Search results

1. R

#PACtion™ 2024

Tuslaw's 1980 schedule is attached here. They had their aforementioned 6 Senate opponents (one of which was Carrollton in week ONE? I though Wooster and New Philadelphia in the Fed was the only league game that ever played in week 1, Covid excepted), and they had Fairless, Dalton, TV, and East...
  2. R

Most Wins Against an Opponent without a Loss?

This (and the other thread) piqued my curiosity, so I added another page to the Ohio Football Database site: The Matchups Matchups since 1972 of over 20 games in which one team has won them all: 48: Arlington over Vanlue (1972-2022) 43: Wheelersburg over McDermott Northwest (1972-2023) 31...
  3. R

Most consecutive years winning over a single opponent

Here's an interesting one I found from Ohio High School Football Database: Sebring McKinley lost to McDonald 18 years in a row from 2005-2022, before they reorganized their program as 8-Man last season.
  4. R

Cirino arrested, going to jail for a long time

Aurora was never in either league that's called itself the WRC (actually they were in the CVC during this time before their jump to the SL). Kenston, however, is one of three schools that has been in both WRC's
  5. R

OHSAA Expands Football 7-on-7 Opportunities

Then let me re-phrase; I'm not calling him selfish because of WHAT he was trying to accomplish, rather I'm calling him that because of HOW he went about it. If I'm his coach or a college coach, that's a huge red flag for me. (Also, not that it matters, but I'm also easily in the younger half...
  6. R

No, he's selfish because he exposed himself to be a problem teammate and a potential hassle for coaches, because he's shown where his priorities lie. If he really wanted to advance his career in that way, then he could have just moved rather than try to buck the system. If I were a coach, I...
  7. R

If you believe that, then I have oceanfront property in North Dakota I'd like to sell you. This will only make the already very contentious relationship between Ohio schools and the AAU types even worse.
  8. R

This absolutely happened because of what this selfish young man did. I'm guessing some higher-ups at the OHSAA talked to their lawyers, and those lawyers thought this kid could have had a plausible enough case to where it didn't warrant the potential legal fees. And we all know that the...
  9. R

Spot-freaking-on! This is where the schools need to come in and remind the OHSAA that they have people to whom they're accountable; because lately, they seem to think they can do whatever they want.
  10. R

Top recruit daring OHSAA to suspend him

It kind of sounds like your source is "Dude, trust me." Because if this was true, we would have heard something by now.
  11. R

Got any proof? Because if you had any, there'd be a 6-page long thread on that topic alone by now.
  12. R

If you think this is gonna happen that easily, then you must not be too familiar with Ohio high school football.
  13. R

Except the coaches wouldn't side with the kid; they'd side with the OHSAA. The coaches don't want offseason 7 on 7 to be legal, and for good reason.
  14. R

Ever heard of the legal phrase "in loco parentis"? (Hint: the fact that most high school athletes are minors plays a HUGE role in this)
  15. R

Look at what's happened to those sports because of AAU; it's made the situation nearly untenable for the vast majority that know they have no shot to play at the next level. As much as I (and the rest of us) like to criticize the OHSAA on here, their acrimonious approach to the AAU types...
  16. R

Should DI and DII go to 64 teams each in football?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! (I like Worm's idea though)
  17. R

#PACtion™ 2024

As I have said before, Smoove Mooves went so far as to invent his own language; that takes dedication. For the rest of us, learning Smoovish takes a few minutes to understand the basics, but a lifetime to fully comprehend.
  18. R

#PACtion™ 2024

If you want all-time year-by-year conference standings since 1989, you can go here: https://ohhsfbdb.net/The_Conferences_.htm
  19. R

IF NIL money comes to Ohio HS sports, how would you regulate it?

The amount of NIL potentially involved in high school athletics is so miniscule that the ROI from a solution like this would be miniscule, if not negative. And if you thought the concept of NIL was a slippery slope before, can you imagine the can of worms a system like this would open? It's so...
  20. R

IF NIL money comes to Ohio HS sports, how would you regulate it?

Some good points being made here; if NIL is allowed in high school, as I said before, I don't think it would affect football all that much. There's a reason why, in college, most of the NIL money that's outside the realm of superstar athletes goes to the Olivia Dunne types.