2024 Massillon Tigers

That's very much debatable.

For the majority of kids (even in Massillon) it's about the love of the game. If you want to turn the program into an apprenticeship for a select few, go ahead. But don't be surprised if community support and fan interest drop accordingly.
You just proved my entire point 😂😂😂 you have no idea what these kids like why do you think we're doing it??? I'm not trying to get on here and brag bro but I'm really close to the program and the kids are excited but let you tell the story though

You just proved my entire point 😂😂😂 you have no idea what these kids like why do you think we're doing it??? I'm not trying to get on here and brag bro but I'm really close to the program and the kids are excited but let you tell the story though
Look, man -- a trip to Oregon is like the band going to the Rose Bowl parade. Kinda cool on one hand, but it's not a lifetime memory, it doesn't make them any better, and it does damn little to raise their national profile (to whatever extent that ridiculous chest-thumpery means anything).

We're not IMG, and we never will be. Our third-string long snapper ain't getting a full ride. We've got a small number of talented kids. Some will get some help with college. Most will flame out. It has ever been thus.

Look, man -- a trip to Oregon is like the band going to the Rose Bowl parade. Kinda cool on one hand, but it's not a lifetime memory, it doesn't make them any better, and it does damn little to raise their national profile (to whatever extent that ridiculous chest-thumpery means anything).

We're not IMG, and we never will be. Our third-string long snapper ain't getting a full ride. We've got a small number of talented kids. Some will get some help with college. Most will flame out. It has ever been thus.
Again that's your opinion that's good for you but you don't know these kids at home situations,to some these kids it might be a lifetime experience to a lot of them. I don't think you realize that a lot of these kids are not going to college so some of them will never leave state but again this is why people laugh at Massillon fans because we always complaining about something that has nothing to do with adults but yet ppl like you have a issue with it. I have no idea who you are what you have done in your life but w/e it is your time has passed by let these kids enjoy they time being kids just be a fan an enjoy the ride. We got some of the most selfish fans I have ever seen in my damn life it's pathetic bruh

Super weird….coulda swore that random Perry fan said Massillon kids were slow

Slow feet don't eat I think was the quote, LOL.

More facts: The next 4 fastest kids on the team, would give these 4 a run for the money. :)

As a football fan I love the speed events, which we always do well, but as a Track fan I do wish it we put more emphasis on it overall. Massillon Track could be really REALLY good.

Slow feet don't eat I think was the quote, LOL.

More facts: The next 4 fastest kids on the team, would give these 4 a run for the money. :)

As a football fan I love the speed events, which we always do well, but as a Track fan I do wish it we put more emphasis on it overall. Massillon Track could be really REALLY good.
The 8th grade looks to have some good 400 runners as they won the Stark County meet this week

Massillon has always been good in the Sprints, long as I can remember. I was in the Coventry Class of 2015. Did track for the comets. In that year, Coventry was in D1, expected to go toe to toe in districts against teams like Massillon, Jackson, Glenn Oak, Mckinnley, Perry, Louisville. All schools that had twice our enrollments.

We had a solid team that year, especially in the sprints and the jumps. We had a guy who was trying to get to regionals in the 100m, he was fast. But we used to say, when discussing the competition at that districts. "yeah, both of Massillon's guys are gone" as in placing 1 and 2, no doubt.

As an aside, I believe our team took 6th place in that district, against schools with twice our enrollment. Qualified 6 guys across like 4 different events. Got one guy to states. We were pretty proud of ourselves. After that year, the comets dropped to d2. Coventry had a solid run in track and field since then, until the covid years destroyed our team.

As for Massillon track, you guys have always been a powerhouse in the sprints. To the guy who said, the only event that matters is the 100m, I must respectfully disagree with you. The hurdles are important as well. As are the throws, Long Jump, High Jump. Even the middle distance stuff is good for stamina. I honestly believe every event in track translates into football, and I strongly feel that every football player should come out for track, and find an event they are good at, and compete.

My events were the long distance stuff, I was more of a cross country guy, but yeah. Right now I am studying to be a high school history teacher here at the University of Akron. I honestly wouldn't mind teaching at a school like Massillon, and I feel like there is an opportunity to make a powerhouse cross country team/track distance squad, at your place. Of course my loyalty is always to Coventry first, and I would ideally love an opportunity to make Coventry great again. But as an aspiring teacher, I must take from whatever opportunity is offered. If that opportunity is Massillon, I honestly feel like I could do something there. And I would do everything I can to be successful there. Your community is really inspiring to me, and if it were my lot to be apart of it, it would be an honour.

