2024 Massillon Tigers

Verified; head coach was the reason.
Maybe he had a reason to stay there 🤷‍♂️
If the family and kids do what’s best for them I don’t really mind
Then not being my family if it’s not the best I don’t mind either if it’s not causing harm to them or others
No bribes no money no ill will Im good with it

ok, I assumed the perry kids would have gone to washington and not a canton school, so thats interesting...I'm bad with geography.. so the tuslaw kids, someone told me those kids would have gone to Washinton and the rest maybe canal fulton northwest?
A majority of Tuslaw went to Massillon before T opened. A lot of kids that want to play football move over the border nowadays as they get older.

“By 1875, Perry Township operated seven one-room schools. The centerpiece of Perry’s history is its 1893 Genoa School at 539 Genoa Road SW. The school is one of the last to be used in Stark County, according to members of the Perry History Club, which formed eight years ago to save and restore the building.”

“The school is unusual in that it’s one of the few in Ohio located on a campus that’s still used. The current Genoa School, built in 1929, is located just a few feet north of the one-room original.”

“Self said that because the school was being utilized until 1954, several members of the club attended classes there when it was used as an annex”

Some info in here about Perry local schools

A majority of Tuslaw went to Massillon before T opened. A lot of kids that want to play football move over the border nowadays as they get older.
Ok, that's what I thought, so at one time Washington had most of the kids from Tuslaw and at least some from Perry is the way it sounds.. thanks fellas, this is interesting to an "outsider"

I thought maybe fairless too.
Really? that one surprises me since Brewster was in place before Fairless right? My dad was a Brewster guy (mom went Washington) I thought he had once said Brewster just turned into Fairless.. Of course maybe some land was annexed, he wouldn't have known any of those details... They moved us up here to Painesville around 1955

All the Tuslaw kids went to Massillon, as did the kids from Richville, and kids in Perry who lived east of Perry Drive went to Massillon. Brewster/Navarre/Wilmot/Beach City all had their own schools before consolidation into Fairless

I see we got rid of the track. Turf in its place now. If this was mentioned earlier I don’t remember lol.

Last edited:
Umm his family is Perry raised try again! He didn’t move into one of the “LLC” apartments from Copley, Beechwood, Akron, Carrollton, Alliance, Columbus, phew 😅 did I miss any? I’m sure I did. I can’t keep up.
You do know Perry recruits in Wrestling right. My nephew is an assistant coach for the Varsity and my other nephew is a jr high assistant coach. That said they also red shirt. So why don't you focus on "real man sports" and leave the football team alone. For those that think I'm lying, the Bavery brothers are coaches for PHS and PJHS wrestling. Their mother was my big sister

Last edited:
Nike put out the press release on May 15th last year. Is that when we will get official notification? Question for all those that are in the know but are sworn to secrecy. Was looking at flights and some have gone up in the last 7 days. Hotel and rental car are on hold so just need to know about the flights. Thanks for any input.

Sounds like a good excuse for a vacation to me. Just have to make sure you're back by Friday. Lol

Not sure of where they are in the planning stages but man I hope someone comes to their senses. I wasn't a big fan of this when I thought we were playing a "national power" out there but I'm sure I would have gotten used to the idea and maybe even excited as the season drew nearer but this idea of playing a team from Europe or whatever is just silly to me. Would have much rather seen us playing PCC at PBTS or at PCC or even Hershey Park.

Not sure of where they are in the planning stages but man I hope someone comes to their senses. I wasn't a big fan of this when I thought we were playing a "national power" out there but I'm sure I would have gotten used to the idea and maybe even excited as the season drew nearer but this idea of playing a team from Europe or whatever is just silly to me. Would have much rather seen us playing PCC at PBTS or at PCC or even Hershey Park.
Or even Glenville at Bump Taylor Stadium, I joke kinda. But I’m with you, a Canadian team isn’t ideal but understandable, a European team seems like a waste. Good luck this season.

Gotta chase that National Championship!Btw how did St.Eds get Philly St.Joe to come over and play in front of no one?I would think playing at Massillon would be much more big time.

I didn’t think the st Ed’s turn out was bad myself 🤷‍♂️
But I’m glad the tigers are 10th in the nation for maxpreps
And 9th for HSFA
Also glad they won state
So as a good program does and advances forward maybe we can see a top 5 or 3 with a national crown close by
IMG_7560.jpeg