had a few "generous" bounces. I believe one punt rolled farther after it hit the ground then it traveled in the air. And Chardons punter didnt exactly have the greatest afternoon so I believe one could say...
  3. M

I believe they prefer Mcdonald to punt in the event a return guy gets loose since he's more adapt to tackling. Tager is a soccer player and didnt play football till last year i believe, so his tackling skills may be limited, at best. Tager can actually punt deeper down field, but i think...
  4. M

I doubt it, he'd be seeing white jerseys in his sleep tonight too. It appeared that in the 4th Chardons D had better stamina and were too quick for Badins O-line. Coach Hewitt has always said they're not the largest kids but play with "heavy hands". Chardon seemed to be disguising their pass...
  5. M

DII: Hoban vs Winton Woods Updates and Game Discussion

Seemed like WW was a step ahead all night. Almost like they got out coached. It wasnt like Hoban couldnt stop the run because it seemed like there were plenty of plays they stuffed WW for a loss. But once WW runners got past the LB's it ot scary. I didnt see too many highlights of Hoban this...
  6. M

Just some 2021 State Championship teams data

The point differential between Ursuline/CM stood out to me at first, then the SOS differential between the two sort of shocked me.
  7. M

OhsaaTv/spectrum

Well my inlaws have Dish because their cable options suck and they are begging for Spectrum to move in. They dont have WKYC out of cleveland or Fox sports ohio because the dish company hasnt signed a contract with them. Not to mention an 82 yr old man walking out to clear off the dish throughout...
  8. M

Advice for First Time Spectators at Tom Benson HOF Stadium

My father worked for a local township road department and I will say after hearing his stories about dealing with ODOT, the closing of Rt77 and 30 at this time does not surprise me!
  9. M

Wow this thread took a weird turn...
  10. M

Division V State Semifinal: Kirtland (13-0 (54-0)) vs Ottawa Glandorf (11-3)

Yeah crazy thing is he's heading for Pitts campus in January. He is a speciman, but i will say he got handled on more then one occasion by Chardons 210 lb O Line tackle. But i dont think he was into the game much after it got to a 30+ point lead. I know North was hoping he'd make a bigger...
  11. M

Chardons Tager has kicked more then a few kickoffs into the endzone. Hes accurate on FG's as well. I think theyve had a bit of an issue with their snapper off and on but the holder has done a good job of covering for him. Mcdonald is the punter and can boom it but isnt the most consistant. Tager...
  12. M

Division V State Semifinal: Kirtland (13-0 (54-0)) vs Ottawa Glandorf (11-3)

I was told the Ryan Baer from Eastlake North almost moved to Kirtland a number of years ago to get in their program. Would have been interesting to see how a 6-6 300 plus pound lineman would have fit in Tiger's schemes.
  13. M

Division IV State Championship: Clarksville Clinton-Massie (13-1) vs. Youngstown Ursuline (11-3)

I havent seen CM play but after watching Ursulines crazy come back come up short against Chardon after being down 33-0 at half id have a hard time betting against them.
  14. M

Chardon does have open enrollment but in Geauga county only, just like all the other Geauga county schools do. But the high school is at near full capacity, so even if a standout player from another, less successful football program wanted to "open enroll" they may not be able to do so because...
  15. M

Division III State Semifinal: Chardon (14-0) vs West Holmes (14-0)

W #16 didn’t even make the tackle, and the ref who threw the flag wasn’t even in the frame of the video nor did he seem to be in close enough proximity to hear anything from #16 amongst all the other noise. Don’t get me wrong I appreciate what refs do, but sometimes I think they try to...
  16. M

I think hes just having a good time with the kids, they probably get a kick out of it. And i dont believe he wears it every week.
  17. M

Last year Chardons QB played with a knee injury that needed attention and they still threw for 249 yds on Desales. Not because they wanted too, but because Desales committed to stopping the run. Chardon coaching staff spent the entire week prior to the finals installing passing sets in the event...
  18. M

If you go to 10:05 of this video you'll see the play that started all the flags. Mcdonald (#16) was called for an unsportsmanlike, i hardly think his actions were worthy of a flag.
  19. M

They will run it till someone stops them. I watched a little bit of Badin football and it seems like they are similar to Chardon style. That Badin QB is thin though, I thought Chardons QB was undersized for his height. Should be interesting to see how he handles the contact from Chardons D. I...
  20. M

And i think the snow and cold was a bit more of a problem for WH. QB actually had the ball slip from his grip on one pass attempt. Gotta be hard to get a passing game going in that weather. Their "simplicity" includes up to 40 different run sets. How many high school teams have that many? How...