TIG

Massillon has always been good in the Sprints, long as I can remember. I was in the Coventry Class of 2015. Did track for the comets. In that year, Coventry was in D1, expected to go toe to toe in districts against teams like Massillon, Jackson, Glenn Oak, Mckinnley, Perry, Louisville. All schools that had twice our enrollments.

We had a solid team that year, especially in the sprints and the jumps. We had a guy who was trying to get to regionals in the 100m, he was fast. But we used to say, when discussing the competition at that districts. "yeah, both of Massillon's guys are gone" as in placing 1 and 2, no doubt.

As an aside, I believe our team took 6th place in that district, against schools with twice our enrollment. Qualified 6 guys across like 4 different events. Got one guy to states. We were pretty proud of ourselves. After that year, the comets dropped to d2. Coventry had a solid run in track and field since then, until the covid years destroyed our team.

As for Massillon track, you guys have always been a powerhouse in the sprints. To the guy who said, the only event that matters is the 100m, I must respectfully disagree with you. The hurdles are important as well. As are the throws, Long Jump, High Jump. Even the middle distance stuff is good for stamina. I honestly believe every event in track translates into football, and I strongly feel that every football player should come out for track, and find an event they are good at, and compete.

My events were the long distance stuff, I was more of a cross country guy, but yeah. Right now I am studying to be a high school history teacher here at the University of Akron. I honestly wouldn't mind teaching at a school like Massillon, and I feel like there is an opportunity to make a powerhouse cross country team/track distance squad, at your place. Of course my loyalty is always to Coventry first, and I would ideally love an opportunity to make Coventry great again. But as an aspiring teacher, I must take from whatever opportunity is offered. If that opportunity is Massillon, I honestly feel like I could do something there. And I would do everything I can to be successful there. Your community is really inspiring to me, and if it were my lot to be apart of it, it would be an honour.

TIG
Very well said, you sound like a class act. As someone mentioned to you in an earlier post please try to take in the Massillon- McKinley game this year, it's an experience like no other... I've brought many first timers to their first game being that one.. Everyone one of them agreed they've never seen anything like that.. But you'll experience a community bond that will give you an appreciation for how the community supports their Tigers... Please get there early so you can take everything in, that's all part of it. I'm not from Massillon, never lived there but started going to games back in the 80's because of family there.. One of the best decisions I've ever made, such great memories and met some really good people along the way... Just a great time... Go to some of the games this year you'll see what I mean, but definetly see game #10 and let us know what you think.. Oh grab a bite to eat downtown before the game and just so you know it's always a 2:00 game on a saturday

Very well said, you sound like a class act. As someone mentioned to you in an earlier post please try to take in the Massillon- McKinley game this year, it's an experience like no other... I've brought many first timers to their first game being that one.. Everyone one of them agreed they've never seen anything like that.. But you'll experience a community bond that will give you an appreciation for how the community supports their Tigers... Please get there early so you can take everything in, that's all part of it. I'm not from Massillon, never lived there but started going to games back in the 80's because of family there.. One of the best decisions I've ever made, such great memories and met some really good people along the way... Just a great time... Go to some of the games this year you'll see what I mean, but definetly see game #10 and let us know what you think.. Oh grab a bite to eat downtown before the game and just so you know it's always a 2:00 game on a saturday
Sounds like I better do just that then. I will put week 10 on my calendar.

Sounds like I better do just that then. I will put week 10 on my calendar.
heres a short video recap of the game at Massillon two years ago.

and if you have time you can watch this.. I believe it was part of a project that started at Kent St.. this is a great history lesson in football called "Timeless rivals" you'll be in awe.. it's an hour and a half long but you'll want more when your done

I snooped arounf the middle school twitter account after you posted this.. there's some imprissive looking athletes on that track team.. Who is that Zek kid? man is he put together.. please tell me he plays football

We had similar height & weight and now that I am nearing 60 this^ is what I imagine I looked like in hs. :)

Kinda off-topic (ok, it is off-topic 🤷🏽‍♂️), but Buena Vista is bringing back their all-you-can-eat Mother’s Day buffet. It isn’t cheap, but if you have an appetite, it’s so worth it. It allows you to experience their full menu, which is often ignored because the chicken is so good. Reservation is required.

Just a quick FYI for those willing to travel…

IMG_3351.jpeg