2024/25 SWBL Basketball

Crazy Horse

New thread for upcoming season and to see what teams have coming up thru their respective programs. I'll list the obvious loses and what teams bring back. Not sure of transfers or rumors of any? Also June is getting closer will be interesting to see how teams prepare that month. I'll list my best guess to win each side, as it is very early and a lot can change.

BUCKEYE:

1) Carlisle- They return the whole starting 5. Lawson (19.5) Rowe (10.8) Taylor (9.7) ppg (9.6) Reb Morgenson (5.4) Conger (4.5). Lawson and Rowe will be Seniors this year, Taylor and Conger come back as Juniors with another varsity year under their belt. Morgenson started as a freshman and got better as the year went along. his growth will be an asset for the Indians. I know 4 out of the 5 play AAU as well. Lawson plays for Midwest basketball Club, Taylor plays for team Greatness, Morgenson plays for All Heart, Conger plays as well just don't know the teams name. Rowe plays Baseball and is looking to play that at the next level.

2) Oakwood- Return Rubin who was player of the year. Also return Thobe and Hoersting. Lose some big pieces in Jacomet, Bremner, and Jenkins. Will play hard just don't know if they have enough to fill the spots needed to win the league.

3). Valley View- The two freshmen are a year older and more experienced. Deny and Fritz will be tough to handle at times. Just don't know if supporting cast will be good enough to take league this season. I do know they will have Dickson back which should help some. Also bring back a Valenti. They do lose a Valenti and Lynch. this team has a ton of upside and could be really scary.

4) Waynesville- Lose a good senior group of boys, Warren,Berrey, Squire. Bring back Sesslar. A lot of room for some people to step up. a lot of production gone.

5) Brookville- Coach resigned, lose a good group of seniors. Will be tough at first but maybe some bright spots step up? lose Wood, Crabtree, Fisher. Bring back King and Smart.

6) Eaton- This team will be interesting they have underachieved last two seasons, can they figure it out. Lose Ramy, Leslie Orr, Gramaglia. bring back Bach, Rodgers and Preston Orr.

7) Madison- lose a big senior group, Whisman, Pendleton, Sproat, Grooms. Back are Combs and Miller. Can they work their way into the mix?

SOUTHWESTERN:

Bellbrook- Think they will be a lot better this year but only time will tell. They lose 1 guy Solomon. Bring back some solid pieces Webb, Schoy, Caswell, Gregory. Question looms will coach get more touches for Webb? If so they will have an upper edge on this side this year.

Franklin- Returning champs. Think they will be right there again. Bring back Cook who was player of the year. but the lose of Black, and Murphy hurts. watch out for Tito as he plays very hard and is quick.

Monroe- they have to be the dark horse here as they bring back a big soon to be senior class, Atha, Mapp, Poe, Marcum.

Ross- Lose Nunn, Caldwell, Castator. Bring back Schaefer, and Hendricks

Edgewood- Loosing a lot Barry, Ballantyne, Smith, Thompson. back are Reynolds and Daley.

New thread for upcoming season and to see what teams have coming up thru their respective programs. I'll list the obvious loses and what teams bring back. Not sure of transfers or rumors of any? Also June is getting closer will be interesting to see how teams prepare that month. I'll list my best guess to win each side, as it is very early and a lot can change.

BUCKEYE:

1) Carlisle- They return the whole starting 5. Lawson (19.5) Rowe (10.8) Taylor (9.7) ppg (9.6) Reb Morgenson (5.4) Conger (4.5). Lawson and Rowe will be Seniors this year, Taylor and Conger come back as Juniors with another varsity year under their belt. Morgenson started as a freshman and got better as the year went along. his growth will be an asset for the Indians. I know 4 out of the 5 play AAU as well. Lawson plays for Midwest basketball Club, Taylor plays for team Greatness, Morgenson plays for All Heart, Conger plays as well just don't know the teams name. Rowe plays Baseball and is looking to play that at the next level.

