Search results

1. E

New OHSAA Divisions

Word that I have heard from buddies that have girls at both schools, is that both MM & UA incoming freshman is around 120ish girls
  2. E

New OHSAA Divisions

If the referendum passes, it will be business as usual in the GGCL in the tourney - outside of SUA as they have competed and won in D2 and it may not matter to them, I just don't see MND and UA competing in anything but D1 If referendum doesn't pass and if the base number of enrollees is based...
  3. E

Are you a true West Sider??

Received this today - someone drove around the westside to capture all of the damage of the '74 tornado
  4. E

Beacons of light and closing/consolidating of parishes

and here we go ….. St I’s tuition letters went out with a $850 increase to around $5200+ annually - 20% increase from the prior year, no multi child discount as well. Letter pointed to Ed Choice and other state programs for assistance. What’s more interesting is a vague comment in the letter...
  5. E

2024 Basketball

This is a very good basketball team that plays excellent team basketball - I just hope their inability to consistently hit free throws doesn't cost them in the end.
  6. E

Elder Enrollment Strategy

We will see if it is a big deal for these schools as the OHSAA Board of Directors just approved the expansion proposal https://www.ohsaa.org/news-media/articles/ohsaa-board-of-directors-approves-expansion-proposal
  7. E

Never meant to insinuate that a D2 state championship is not as hard to achieve as a D1 or even the D2 state champion couldn't beat the D1 state champion (2016 LaSalle). I would think a school like Seton & Elder that have had a long tradition of competing at the D1 level would not like the...
  8. E

The other dilemma Seton (as well as Elder and other schools) are dealing with is the possibility of competing at lower levels in the state tournament. While winning a state championship is great, I am sure these schools do not want "DII" on the banner. Accepting students from the other schools...
  9. E

That is great for them - Seton has roughly 18 Catholic Grade Schools they traditionally draw from (includes James & Ignatius but neither St John's Schools) - throw in Rapid Run & Taylor as they have gotten some from these over the years as parents don't want to pay the grade school tuition which...
  10. E

Wow that is surprising as the last 3 have been 190+ (I believe)
  11. E

The number one factor without a doubt. The swamp might be over 300 million this year in Ohio, 40 or 50 million in the GCL and feeders per year. I will predict within 5 years if the rules don’t change they will be forced to be non-selective(public) and will have to open the books to see what...
  12. E

I don't think the strategy is going to continue this indefinitely but they need to get "butts in the seats". Get them into school, create a great experience for the young men and hopefully take this momentum into future years and continued enrollment increases. While offering scholarship $'s...
  13. E

Maybe the increase in tuition is more of a Beacons of Light thing versus a money grab from Ed Choice as it is all happening at the same time. Grant it I have been away from serving on a Parish Finance committee for a while but I believe westside schools still set tuition based on combining the...
  14. E

Just curious how they could do this to the tune of 60-70+ which is an increase of 10% over the published numbers? I am assuming Elder has already done some of this in these numbers (BTW I have no idea how these are calculated)) Given the fact that the number of D1 schools are going to be...
  15. E

The OHSAA website has the enrollment numbers - I just stacked ranked the high schools. Based on the numbers they published, Elder was ranked # 78. The link I found is now password protected (2022-23 and 2023-24 OHSAA Member School Enrollments) - maybe they are updating it. When looking at...
  16. E

There was a high school coaches clinic in Columbus a couple weeks ago and they talked in length about the OHSAA expansion/realignment of the number of state champions in numerous sports. Heard they said that it is not going out for a membership vote but will be voted on by a special committee...
  17. E

The difference between St X and Elder is the logic behind granting money to families. Elder uses that piece of garbage FASFA - St X bases their giving on how much tuition you are paying to catholic schools (plus kids) vs your take home pay. Know several parents that decided to send their sons to...
  18. E

Any word on the count of Elder's incoming freshman?
  19. E

Correct - both schools were declining but holding their own but at the end of the day, the Sisters of Mercy wanted to pull out of Education all together to focus on their Health Care Systems. The AoC asked them if they could combine to keep a school going. They begrudgingly said yes thus the...
  20. E

Are you a true West Sider??

Doing some last minute Christmas shopping and went into D’s Sporting Goods on Glenway and there were signs posted saying the store was closing effective December 30th.