Is it Time for a Civil Divorce ?

The Founding Fathers gave us a "reset" button with Article 5 of the Constitution. A convention of states is one method to amend the Constitution. Many have thought that since Republicans nominally control most state houses, a Convention of States, with one vote per state, would give conservatives proposals an advantage in affecting change. Even a legal separation is in theory possible and may even be desirable for certain states given the Orwellian direction of our current government. Yet my inner Joe Btfsplk sounds an alarm. As the article sites the pitfalls of a "runaway convention", even one with limited scope. So would conservatives be able to trust Republicans representing their state to do the right thing at a convention? Our collective experience shows Republicans, even at the state level, are a part of the political class and can be trusted to only vote for their self interest and perpetuation

If Biden wins and gets four more years I can see how one or both of these two options becomes a hell of a lot more likely to occur:

* A Constitution convention of states to address the growing divide and find a solution.

* A devolution of the United States along the lines of the dissolution of Czechoslovakia.

The Biden administration/democrat apparatus has jumped the shark and taken ideological differences that were previously settled at the ballot box and employed the powers of the Federal and certain State bureaucracy's to force single party rule of the United States. At their worst Clinton & Obama never dreamed of using the Deep State in the way the Biden administration has against its political opponents.

Throw in the chasm that now divides this country on so many cultural & economic issues and America faces a crisis of unity not seen since 1860.

Six comments in, and that civil divorce thing looks to have some merit.
I'm a history geek and we're a lot closer then a lot of people think. I don't believe that the United States is isolated from the winds of historical change and the divide in the country is approaching being insurmountable. I mean for crying out loud we can't even agree on what the definition of a "man" & "women" is.

If Biden wins and gets four more years I can see how one or both of these two options becomes a hell of a lot more likely to occur:

* A Constitution convention of states to address the growing divide and find a solution.

* A devolution of the United States along the lines of the dissolution of Czechoslovakia.

The Biden administration/democrat apparatus has jumped the shark and taken ideological differences that were previously settled at the ballot box and employed the powers of the Federal and certain State bureaucracy's to force single party rule of the United States. At their worst Clinton & Obama never dreamed of using the Deep State in the way the Biden administration has against its political opponents.

Throw in the chasm that now divides this country on so many cultural & economic issues and America faces a crisis of unity not seen since 1860.
Biden is rebuilding America (infrastructure), bringing great new jobs (chips act Wisconsin!), and making healthcare more accessible. Go have your fake hissy fit somewhere else.

Biden is rebuilding America (infrastructure), bringing great new jobs (chips act Wisconsin!), and making healthcare more accessible. Go have your fake hissy fit somewhere else.
I slow down and look very carefully each time I go through a road contruction area. I have never seen Biden , not once.

Perhaps you are crediting the wrong person with infrastructure rebuild and expansion.

I'm a history geek and we're a lot closer then a lot of people think. I don't believe that the United States is isolated from the winds of historical change and the divide in the country is approaching being insurmountable. I mean for crying out loud we can't even agree on what the definition of a "man" & "women" is.
I am ready. I hope western NY, PA, MD, and VA break away and join us. May be a long wait.

Cultivating a parallel economy that is woke proof needs to continue. I’m at the point in my life where all my buying decisions can be made as much about the character of the organization that gets the profit as anything else. I’m German, so I still have to fight the cheapskate as number one priority for many things. I guess I’m more of value buyer. Paying a little more on purpose for a relative equal, goes against my nature, but I’m trying to put my money where my mouth is whenever possible. I just never buy the best unless it’s an accidental bargain, because the extra 2% of quality isn’t worth the extra 20% of expense to me.

Strong options in a parallel economy will make breaking up with the coastal cretins a lot easier to do. Europe is already accepting some insane green climate supply chain qualifiers in production that are going to screw up a lot of that commerce if it doesn’t become headed off. We need to support these non-green options that must survive even more now

Last edited:
I am ready. I hope western NY, PA, MD, and VA break away and join us. May be a long wait.

Cultivating a parallel economy that is woke proof needs to continue. I’m at the point in my life where all my buying decisions can be made as much about the character of the organization that gets the profit as anything else. I’m German, so I still have to fight the cheapskate as number one priority for many things. I guess I’m more of value buyer. Paying a little more on purpose for a relative equal, goes against my nature, but I’m trying to put my money where my mouth is whenever possible. I just never buy the best unless it’s an accidental bargain, because the extra 2% of quality isn’t worth the extra 20% of expense to me.

Strong options in a parallel economy will make breaking up with the coastal cretins a lot easier to do. Europe is already accepting some insane green climate supply chain qualifiers in production that are going to screw up a lot of that commerce if it doesn’t become headed off. We need to support these non-green options that must survive even more now
I'm a sanguine personality and perhaps more sanguine than other conservatives on this topic. Whether I am looking through rose-colored glasses remains to be seen.

The main reason for my optimism comes in looking for the obstacles to the Marxists on the coasts and other places going where the Marxists before them have gone. Let's take California as an example. An entirely captured state, with some enclaves of sanity, but controlled by Cabe's "Demarxists". But it is a mess because leftist ideas never work anywhere they are tried. At some point the free stuff stops coming and all the people are left with is unlivable conditions. When that occurs, a political solution will be available for Californians to change course. So, I'm willing to let that play out.

