Suburban League American COY/POY?

That is certifiable! Hazard sat at 19-4 and 12-2 in the league. No one was within reach of his accomplishments. No less than mortifying! I sympathize with the fact that Holley did not win POY as his game is uncouth and underdeveloped. Nonetheless he was the best player on the best team. I would hope the admins in the league and for the schools will delve into this fraudulent decision. Nefarious actions such as these should be reprimanded. I leave you with one final inquiry, what more could Hazard have done to win COY?

Cody Calhoun (Aurora) was the coach of the year. Apparently the Suburban League coaches didn't like Hazard's "influx of talent". Not much of a coaching job when you bring three APS kids in to turn around an 0-23 team to league champs in just one year. :unsure:

Cody Calhoun (Aurora) was the coach of the year. Apparently the Suburban League coaches didn't like Hazard's "influx of talent". Not much of a coaching job when you bring three APS kids in to turn around an 0-23 team to league champs in just one year. :unsure:
Those APS transfers were so-so at best, not impressive by any stretch of the imagination. Winning 19 of 23 was an incomprehensible feat. Neither Cody nor any of the SL coaches would have achieved 19 wins.

Last edited: