2024 Massillon Tigers

I see what you did there...
1713050866504.gif

Well, for whatever the reason that Hoban, Moe, Ed, etc, have 4-5 oos teams on their schedule, prolly applies to Massillon now too. Call it whatever you want.
We can agree to disagree ( those teams have 3 oos games each) Are we assuming they wont play us because of the past? The reason I say that is because I have a few friends from Lake and Perry (and yes I know its just fans) but they would love to have home and home games against us. I t would be good for all involved.

y be interesting
This is so interesting to me. I'm reading that Ohio teams aren't afraid of us and we're not a national team. Last year was the first time I've watched the tigers win the championship and this is the first year where I've seen half of the schedule be out of state teams. Why can't we get Ohio teams on the schedule if teams aren't scared of us??? If half of the teams on the schedule are not from Ohio wouldn't that make it a national schedule??? If you have a national schedule wouldn't that make you a national team???
That is a great question that we should ask ALL teams from Ohio. Are you afraid to play us or is it another reason? Might be interesting what we get back. But I'm sure alot of you guys are right and they will say they are afraid to play us. Smaller, travel distance, no return game, or that they will play us in the playoffs will not be the answer.

You have to remember we are an independent. A lot of these teams are in a league they're only open dates are weeks one through three normally, some maybe have a week nine open. So we will always struggle with weeks four through eight to get teams to play us because of League affiliations.

You have to remember we are an independent. A lot of these teams are in a league they're only open dates are weeks one through three normally, some maybe have a week nine open. So we will always struggle with weeks four through eight to get teams to play us because of League affiliations.
Here's a question since its the off season... Do any of you feel like Massillon will ever join a league..Lets say in the next 5 years. I've always wondered what the "hometown crowd" really feels about this.. Obviously there's pros and cons, lots of them and I know it would have to be the right fit but generally speaking..I'd be curious what you fellas think

Here's a question since its the off season... Do any of you feel like Massillon will ever join a league..Lets say in the next 5 years. I've always wondered what the "hometown crowd" really feels about this.. Obviously there's pros and cons, lots of them and I know it would have to be the right fit but generally speaking..I'd be curious what you fellas think

Not opposed to the idea of it just not feasible. Obviously not FL, and wouldn’t be as geographical as most, and some would have to leave the league they’re already in.

We can agree to disagree ( those teams have 3 oos games each) Are we assuming they wont play us because of the past? The reason I say that is because I have a few friends from Lake and Perry (and yes I know its just fans) but they would love to have home and home games against us. I t would be good for all involved.
Those teams have 4 oos games each, not 3. Plus, if those teams really want to play the Tigers in the regular season, they would. However, they won’t, why?🤷🏻‍♂️

Who knows if it was up to fans, guess they should take that up with their administrators.

It would have to be a newly formed league. I just don't see any local teams that would benefit Massillon on a yearly basis. I mean, and there are other factors as well, but look at mckinleys demise after joining the Fed. I'm not sure it would be cost effective to establish a meaningful league. Purely hypothetically, Warren, McKinley, Mayfield, Perrysburg, Hudson? Maybe Medina Highland ? I don't know, would you want to add a Hoban or Walsh Jesuit? I like being an independent but every year we play hell trying to put our schedual together.

It would have to be a newly formed league. I just don't see any local teams that would benefit Massillon on a yearly basis. I mean, and there are other factors as well, but look at mckinleys demise after joining the Fed. I'm not sure it would be cost effective to establish a meaningful league. Purely hypothetically, Warren, McKinley, Mayfield, Perrysburg, Hudson? Maybe Medina Highland ? I don't know, would you want to add a Hoban or Walsh Jesuit? I like being an independent but every year we play hell trying to put our schedual together.
yeah that’s why i threw the question out there it appears to me we might be doing this scheduling thing every year … maybe not but it sure seems like we might

