Search results

1. Z

DIV Glenville vs Archbishop Alter Updates (12/02/23)

Most people dont understand how much better teams are when compared to much smaller schools. They used to have an evening of half games the week before the season called "The Hardin County Preview". My senior year, Hardin Northern (prob d6 back then) who went 10 and 0 with a nice post season...
  2. Z

DIV Glenville vs Archbishop Alter Updates (12/02/23)

What a crazy world. People crying and taking shots at Glenville after they destroyed a Catholic school that has been a state power for 40 years due to them getting players from a 40 mile radius. I'm not gonna say the Glenville machine is on the up and up. But they didn't get beat by the...
  3. Z

Ohio State Buckeyes 2022

If beating the crap outta cupcakes is what you are into, he's your guy.
  4. Z

Coldest playoff game you've attended

That Kenton/Beechcroft game was rough. Was teasing my wife at a game a few weeks ago. She was freezing and I was asking if she was going to the car at halftime like she did at that Kenton game in Marion. She ended up sticking it out until the middle of the 3rd quarter this time. Coldest I can...
  5. Z

Ohio State Buckeyes 2022

Hate to say "I told ya so". Day defenders are clueless.
  6. Z

d6 region 22

Carey had 260 yards rushing. Just cant pass. Once they get behind, they are done.
  7. Z

d6 region 22

They were out played. No doubt about it. No need to make stuff up though. Carey started the 2nd half with a 60 yd TD drive. Forced a 3 and out taking over at their own 4. That drive went to the Grove 46, where it was 3rd and 3. This was the afore mentioned play where, for some reason, instead of...
  8. Z

d6 region 22

We dominated the line of scrimmage. Gave up 3 big plays. Your TB had 110 of his yards on 2 plays. Not taking anything away from Grove. I would take a quick strike offense over ours everyday but they did get half their yards on 3 plays. We averaged over 5 yards per attempt with 50 yards in losses...
  9. Z

Northwest Ohio Realignment

Do you know how bad the TCL is in football? LB would win it every year.
  10. Z

This has always made me chuckle about small town football fans. They are clueless about the size/speed/strength difference between a McComb and a Fremont Ross. I went and watched a Findlay game this year to see Montgomery play. Findlay is a mediocre D1 team and Carey has 1, maybe 2, guys who...
  11. Z

d6 region 22

Carey dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides but still managed to lose. Our refusal to develope any kind of passing game will keep us from being a serious contender (absent a once in a lifetime player like Vallejo). Ran the ball at will, but that will only get you so far without perfect...
  12. Z

Longest Trip for a first round game?

Lima Bath at Glenville is a trip.
  13. Z

Wasn't LCC in the NWC a while back?
  14. Z

Richmond Heights - What Happened?

I think the studs playing for Richmond Heights are in a different universe than you. They play AAU ball in the off season and are constantly recruited by D1 colleges and other powerhouse AAU teams. I'm sure they are happy to win a state title, but I would bet a large amount of money that their...
  15. Z

Richmond Heights - What Happened?

Oh gawd.
  16. Z

Mr Basketball Nominees?

Collin White ?
  17. Z

Remembering the Youngstown City Series

Did Booker Newberry (think that was his name) play bball? I remember watching him quarterback against Canton Mckinley. Tallest QB I've ever seen. Can't remember, but I think it was South.
  18. Z

Western Buckeye League 21-22

I watched him against a team with 1 starter over 6'. He couldnt score.
  19. Z

Western Buckeye League 21-22

Uh, he's talking about Mangas.
  20. Z

80s-90s Fostoria Redmen

They acted like they had confusion between Moore and the coaches. He ran toward the sideline and they snapped it to a RB and he hit Damon down the sideline for a score. If I remember correctly, EW had a d lineman who went to Ohio State. Anybody remember who that was?