Search results

1. E

Glenville

Hopefully he's not living in the endzone come week 6. ;)
  2. E

2024 St. Edward Football

Listing himself at 6'4 285 heading into the season. His old man measured in at the combine as a 6'4, 245 linebacker back in 2003. While Mason went both ways at the lower levels and was disruptive as an interior guy on the DL, his trajectory appears to be on the offensive side. Alongside...
  3. E

2024 St. Edward Football

Mason Wilhelm ('26) has been picking up steam on the recruiting trail, adding three D1 offers this past week (UNC Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, and Kent St.). He repped primarily at RT behind Roebuck this past year and will fill one of the two open tackle spots next season.
  4. E

2024 St. Edward Football

Michael Dowell ('18) signed an UDFA contract with the Bengals over the weekend. Originally joining his older brothers at MSU and starting a handful of games for the Spartans, Dowell transferred to Miami (OH) and finished his career there starting in all 12 games this past season at safety for...
  5. E

2024 Schedules - Division I

I believe the Eagles are on the road week one against Pickerington North.
  6. E

Final Enrollment Numbers 2024-2026 (Pre-Competitive Balance)

Euclid down to D2 is interesting. Also leaving R1 are Wadsworth and Stow. Additions to R1 include Findlay, Whitmer and Perrysburg.
  7. E

2024 St. Edward Football

Interesting addition. Public school powerhouse out of Danville, KY (Lexington area) and winners of four consecutive Kentucky 4A championships. About 900 students overall in the school, which would put them in DIII territory here in Ohio in terms of male enrollment. Calpreps computer had them...
  8. E

2024 Massillon Tigers

Teams can have lots of talented players but not be good teams. That being said, I watched that game and do believe that was a good, talented football team. However, it may not be inaccurate to say that they weren't up to current Georgia (or past Valdosta) standards. They finished 8-4 with a...
  9. E

Glenville

Dude, we’ve got parents of kids on here telling us they live in the suburbs, send their kids to GA and play football for Glenville. All good in my book by the way, but let’s find a way to count them in the CB formula. As you said, it’s on the OHSAA. I look forward to the game as well. Should...
  10. E

Glenville

Nobody would criticize the Saints for where they draw their athletic talent? You been living under a rock? At least those that end up at the Saints find their way to the CB worksheet. Same can’t be said for the Tarblooders. That’s the only issue I take with current situation.
  11. E

Final Enrollment Numbers 2024-2026 (Pre-Competitive Balance)

Going by the numbers available on the OHSAA website from the inception of the competitive balance initiative, they have had a small, but steady, decline from the 1,217 enrollment number back in 2015. Ignatius also had slightly larger numbers back then, but is now the largest all-male Catholic...
  12. E

2024 St. Ignatius Football

Haddad has decommitted from Wisconsin. Looks like all signs pointing towards OSU now.
  13. E

2024 Massillon Tigers

Unless something has changed from last year, Football North does not count in the OHSAA computer rankings. https://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.jsp?teamID=1346&year=2023
  14. E

St. Ignatius basketball 2023-2024

No swimming/diving, bowling, or lacrosse yet for Ignatius.
  15. E

Is that a celebrity appearance from Chris Farley dressed up as one of the Gap girls?
  16. E

Congrats on the hoops title. The Cats and Eagles have now taken 5 of the 9 OHSAA boys teams titles available in the Fall and Winter seasons. Baseball, Lacrosse, Track and Volleyball still on the table for the calendar year. I don't think Ed's will be in the mix much this Spring, but Ignatius has...
  17. E

St. Edward Eagles 2023-24

Didn't catch it live but it appears the Eagles had a cold overtime. Brunswick had a very solid team this year, so I don't think there's any shame in losing to them. But from a historic perspective where we've come to pretty much expect a sweet 16 berth every year, it may appear "bad." The bigger...
  18. E

2023-2024 St. Ignatius hockey

Pretty dominant playoff run for the Wildcats to cap off a dominant decade of hockey. Hard to believe it's been 16 years since my Eagles last captured a title.
  19. E

2024 Massillon Tigers

Right, and that's for the OHSAA to answer at this point. And if there is no intent to enforce your own rule, then at least change it to permit what's taking place at GA fit within the parameters of competitive balance add-on rules and move them up accordingly.
  20. E

2024 St. Edward Football

I agree with all the sentiments being mentioned about the 2024 team. The expectations of a 4-peat, while lofty, are not outrageous. Those of us who follow the lower levels know the talent pipeline is far from dry. The path will be more difficult this year in, what I expect to be, a more...