Driving Pet Peeves

Recently have seen a lot of weaving in and out of traffic at speed. Also, have seen a number of people treating red lights as stop signs.

Driving home on the turnike over Labor Day noticed some signs encouraging people not to drive slow in the left lane.

Driving slow in the left lane causes climate change. State troopers should start ticketing for this

I hate driving on Racist Roads! Whatever the F that means. Heard them talking about Racist Roads today on radio. I’m not sure wtf a Racist Road is but I don’t like em!

Also, have seen a number of people treating red lights as stop signs.
I go for a morning walk every morning. I would like to have a dollar for every car that see the light turn from yellow to red. They speed up and run the red light. I have learned to wait before crossing in the cross walk. The pedestrian with the light doesn't have the right away.
Off topic but a major pet peeve. I went to an event at the local county fair. I had three seats in the front row in the grandstands. The seats have armrests and the seats have been there for ages. Put in back when the average person was smaller than they are today. Of course the next seat was occupied by an older woman and she was huge. Her fat rolled over the top of the arm rest and squeezed through the metal part of the arm rest.
Her thighs were bigger than my waist and covered a good third of my seat surface. I am 6' 1"tall and weigh 205#. I have fairly broad shoulders. Needless to say I couldn't use my seat unless I wanted to be engulfed by a human side airbag. I stood and waited until the crowd was pretty much seated and found an empty seat away from my family. At her age she had to know what the seats are like in the grandstand. If she had any sense of decency she would have bought an extra seat or bought a folding seat in front of the grandstand. To add insult to injury I watched her buy and eat a bag of caramel corn.

I go for a morning walk every morning. I would like to have a dollar for every car that see the light turn from yellow to red. They speed up and run the red light. I have learned to wait before crossing in the cross walk. The pedestrian with the light doesn't have the right away.
Off topic but a major pet peeve. I went to an event at the local county fair. I had three seats in the front row in the grandstands. The seats have armrests and the seats have been there for ages. Put in back when the average person was smaller than they are today. Of course the next seat was occupied by an older woman and she was huge. Her fat rolled over the top of the arm rest and squeezed through the metal part of the arm rest.
Her thighs were bigger than my waist and covered a good third of my seat surface. I am 6' 1"tall and weigh 205#. I have fairly broad shoulders. Needless to say I couldn't use my seat unless I wanted to be engulfed by a human side airbag. I stood and waited until the crowd was pretty much seated and found an empty seat away from my family. At her age she had to know what the seats are like in the grandstand. If she had any sense of decency she would have bought an extra seat or bought a folding seat in front of the grandstand. To add insult to injury I watched her buy and eat a bag of caramel corn.

I'm 5'9ish skinny as a rail. I'd have taken that seat, put the moves on and owned that caramel corn.

People who treat red lights as stop signs.

People who get almost all the way up on your bumper before getting over to pass you

People who insist on going well over the speed limit during moderate or heavy traffic.

Not using turn signals.

Swinging far out to the left to make a right hand turn (or vice versa). I get it. It makes the turn wider and easier. It's lazy, and now you are half-a-foot in my lane.

People trying to be "nice" by waving me on when they have the right of way. I'm not talking about when there is a gridlock or standstill. It's dangerous.

My latest pet peeve and I'm seeing it more and more. Cars stopping two to three car lengths behind the car in front of them at a red light. They are usually distracted. Pull up a bit closer. Around half-a-car length is usually reasonable, sometimes even closer, depending on the situation. Be aware when you are driving.

Entering a 65 mph highway at 38 mph. Again, it's not cautious, it's dangerous. Merge at highway speeds.

Distractive/not paying attention.
Witnessed about an hour ago a larger uhaul type of truck def was not paying attention coming up on slow/stopped traffic on 33....(even when the digital sign warned of this a mile or two up the road) and couldn't stop.in time so went to his right and hit 3-4 cars. Pretty nasty.

Frivelous laws. I asked this question several months ago on another thread. Has ANYONE ever been pulled over specifically for only texting and driving??
Folks no matter what you think, it's here for good. There is no way police want to stop a person and give them a ticket for something like this. Now if there is an accident and it's proven they were texting and driving then yes, they can add that offense on, but this will not happen. Just go sit at a stoplight and see the numbers of people who are looking at their phones at a red light. My guess it's 70% or more.

Frivelous laws. I asked this question several months ago on another thread. Has ANYONE ever been pulled over specifically for only texting and driving??
Folks no matter what you think, it's here for good. There is no way police want to stop a person and give them a ticket for something like this. Now if there is an accident and it's proven they were texting and driving then yes, they can add that offense on, but this will not happen. Just go sit at a stoplight and see the numbers of people who are looking at their phones at a red light. My guess it's 70% or more.
Yeah, in Ohio that's legal.

On the other hand I have followed drivers that were off the road to the right and then straddling the center line. Pull them over and cite them. They're a danger, and only a fool believes it's frivolous.

