Search results

1. S

Questioning calls and Coaching Misconduct

If you are selected the most you can do is 2 yrs consecutively , then must sit a year.
  2. S

Yes you are correct I forgot to add that
  3. S

I've done the same/similar, and let them know we are questioning judgement and if they have another question
  4. S

Raised Mats for Finals?

Timing and money, more on the timing side
  5. S

As a coach you can ask about the misapplication of a rule, you can not question judgment. I have given several misconduct warning this year, even had one last week at districts. With that being said if they want a clarification or whatnot and are calm and polite and depending on how they word...
  6. S

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

ok...that makes a lot of sense. I think you may be missing the point of what I said about allowing for scale deficiencies
  7. S

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

1. Cant comment on what happened with the weigh in schedule and situation, or why it was altered. Could it have been done better I'm sure, but again I don't know why it was done like this. I know there were 672 boys and I'm not sure how many girls checking weight, you would want to be early...
  8. S

Another Rough Day for Officials

Interesting thread that has spiraled somewhat since I've been reading, here is my 28cents. 1.) In the regular season if there is a issue with a team arriving late its handled by the host/tourn director, tournament in Jan we had a team call to say they were just leaving , were well over an hour...
  9. S

Stalling revisited

My mentor also does college, he uses his voice to help avoid stall calls, I've been. Trying to implement this more in my officiating. And usually if they aren't doing enough I will let them know to, " improve position" " work to score" " center in"
  10. S

Stalling revisited

As I've read through the comments in this thread there were many I wanted to comment on , and I remembered a story from a few yrs ago.. While officiating at tournament myself and another official were off and watching a match, we both agreed with a stall call during the match, and we found the...