Search results

1. E

IUDOGS: 2023 - 2024 Ohio High School Head Football Coaching Changes

North Canton Hoover needs a new coach. 9 years of Baum and 500 football doesn't cut it. He has had 9 years and has not developed a winning program that Hoover had for many years prior to his arrival. Football is one of the main money makers for sports and 50/50 teams don't help ticket sales. The...
  2. E

WK 14 Massillon (13-0) vs Green (10-3) D2 R7 Regional championship

The concession situation is ridiculous as there is only one now and the lines at halftime are ridiculous. I attend several games at Hoover and don't understand the concession situation. The wait time was much less prior to consolidation to one stand.
  3. E

Canton McKinley (9-3) vs St Edward (11-1)

Not sure. St. Ed's has a very good program and this is a very good team. However, McKinley had great teams for many decades. Before the playoffs the McK Mass game often determined who would be ranked #1.
  4. E

I believe they are down.
  5. E

Bulldogs are simply not able to compete with teams like St. Ed's. It's a repeat of the Massillon game. It's difficult to watch a once storied program not able to compete with these programs anymore and I don't see it improving. I hope I am wrong.
  6. E

D 2 Region 7 - #3 Green vs #11 Hoover - Rematch

It is time for a change at Hoover. 9 years of mediocrity doesn't get it and once again a record of 500 football over 9 years doesn't help sell tickets.
  7. E

Week 12: Cleveland St Ignatius (3 - 8) at Canton McKinley (8 - 3)

It's always nice to beat St. Ignatius but the play calling in the 2nd half by McKinley was very poor and once again there were too many big penalties at key moments that hurt the Pups.
  8. E

D 2 Region 7 - #3 Green vs #11 Hoover - Rematch

GO VIKINGS! Hoover's turn to beat Green and move on.
  9. E

2023 Ohio HS Football TV, Radio, Internet Streaming Broadcasts (Week 11)

Watching Hoover vs DeSales game on NFHS. This stream is horrible and have literally missed half of the game. Good news is that Hoover is winning 20 to 14 at half.
  10. E

Best team likely not going to make the playoffs?

Ridiculous thread since practically everyone gets in the playoffs including teams with losing records. OHSAA LOVES $$$$$!!
  11. E

2023 St. Ignatius Football

This is a great example of how ridiculous the playoffs have become. There is simply no way that a 2-8 team should be in the playoffs. The last time OHSAA allowed more teams into the playoffs was nothing but greed. A team must now play 15 games in order to play in a championship game. It was a...
  12. E

Federal League Football 2023

Yes, if you are happy with 500 football, then Baum is your man. Hoover has a tradition of being much better than 500. Coach Baum has had 9 years and Hoover continues to be 500. This year is a good example of having some very good players in skill positions and still being 5-5. Many fans thought...
  13. E

Unsportsmanlike penatlies equal 30yds?

Personal fouls were in the double digits in the McK - Massillon game.
  14. E

Canton McKinley football program

McK was not ready for this game in any way. The play was mistake ridden and I counted 7 15 yard penalties for unnecessary roughness and others in the 1st half alone. Today was a debacle and in no way represents what McKinley has been and should be. This program needs a complete reset and that...
  15. E

Jackson (5-4) at Hoover (4-5)

Congratulations Hoover! Jackson stunned after Hoover scores two TD'S in less than 30 seconds before the end of the 1st half. Defense comes up big for Hoover.
  16. E

Week 10: Canton McKinley (7 - 2) vs Massillon Washington ( 9 - 0)

Great documentary! I am looking forward to the game and hoping that McK can finally put 4 quarters together. I've seen every game except for 2 years in the Navy and the Covid year since I was 6 when the Pups won the 1956 State Championship.
  17. E

Week 10: Canton McKinley (7 - 2) vs Massillon Washington ( 9 - 0)

Why?! It is one of the longest and more famous football rivalries in the US. This is the 134th game in this series.
  18. E

2023 Ohio HS Football TV, Radio, Internet Streaming Broadcasts (Week 10)

The guide on Spectrum states that WIVM 989 is showing the New Philly game and not McK and Mass game. The guide could be wrong?
  19. E

Canton McKinley Vs Avon

The personal fouls are a big problem for McKinley and there is no excuse for them.
  20. E

Too Many Teams in the Playoffs?

Yes, it is ridiculous to have that many teams in the playoffs. 16 games to win a state championship increases the chances of injuries along with the fact that teams with losing records have no business in the playoffs. This was done to make more $$$ without regard to the athletes. 14 games were...