Total Solar Eclipse 2024

Not in the totality zone but 25 miles east of Cincy. It was still suppose to be 99.4% totality but it barely got dark. It did get cooler and slight breeze for about 30 seconds. I’ll take the word of you guys that being in the totality zone was awesome.

1712610232002.png

Almost new in box. Only worn for three minutes and twenty seven seconds.

I was greatly disappointed. I live a little more than 25 miles east of Dayton and right when we were going to get complete coverage a cloud cover it and by the time the cloud left we were in sun again. Did get pretty dark all the solar yard lights came on and my low voltage yard lights came on, think the clouds help make it darker. I was doing yard work while waiting and for a just the few minutes it was too dark to do work.

I was greatly disappointed. I live a little more than 25 miles east of Dayton and right when we were going to get complete coverage a cloud cover it and by the time the cloud left we were in sun again. Did get pretty dark all the solar yard lights came on and my low voltage yard lights came on, think the clouds help make it darker. I was doing yard work while waiting and for a just the few minutes it was too dark to do work.
That’s truly a bummer. It was very cloudy where I am right now and was so during the eclipse. But we got lucky that the clouds parted for the majority of partial eclipse and the entirety of the totality.

I ended up in Union City, OH/IN. I was scouting out places that were right on the center line with minimal cloud cover, and ended up there. It was perfect. The eclipse was incredibly cool and well worth the five hour round trip drive. It was also neat seeing people from all over North America packed into a random small town, which I'm sure has never had this many outside visitors in its 175 year history. A genuine once in a lifetime experience.

After all the hype, I must say that was absolutely amazing. I’ve looked at photos but nothing compares to seeing it in person. Very cool my kids and I were speechless.
Being there in person, feeling the temperature drop quickly after the sky darkened, and then looking up to see the white rings around the moon while the crowd gasped and cheered was just incredible.

A couple of observations that were not mentioned.
The wind died down just before and during totality, much like it often does at sunset.
Approaching totality looked like a dark storm coming in.
When in the center of totality it looked like a sunrise/ sunset in every direction.
99% totality is 100% differant than full totality.