2024 Massillon Tigers

No one said they had an "obligation". What was said is that there's an undeniable shortage of among the administration at many local schools. And there is.
Like I said it before honestly what do we gain playing local teams? Absolutely nothing why not play a National schedule and get the kids the exposure I don't understand why old men care about high school football schedule that much you got some kids on the team that probably have never traveled out of state and they got an opportunity to do that why not be happy for them instead of complaining? Not trying to be mean or nothing I just don't understand Massillon fans sometimes we complain about everything and then we wonder why people don't like us that's why. We have a great team and a great program why not travel and show it off and let the kids get the exposure that they deserve we got kids that possibly could compete on a national level why not let them get the opportunity? I have stated multiple times and it might sound dumb to some people but who cares you play some of these top ranked out of state opponents wherever you got to play I'm at when you get into the playoffs it almost becomes easy you have seen everything that every team around the country has to offer when you play a local team it's honestly easy look how we rolled through the playoffs the last couple years you play them type of games to be able to win the state championship 7-2 against a National power in Akron Hoban or to be able to beat the three time defending D1 state champions in St Edwards.. I can't speak for everybody cuz obviously everybody has their own opinion but I enjoy seeing new teams come into the stadium I enjoy seeing teams that we don't normally see I agree I do think some of the local teams need to start growing a set because I look at schools like Perry, Hoover ,Jackson who play a cupcake schedule and then wonder why they get bounced out of the playoffs quick as much as I respect lake they're in the same boat they play a week schedule throughout the regular season and then rely on a hope and prayer to be able to beat a team like Massillon or Akron Hoban in the playoffs is silly to me you challenge yourself to where you know how to handle playing a powerhouse even if you just play one powerhouse in the regular season you might lose but your team is going to benefit from it more than just playing local teams put it like this you play local teams all the time you become average you play top teams in the country all the time you become Elite and everybody that is Massillon tiger football fans all feel that we are elite

Top 10 in the nation says we are
I don’t get settling for best in state when we are in the top of the nation
To each their own
💯.. you telling nothing but facts bro it's the old timers that don't understand football is changing for the better it's not like it was back in the 50s 60s 70s 80s or hell even the 90s if you want to get your kids the national exposure that's the way to do it Coach Moore is not stupid he knows our limitations every team on our schedule is beatable why not play our nationally ranked team or two when most of the state is running for you

That Massillon team was NOT winning state anyways so what’s the point being bitter and making excuses years later. Tip your cap and move on
I agree with you a lot sometimes bro but I'm sorry I'm not tipping my cap to a team that clearly had the refs on they side... But you are right we was not going to win state

Here's a question since its the off season... Do any of you feel like Massillon will ever join a league..Lets say in the next 5 years. I've always wondered what the "hometown crowd" really feels about this.. Obviously there's pros and cons, lots of them and I know it would have to be the right fit but generally speaking..I'd be curious what you fellas think
Oh God no I hope we stay independent at least for football. I feel like some leagues turn your program into being mediocre because one year you might have great opponents but then the next year they're down and they can be down for a couple years hence what I feel like happened to McKinley

💯.. you telling nothing but facts bro it's the old timers that don't understand football is changing for the better it's not like it was back in the 50s 60s 70s 80s or hell even the 90s if you want to get your kids the national exposure that's the way to do it Coach Moore is not stupid he knows our limitations every team on our schedule is beatable why not play our nationally ranked team or two when most of the state is running for you

I do enjoy playing a couple oos or nationally known teams but that leaves 8 more. I'd prefer they be OH teams if possible, but a couple more solid oos will suffice in a pinch. Is what it is. I also think national rankings are cool when they happen but not as a goal. How bout win a couple or several more state titles first? The rest takes care of itself. All of a sudden we talk about this more than Hoban or St. Ed. Not a good look imo.

Who's buying replica rings of their favorite team and just wearing them around? That's just as weird.
I didn’t see anyone say anything about wearing them around. Could simply be a piece of memorabilia stored on a shelf. If it’s not for you then keep moving.

I do enjoy playing a couple oos or nationally known teams but that leaves 8 more. I'd prefer they be OH teams if possible, but a couple more solid oos will suffice in a pinch. Is what it is. I also think national rankings are cool when they happen but not as a goal. How bout win a couple or several more state titles first? The rest takes care of itself. All of a sudden we talk about this more than Hoban or St. Ed. Not a good look imo.
Not a good look? We are fans on an anonymous forum, who gives a s***, it’s the off-season.

Some of you guys want things done like they were for the previous 53 years. I’ll trust what the guy that got us the ring is doing over what the last 7 coaches did. You either want the best for the program or you don’t. Playing 8 home games against local teams might be fun for the average fan, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to make our program better. Take your selfish “wants” out of it and support the trajectory of the program.

Yeah I guess. I just couldn't imagine wanting a championship ring for something other than being on the team that won it.
That’s okay, not everyone has the same interests as you. Personally, I have no plans on buying a ring. But if I went to a buddy’s house to watch a game or whatever the case may be, and he has a “fan” ring in a little case on his mantle, I’d certainly take a look at it. To each their own, but I doubt we see a bunch of grown men running around town wearing giant rings lol.

Im down to schedule whoever besides IMG, even the NFL academy game feels weird.

Random side note: Valdosta qb and wr picked up an offer from Bama, but we had to hear how this wasnt a good Valdosta team compared to the past.
Teams can have lots of talented players but not be good teams. That being said, I watched that game and do believe that was a good, talented football team. However, it may not be inaccurate to say that they weren't up to current Georgia (or past Valdosta) standards. They finished 8-4 with a second round playoff exit.

Teams can have lots of talented players but not be good teams. That being said, I watched that game and do believe that was a good, talented football team. However, it may not be inaccurate to say that they weren't up to current Georgia (or past Valdosta) standards. They finished 8-4 with a second round playoff exit.
I think we all agree with that statement. That being said, Valdosta would’ve beat the brakes off every other team in Stark County and would’ve probably been a top 5 team in NEO.

Completely agree, there was a lot of excuses thrown around on their end to go on top of them not being as good as prior years, but dont feel like they were any slouch. I dont know much bout Georgia ball, but i feel like Colquitt and Carrolton are usually one of the better teams down there? Im gonna end up spawning that georgia poster out of no where talking about this.

Pretty much. Nobody is saying they were the best GA team. Not sure how we (Ohio) namely Massillon, Ed, Hoban, would fare against Georgia's "best" teams. Not exactly apples to apples relative to size of districts here and there. In Ohio D2, I would rank only Massillon, Hoban, Avon, ahead of Valdosta. And maybe 2-3 other D1's. And probably TCC. Fairly comparable to Glenville. Jmo.