2) Oakwood- Return Rubin who was player of the year. Also return Thobe and Hoersting. Lose some big pieces in Jacomet, Bremner, and Jenkins. Will play hard just don't know if they have enough to fill the spots needed to win the league.

3). Valley View- The two freshmen are a year older and more experienced. Deny and Fritz will be tough to handle at times. Just don't know if supporting cast will be good enough to take league this season. I do know they will have Dickson back which should help some. Also bring back a Valenti. They do lose a Valenti and Lynch. this team has a ton of upside and could be really scary.

4) Waynesville- Lose a good senior group of boys, Warren,Berrey, Squire. Bring back Sesslar. A lot of room for some people to step up. a lot of production gone.

5) Brookville- Coach resigned, lose a good group of seniors. Will be tough at first but maybe some bright spots step up? lose Wood, Crabtree, Fisher. Bring back King and Smart.

6) Eaton- This team will be interesting they have underachieved last two seasons, can they figure it out. Lose Ramy, Leslie Orr, Gramaglia. bring back Bach, Rodgers and Preston Orr.

7) Madison- lose a big senior group, Whisman, Pendleton, Sproat, Grooms. Back are Combs and Miller. Can they work their way into the mix?

SOUTHWESTERN:

Bellbrook- Think they will be a lot better this year but only time will tell. They lose 1 guy Solomon. Bring back some solid pieces Webb, Schoy, Caswell, Gregory. Question looms will coach get more touches for Webb? If so they will have an upper edge on this side this year.

Franklin- Returning champs. Think they will be right there again. Bring back Cook who was player of the year. but the lose of Black, and Murphy hurts. watch out for Tito as he plays very hard and is quick.

Monroe- they have to be the dark horse here as they bring back a big soon to be senior class, Atha, Mapp, Poe, Marcum.

Ross- Lose Nunn, Caldwell, Castator. Bring back Schaefer, and Hendricks

Edgewood- Loosing a lot Barry, Ballantyne, Smith, Thompson. back are Reynolds and Daley.
Looks like little to no depth for any of the Buckeye division teams. Will anyone feel comfortable playing their 6-7-8th guy?

Looks like little to no depth for any of the Buckeye division teams. Will anyone feel comfortable playing their 6-7-8th guy?
Probably can say the same about the teams on the other side too. The Hornets starting 5 should be solid and good enough to compete for the league title but I’m not sure they have anyone who can contribute off the bench. Hope they can stay healthy!

Probably can say the same about the teams on the other side too. The Hornets starting 5 should be solid and good enough to compete for the league title but I’m not sure they have anyone who can contribute off the bench. Hope they can stay healthy!
I would go farther and say you can say that about 75% of teams in SWOH. If you can go 8 deep without a huge drop off you have a great chance of advancing far in the tournament. A good big, great guards and 8 deep will get you to a regional

I can only speak on Carlisle, Don't know about the up in coming players from JV or soon to be freshman for other schools. Carlisle lost 1 kid due to Graduation. So they will be a lot deeper this year. I know they bring back some guys that had some good Varsity minutes last year as well. Rust, Svarda, and Smith should be in the mix for some quality minutes this season. Im hearing Jewell might come back out, which will help as he is a 6'5 lefty.

I can only speak on Carlisle, Don't know about the up in coming players from JV or soon to be freshman for other schools. Carlisle lost 1 kid due to Graduation. So they will be a lot deeper this year. I know they bring back some guys that had some good Varsity minutes last year as well. Rust, Svarda, and Smith should be in the mix for some quality minutes this season. Im hearing Jewell might come back out, which will help as he is a 6'5 lefty.
Jewell must have hit a major growth spurt, he was 6' during football last season.........................Smith will be able to help with his shooting. Don't know much about Rust/Svarda.

Jewell must have hit a major growth spurt, he was 6' during football last season.........................Smith will be able to help with his shooting. Don't know much about Rust/Svarda.
Jewell did hit a spurt. He grew a lot over the past year. Rust and Svarda played some last year both will be juniors this up coming season.