Search results

1. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Plenty. Look at mostly mid-seed teams with 1-3 losses. Certainly some teams take that softer route you mention (though it makes no sense to me as far as playoff prep).
  2. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Sure. My point was that a #9 seed in 2015 is entirely different than a #9 seed today. (Some) programs are taking more risks and scheduling the bigger/better programs in their area (teams they traditionally avoided). And when they gamble and lose, they may wind up a #9-13 seed, but they're...
  3. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Thank you. I think it's also critical to point out that teams are scheduling differently knowing that 16 teams make it. Some coaches and ADs are more willing to schedule "up" than in years past because they're confident that won't cost them a playoff spot. All that to say, the #9 seeds (and...
  4. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

"More games good. Hitting bad." Smoke another one.
  5. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Link is broken. Just like the rules.
  6. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Also.. how do you simultaneously support non-contact practices and 64-team playoffs? Do you coach basketball??
  7. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

You sound mad. Have a beer. My question stands: Do you know of a single school adhering to this?
  8. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

"Consider" is the weakest language possible in a rule book. Name one school adhering to this.
  9. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

You might be thinking of two-a-days where consecutive practices can't be contact. But not so during the season.
  10. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Here's perhaps a more appropriate stat: when you add a week to the playoffs, 448 teams are playing an extra game. Teenagers should play more football games than 19-24 year-olds? I must admit, that is a unique take. As a top seed, I would hate playing some garbage team in week 11, 12, who's...
  11. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Where is that happening?
  12. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

That's an unfair characterization, and an emotional response. Some of us just believe that 2 scrimmages + 16 games played over 4+ months (plus practices) is not in the players' best interest regarding their health. These kids play more games than a college football team. Maybe adding another...
  13. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Man, well done. The Dude abides.
  14. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Let's hear your best argument for 16 (or more) teams that has nothing to do with winning a championship.
  15. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Cute. But the ultimate reason and genesis is/was to determine a champion. Not for kids to enjoy the experience of some extra games.
  16. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Do you believe that prior to 16-team playoff regions, the state champion was not proven to be the best team in the state?
  17. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

You must be new to yappi
  18. MahoningFan

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

There were 224 games last night. How many were "upsets?" The arguments I've read are more about playing 16 game seasons for championships, adding weeks to many other teams, and the diminishing importance/weaker scheduling of the regular season.
  19. MahoningFan

1 vs 16 Upset

Nope. 0-28
  20. MahoningFan

NE8 2023

Refs always know the score.