I was attempting to merge onto I70 yesterday. I come Parallel with the lanes of travel and am slightly ahead of a car in the right most lane. I speed up to make sure I have clear distance before merging and so does he. I ended up going 90 trying to merge.

I was attempting to merge onto I70 yesterday. I come Parallel with the lanes of travel and am slightly ahead of a car in the right most lane. I speed up to make sure I have clear distance before merging and so does he. I ended up going 90 trying to merge.
Lots of anger out there.

My biggest one I see a few times a week, this morning as well, is the intentional merging late so they can bypass the traffice and in turn, slow the everyone....

33E to 270E.
There is a nice long chute to get into the correct lane. If ya have not be there, there are 3 lanes at the 270S/270E interchange from 33.
The middle lane can go to either place but the LH lane merges late near the underpass.

It often gets slowed down with people taking that open lane and wanting to merge last second. What grinds my gears the most is to see those in teh correct lane behind me......get out of said lane and speed to end and want everyone to let them in.

Get bent hosers, get bent.

1.) Texting while driving, using phone in any capacity when it’s not hands free.

2.) slow drivers left lane.

3.) reckless driving, changing lanes between cars and flying through traffic.

4.) NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO OTHER DRIVERS.

One day a few years back, I called my 90-year-old uncle in Detroit to see how he was doing. He said he was fine and later stated that he had always wondered what kind of damn fool runs into the back of his own garage. He next explained that he'd already had his car repaired and that a guy was currently replacing the back wall of his garage. I guess we all hate it when we end up doing what we criticize others for.

The one I've been super annoyed with lately is someone pulled up past the stop sign or white line on the ground when at a light or stop sign. If I have a big vehicle and I'm turning and almost hit you because you're 5-10 feet past the stop sign? Ope.

If I'm passing you... DO NOT SPEED UP.

If you suddenly realize you've slowed down, or aren't going the speed you wanted to go... let me pass first and keep up with me.

Conversely... If you pass me... DO NOT SLOW DOWN SLOWER THAN I WAS GOING.

I don't know how often those two things happen. And what's worse, that happens on two-lane roads even more often than freeways.

If I'm passing you... DO NOT SPEED UP.

If you suddenly realize you've slowed down, or aren't going the speed you wanted to go... let me pass first and keep up with me.

Conversely... If you pass me... DO NOT SLOW DOWN SLOWER THAN I WAS GOING.

I don't know how often those two things happen. And what's worse, that happens on two-lane roads even more often than freeways.
This was always my biggest issue with driving. There are scared drivers who camp out in the passing lane because they do not like people merging from onramps or being sandwiched in the middle lane. They disrupt the flow of traffic. Then there are the extremely prideful who do not like anyone passing them so they speed up. Or, as you said, they pass you and slow down. Special breed right there. It is called the "passing lane" for a reason.

It was my biggest issue until what seems like 75% of drivers are on their phones with 50% of those people texting. Just about every stop light sees less and less cars get through because someone is texting and doesn't realize the light is green. Then there are those that actually text while the car is in motion. Ugh.

Unsure if the new law is being enforced but it sure doesn't seem like it.

The one I've been super annoyed with lately is someone pulled up past the stop sign or white line on the ground when at a light or stop sign. If I have a big vehicle and I'm turning and almost hit you because you're 5-10 feet past the stop sign? Ope.
Add to it the people who are trying to time the light, so they are halfway across the intersection before it turns green.

This was always my biggest issue with driving. There are scared drivers who camp out in the passing lane because they do not like people merging from onramps or being sandwiched in the middle lane. They disrupt the flow of traffic. Then there are the extremely prideful who do not like anyone passing them so they speed up. Or, as you said, they pass you and slow down. Special breed right there. It is called the "passing lane" for a reason.

It was my biggest issue until what seems like 75% of drivers are on their phones with 50% of those people texting. Just about every stop light sees less and less cars get through because someone is texting and doesn't realize the light is green. Then there are those that actually text while the car is in motion. Ugh.

Unsure if the new law is being enforced but it sure doesn't seem like it.
That is how i always classify those drivers.....scared. They get into that lane, drive about the speed limit, and they do not have to change lanes once their whole trip!

We have all texted/interwebs while driving at least once, and it is wrong. I stopped it awhile go to practice what i preach.

Driving is the most dangerous thing most people will ever do.

Think about that.

Driving is the most dangerous thing that most people will ever do in their lives, and pretty much T H E most dangerous things everyone does on a routine basis.

WHY distract yourself to be on your phone? Everything can change in a second. One. Single. Second.

We have a lot of triggered left turn lights. Amazing how many stop so far behind or past the line that the light does not trip.

Also, with a regular green light some sit so far back and need 1/2 mile clearance to turn left. They just wait until the next green arrow when multiple cars could have turned if they just found the gas pedal.