Search results

1. cardzfan1234

Mentor Football 2024

Here is what I posted earlier in the thread. By the end of next month I bet there will be a little more clarity from those close to the situation. I am not one of those. This is not the ultimate guide, but if we use the two deep from the last game notes, we can get an educated guess at the...
  2. cardzfan1234

Greater Cleveland Conference

Ian Iopollo and Matthew Biddell highlight Mentor’s senior class. Both made it into the 1,000 point scoring club. Iopollo was higher on the list. He might’ve cracked the top 4 or 5 al time is my guess. Ian is one of the elite scorers in Mentor program history, which is saying a lot. He’s right...
  3. cardzfan1234

Mentor was down by 19 in the first half. It didn’t look good. Shots weren’t falling. Defensive intensity was lacking. Poor positioning and effort on rebounding. An inability to control tempo and generate the half court offense we are accustomed to seeing. Late in the 3rd quarter, Mentor turned...
  4. cardzfan1234

Of course that’s the logical take. But sports superstitions can be a powerful part of mental advantages or hurdles. Krizancic is no stranger to that (pre-game handshake, routines, water cup, etc.). If Mentor wins tonight, will it be about the gym? No. And while the coaches might feel right at...
  5. cardzfan1234

Tonight Mentor and legendary Coach Krizancic are playing in their 19th district title game since 2001. All but one or two of these games have been at Euclid. Something about that gym that has a little special extra something for Coach K’s guys. Mentor is 16-2 in district finals. Fed League...
  6. cardzfan1234

Mentor Football 2024

What happened with Mooney?
  7. cardzfan1234

I stand corrected. For some reason I had them together in my memory. Brunswick will have to get past St Eds in a probable district final. Strongsville ends up with a less daunting path IMO with their draw.
  8. cardzfan1234

Mentor 14-7 (10-2 GCC) Brunswick 18-4 (9-3) Strongsville 17-5 (7-5) Cleveland Heights 13-9 (7-5) Medina 12-10 (7-5) Euclid 5-17 (1-11) Shaker 4-18 (1-11) Mentor is the only GCC team playing tonight as they are at Lake. At the start of this thread I predicted Mentor would have 16-17 wins, so...
  9. cardzfan1234

Both Mentor and Brunswick proved they are the class of the league last night. Some of the best players in the GCC (including the four very best based on what I saw this year) put up strong efforts led by Iopollo and Brunswick’s Barnett. The game wasn’t Mentor’s best, especially when they lost...
  10. cardzfan1234

DI Northeast District

If a tree falls in a forest and nobody hears it… That’s kinda like brian’s kiss of death deleted?
  11. cardzfan1234

DI Northeast District

Assuming we go with Sonny's Tweet about leaning toward Twinsburg (which is technically closer to Garfield than Euclid anyways), here are my predictions for the Top 25: Lakewood: St Ignatius (1), Berea (18), Avon (20), Lakewood (24) Twinsburg: Garfield (3), Hoover (16), McKinley (17), Brush (25)...
  12. cardzfan1234

DI Northeast District

I predict that the #2 seed for Lakewood with Ignatius will be a team currently in the 20’s. Maybe Berea at #18 gives it a go to be the second highest seeded team rather than being 3rd or even 4th at some others. But it could dip into the 20s with Avon, Elyria, or Solon.
  13. cardzfan1234

DI Northeast District

It should. Mentor lost two games to out of state teams that is included in their record. Just sounds like another inconsistency with this system.
  14. cardzfan1234

Mentor Football 2024

No. Drop would imply they had an agreement to play in 2024. They didn’t. Riverside didn’t pursue scheduling Mentor in 2024.
  15. cardzfan1234

Mentor Football 2024

I walk out of the past two years with respect for Riverside. They stepped up and requested a two-game series with Mentor. They played toe to toe with "big brother" and both games could've gone either way. At the end of their two years, what obligation is of Riverside to keep scheduling Mentor? I...
  16. cardzfan1234

Mentor Football 2024

"No away crowd" was an exaggeration. McDowell came to Erie in 2013. They brought a crowd, sure. But it will be nothing compared to the crowd that the top three on my list (Riverside, Lake Catholic, Massillon) would bring. At this point, I know nothing about McDowell. They were a good test in...
  17. cardzfan1234

Mentor Football 2024

With the addition of Erie McDowell as a home game in Week 3, the 2024 schedule is now complete. That opponent certainly caught me off guard considering the amount of teams that seemingly made more sense. But Mentor gets a home game early in the season with no atmosphere, no away crowd, and no...
  18. cardzfan1234

I think Mentor would elect to be the 3rd or 4th seeded team at a different district than go to be the second highest team with Ignatius or Garfield. But that's just a hunch. I think at Mentor's best, the only two teams that stand out to me as still very capable of beating Mentor's A game would...
  19. cardzfan1234

Big win for Medina. Huge loss for Mentor. It was a rough week for the Cardinals. They are continuing to slip down the RPI and have now gotten themselves stuck in a very precarious position. They will be lucky to be the 3rd highest seeded team at whatever district they end up at. Could be the 4th...
  20. cardzfan1234

DI Northeast District

1. Do we know which districts are going to Kent versus Akron/Toledo? I agree that for the very top teams like Ignatius/Garfield, they are going to factor in probable regional draw. 2. As for Mentor, I think Krizancic will lean toward draw and not location. Euclid would be preferred of course...