Liberal Singer can't take the Heat.

I've seen this whacko in concert. Cancel your shows or make it for Libs.

I don't think that is exactly what happened. I believe he was telling his story about his grandma and someone yelled to play music.

I saw him twice last year. His only "political" talk was when someone yelled out to blame Biden for the homeless people and he responded back.

Unless he changed his stories since last year his show wasn't about politics.

I don't think that is exactly what happened. I believe he was telling his story about his grandma and someone yelled to play music.

I saw him twice last year. His only "political" talk was when someone yelled out to blame Biden for the homeless people and he responded back.

Unless he changed his stories since last year his show wasn't about politics.
Agreed. This is the context I read about as well.

1713302831866.png

More relevant now than 40 years ago?

Now, the major difference is I used to think he was grateful for America when he was singing this, now I know he was just moaning like an idealistic ignoramus.

It’s all about perspective, Bob. And Mellencamp hasn’t learned much. He apparently stopped learning as soon as he started getting rich.

Now, the major difference is I used to think he was grateful for America when he was singing this, now I know he was just moaning like an idealistic ignoramus.

It’s all about perspective, Bob.
I like the way he threatened violence. I'll meet you after the show after my goon tracks you down. But first I'll punish all of you. I'm cutting 10 songs from my show. Shut up and sing!

I like the way he threatened violence. I'll meet you after the show after my goon tracks you down. But first I'll punish all of you. I'm cutting 10 songs from my show. Shut up and sing!
I hope it’s very well publicized what a Putz that he has become. He can have shows full of true believers and have half the audience.

I saw him when he was just going by Johnny Cougar, with his real name pushed aside at the advice of his manager, and opening for Ted Nugent. 1978 I think. I know he’ll never get another dime out of me.

Last edited:
I hope it’s very well publicized what a Putz that he has become. He can have shows full of true believers and have half the audience.

I saw him when he was just going by Johnny Cougar, with his real name pushed aside at the advice of his manager, and opening for Ted Nugent. 1978 I think. I know he’ll never get another dime out of me.
Wow, that will show him. That plus your lack of influence won’t cost him much. You’re so important.

Keep exposing these little tyrant puzzies. He is so far gone I'm surprised he don't make them stand 6' apart with mask.
I go to a show just to heckle him with my MAGA hat. I'm guessing I'm not the only one, he probably won't do any more shows acting like such a Karen.

He has some good songs.

My son met Mellancamp at a bar in Bloomington 30-ish years ago.

He thought he was a friendly guy.

It's funny how these "Americana" singers like Mellencamp and Springstein have no clue what middle America is about.

So was Mellencamp out of touch & had no clue when he along with Willie Nelson & Neil Young organized the first Farm Aid concert in 1985 to raise awareness about the loss of family farms and to raise funds to keep farm families on the land? The Farm Aid website says they have raised $78 million since 1985.

Mellencamp had always been way, way left. I like his music and I respect what he has done regarding Farm Aid. However, I am not going to let a musician, athlete or actor dictate my opinion on various political topics.

So was Mellencamp out of touch & had no clue when he along with Willie Nelson & Neil Young organized the first Farm Aid concert in 1985 to raise awareness about the loss of family farms and to raise funds to keep farm families on the land? The Farm Aid website says they have raised $78 million since 1985.

Mellencamp had always been way, way left. I like his music and I respect what he has done regarding Farm Aid. However, I am not going to let a musician, athlete or actor dictate my opinion on various political topics.
Thanks for the reminder. He’s clearly lost his way.

I wonder if he's been critical of the Chinese buying up that farm land.

I like many Mellencamp and for that matter Springsteen songs. Politics doesn't dictate what entertainment i partake in. Doesn't stop me from calling them out either.

One of the most violent leaders of the Columbia University riots is allegedly a professional agitator and limousine liberal — the scion of millionaire ad execs who owns in a $3.4 million Brooklyn brownstone, has a model babymama and a stepmom dating John Cougar Mellencamp.

James Carlson, aka Cody Carlson, aka Cody Tarlow, is “a longtime anarchist,” a high-ranking police source said.

He bought his 2,893-square-foot, three-story brownstone with four wood-burning fireplaces and a carriage house in Park Slope in 2019 for $2.3 million, according to property records and online listings.

lol