Search results

1. P

Week 7...

From what I have seen and heard your list is correct in what attributes to the bias.
  2. P

Week 7...

In general, I agree. But I would be astonished if this was the case with the four players I mentioned. My daughter has played with/against them, and some of those that were cut, for up to 7 years in soccer and in some cases other sports as well. All have good work rate at training, attitude etc...
  3. P

Week 7...

Before we jump the gun here...how do you know his/her daughter was cut? My daughter (upper third player) has been on a team where a very good (middle third player, position neutral-could play many well--is ECNL now) was cut and replaced by a bottom third player (could only (attempt) to play...
  4. P

Week 7...

So you think MND wins state without Rose? Oh wait, they didn't win state with Rose. MND with the best player to date to come out of Cincinnati never won state with Rose--Why? Not enough surrounding elite talent. Does West win state without KD, maybe, maybe not. But I'd bet they don't win state...
  5. P

Week 7...

Yes, not any team/players fault they play in GMC. But do they have more opportunities for stat padding then other leagues-right now, yes. So then, do not condemn coaches for padding their schedules with out of league play to give their players, playing in a more competitive league, more...
  6. P

2023 season

Yes-saying exactly that. There are examples where D1 is not feasible due to academics/post undergrad education and career goals. Maybe not everyone's focus, but to some parents and players, academics/career precede sports. In some cases, as I pointed out in my previous post, you cannot have...
  7. P

2023 season

I'm not in disagreement with your post. But the fact is that all of the positives that you list, with the exception of "racing/playing in some bad a** stadiums", can be garnered from activities other than sports, and in levels of competitiveness below D1. Also, there are many D1 schools that...
  8. P

Top 100 clubs in the USA

"WOW a team is made up of more than just all forwards, all backs or all goalies. Coaches look at many things when putting together a team not just who has the best offensive skills." Sally (higher team) played the SAME position as Sylvia (lower team), and Sylvia was a much better player and...
  9. P

Top 100 clubs in the USA

Coach CUP (BTW, like that moniker): "Pitchmom- so no organic growth at CUP they only poach?" I said, in my opinion, little to no organic growth. This has been my first hand experience. Others, as noted on this thread and other threads, appear to agree with that. And, I am not stating that...
  10. P

Top 100 clubs in the USA

Vedderhead is spot on. CUP coaches were at our game a few weeks ago. They have one player on the GA that is planning on leaving. CUP GA made an offer to a player on the team that we were playing that day. She's a great player, mentioned here frequently by Empty Cup, in regards to her HS play...