The suburban league has a couple interesting teams.. Its a split division.. but wadsworth, hudson, nordonia (in the national division) and medina highland (in the american division) are always pretty decent. It also has twinsburg, stow and solon which I know are all up or down any given year.. The weird thing is it also has brecksville and north royalton which seems a little odd.. again those two are up and down....wouldnt mind seeing a 6 team league of Massillon, wadsworth, hudson, nordonia, highland and maybe solon or twinsburg then play Mck and warren harding.. that would still give us 3 games to "play up" maybe ed's and two other powerhouse teams, they could even have those 2 be OOS.. Of course I know it wont happen, like someone mentioned someone either has to leave a league or a new one needs to be formed.. I would rather be in a 6 team league.. sorry im bored. I always like being an independant and maybe this year is a weird year...

The natural base of a league would be Massillon, Warren and Mckinley. Fitch would make sense, but they just dropped us. Looking to the south of Stark county you have to reach all the way into Cincinnati to find schools that could compete on an annual basis. North you have more options like Hudson, Wadsworth, Medina and Mentor for schools that consistently have decent to above average teams. So there you have it.
Massillon
Mckinley
Warren
Fitch
Hudson
Wadsworth
Medina
Mentor
8 team league. Travel would not be horrible, most of these schools are within 1 hour, minus Mentor they are the outlier. All have good fan support accept for Mckinley. So we could leave them to finish their slow death in the Fed and just kick them around week 10 like normal.

So a 7 team league with 3 open dates.

The natural base of a league would be Massillon, Warren and Mckinley. Fitch would make sense, but they just dropped us. Looking to the south of Stark county you have to reach all the way into Cincinnati to find schools that could compete on an annual basis. North you have more options like Hudson, Wadsworth, Medina and Mentor for schools that consistently have decent to above average teams. So there you have it.
Massillon
Mckinley
Warren
Fitch
Hudson
Wadsworth
Medina
Mentor
8 team league. Travel would not be horrible, most of these schools are within 1 hour, minus Mentor they are the outlier. All have good fan support accept for Mckinley. So we could leave them to finish their slow death in the Fed and just kick them around week 10 like normal.

Mentor is 5 minutes from me..LOL.. As much fun as it is to play an OOS opponent once or twice a year.. I really like the idea of some closer "rival" type match ups every year.. Hudson and wadsworth and Highland have been good for awhile.. Have to always include Warren, just too much history and they will be better soon.. Fitch was always fun, I'm dissapointed they took their ball and went home

Massillon
Mckinley
Warren
Fitch
Hudson
Wadsworth
Medina
Mentor

Actually, I think a league like this would be pretty competitive. This would give each school 3 out of conference games.

This seems backwards in the chain of evolution
Some fans fan differently
Not a problem for me I just think dropping out of state teams and not caring about national rank is counterintuitive
As I’ve said before to each their own
As long as we are all yelling TIG at games we serve the same purpose

This seems backwards in the chain of evolution
Some fans fan differently
Not a problem for me I just think dropping out of state teams and not caring about national rank is counterintuitive

I can't fathom being < than 100% satisfied with a State Championship, no matter the record or national rank.

But do not worry oos teams are here to stay.

Only Tiger football I got to worry about today is U12 Futbol ⚽
😂 I got Obie gear for every sport
Wish em luck this may be a tough one
IMG_9358.jpeg

Quick question for the Massillon fans who think Warren will be better and back to where they were, why? What makes you think Harding will be back?

Those teams have 4 oos games each, not 3. Plus, if those teams really want to play the Tigers in the regular season, they would. However, they won’t, why?🤷🏻‍♂️
I am guessing the same reason we don't go out and get Hoban, we probably will play them in the playoffs.

Who knows if it was up to fans, guess they should take that up with their administrators.
Well unlike most on here they nor I are in the know with the administrators, so all we can do is question. About 4 years ago I did ask the question at a booster club meeting and everyone blew it off so I tried but got no where. Soooooo we sit we wait we attend the games that get scheduled and yell T I G like the slugs those in charge think we are!!!!