All other Marxist experiments begin with popular support, utopian language of justice and equality, and when the cost of its lies and its practical failures become obvious, then there is a brutal crackdown on dissenters, freedoms are usurped, the gulags and re-education camps open, and force is exerted to maintain the system. All of that is illegal and unconstitutional - they can't do it. If they do, it means that we are already in a civil war and the possibility of a diplomatic divorce is long gone. As long as the Californias of the country are part of the United States, they do not have the option of coercion that every other Marxist system has needed to remain in control. I have to believe that even libs in those states have a limit on how much misery they can take and how much BS they will swallow before they do a political correction. That's why I'm cautiously sanguine.

I'm a sanguine personality and perhaps more sanguine than other conservatives on this topic. Whether I am looking through rose-colored glasses remains to be seen.

The main reason for my optimism comes in looking for the obstacles to the Marxists on the coasts and other places going where the Marxists before them have gone. Let's take California as an example. An entirely captured state, with some enclaves of sanity, but controlled by Cabe's "Demarxists". But it is a mess because leftist ideas never work anywhere they are tried. At some point the free stuff stops coming and all the people are left with is unlivable conditions. When that occurs, a political solution will be available for Californians to change course. So, I'm willing to let that play out.

All other Marxist experiments begin with popular support, utopian language of justice and equality, and when the cost of its lies and its practical failures become obvious, then there is a brutal crackdown on dissenters, freedoms are usurped, the gulags and re-education camps open, and force is exerted to maintain the system. All of that is illegal and unconstitutional - they can't do it. If they do, it means that we are already in a civil war and the possibility of a diplomatic divorce is long gone. As long as the Californias of the country are part of the United States, they do not have the option of coercion that every other Marxist system has needed to remain in control. I have to believe that even libs in those states have a limit on how much misery they can take and how much BS they will swallow before they do a political correction. That's why I'm cautiously sanguine.
These people are immediately coming after the Supreme Court and the electoral college if they can cheat in adequate numbers this next election. Then what ?

Democrats have lost the universal respect for our founding documents, and they are now without principles. Covid restrictions and woke absurdities have weeded out conservatives in government service. Then there is the potential for technological leverage and control, as they are always dividing us along a different axis. They’re almost to the point where they could wreck this place with one good bum rush

I think you may be a bit naïve.

Functional people.

No you’re not.
The clown that tells young girls that it’s perfectly normal to get their breasts cut off, and have a fake non-functional phallus created from forearm flesh, trying to influence poor mentally disturbed girls into a "future" in which they will never orgasm or reproduce, is now talking about "functional people". Peak clownery.

You are an idiot full of lies, contradictions, and disfunction. You have lapped yourself in reverse. You are an abomination of desolation. Just quit this game.

Last edited:
The clown that tells little girls it’s perfectly normal to get their breasts, cut off and have a fake non-functional foul is created from forearm flesh, a girl that will never orgasm, it’s talking about functional people.
I have nothing to say about someone else’s healthcare. It’s just no one else’s business. Small government.
You are an idiot full of lies and contradictions, and you have lapped yourself in reverse. Just quit this game.
You’re a bigot.

I have nothing to say about someone else’s healthcare. It’s just no one else’s business. Small government.

You’re a bigot.
You’re an idiot, and obviously don’t understand what mutual insurance is intended to be. All you care is that you freaks hijacked it with ACA Your day is governed by what the lobbyists enable you to get away with, groomer.

If these people survive without killing themselves, a lifetime of gender bender meds for one begun with the mutilation and all-in commitment of elective trans surgery is it going to be about $2 million. To hell with that

You’re an idiot, and obviously don’t understand mutual insurance. Your day is governed by what the lobbyists enable you to get away with, even though these people all go broke and go on Medicaid .
You’re on crack.
If these people survive without killing themselves, a lifetime of gender bender meds for one begun with the mutilation and all-in commitment of elective trans surgery is it going to be about $2 million. To hell with that
Source?

These people are immediately coming after the Supreme Court and the electoral college if they can cheat in adequate numbers this next election. Then what ?

Democrats have lost the universal respect for our founding documents, and they are now without principles. Covid restrictions and woke absurdities have weeded out conservatives in government service. Then there is the potential for technological leverage and control, as they are always dividing us along a different axis. They’re almost to the point where they could wreck this place with one good bum rush

I think you may be a bit naïve.
Yes, I realize that possibility. But the topic is a divorce. I think a political solution is more likely than a divorce. And a civil war is more likely than a divorce. Consider the gem below from one of our committed leftist, neo-Marxists:
Stop trying to make Trumper sanctuary states happen. It's not going to happen.
Just as the Palestinians say "from the river to the sea", you see these limp-wristers promising there will be no sanctuary from their tyranny from sea to sea. So they won't agree to a divorce, only complete control - and you know what that will result in.

I qualified it with “a bit”.

I understand what you’re saying, though. Naïveté conveys a general quality of an experience. Perhaps a better word. We all have blind spots.

You gotta remenber he said he'd never vote for Trump again, and now he's counting on Trump being the only peacemaker.

Yes, I realize that possibility. But the topic is a divorce. I think a political solution is more likely than a divorce. And a civil war is more likely than a divorce. Consider the gem below from one of our committed leftist, neo-Marxists:

Just as the Palestinians say "from the river to the sea", you see these limp-wristers promising there will be no sanctuary from their tyranny from sea to sea. So they won't agree to a divorce, only complete control - and you know what that will result in.
Whack job.