Matchups from years ago that you would want to see again

Defiance vs Bryan. Schools are 20 miles apart, D3 and D4 in an area of the state with very few big/mid sized schools. Rivals in everything else, BIG rivals in baseball. All time football series is extremely close, within 2-3 games max.

Haven't played since 1972 because Defiance-Napoleon is a bigger rivalry and we play a 9 game league schedule.

Coldwater vs Celina. Separated by 8 miles and honestly at this point with the 16 team playoff, there is no reason this game shouldn't be played. Celina leads the series 26-17-1 and hasn't been played since 1991.
It would have been rough the first few years in the 90s for the Cavs, and then it seemed both squads did very well in the mid/late 90s. Coldwater would have dominated the series from 1999-now.

Did these two used to play yearly or somehing?
I think they played 3 or 4 times in a about a 6 year period when Claude Brown (Stark county guy) was the coach at Buchtel. Hoover, Lake and Massillon were regulars on the schedule then.

Akron East vs Akron Garfield in 1968...East won regular season game 14 zip....huge game, Rubber Bowl nearly full. Playoff game played in a quagmire, mud ankle deep and cold pouring rain. It was second game of doubleheader.
Both teams were amped before game. In first series of downs, a fight started on the line. Both teams had All City linemen kicked out of game. Garfield won 12-6, I believe it was 6-6 most of game with Rams scoring late in 4Q. Just a rubber city classic for ages.

I think they played 3 or 4 times in a about a 6 year period when Claude Brown (Stark county guy) was the coach at Buchtel. Hoover, Lake and Massillon were regulars on the schedule then.
I do remember Masilon and Hoover. Maybe I forgot about Lake. That would be a good yearly game.

Akron East vs Akron Garfield in 1968...East won regular season game 14 zip....huge game, Rubber Bowl nearly full. Playoff game played in a quagmire, mud ankle deep and cold pouring rain. It was second game of doubleheader.
Both teams were amped before game. In first series of downs, a fight started on the line. Both teams had All City linemen kicked out of game. Garfield won 12-6, I believe it was 6-6 most of game with Rams scoring late in 4Q. Just a rubber city classic for ages.
The Rubber Bowl.

The best football venue I have ever been too.

Wish it was still around somehow.

It would have been rough the first few years in the 90s for the Cavs, and then it seemed both squads did very well in the mid/late 90s. Coldwater would have dominated the series from 1999-now.
CW was a dumpster fire from 88-91, and then the series ended as it hurt Celina to beat up on a bad small school team.
95 is when the new era of CW football began and the Cavs would have dominated the W L from 95- 2023.

However, The Dawgs are on their way up and CW is on their downward trend so I expect Celina to overtake CW soon.

BTW..no better place to play or watch a game than Celina Stadium.....and The Fieldhouse.

How would Benedictine stack up against Glenville today?
Nordonia needs to replace Berea-Midpark with an SL crossover to bring back memories of the old Metro League

CW was a dumpster fire from 88-91, and then the series ended as it hurt Celina to beat up on a bad small school team.
95 is when the new era of CW football began and the Cavs would have dominated the W L from 95- 2023.

However, The Dawgs are on their way up and CW is on their downward trend so I expect Celina to overtake CW soon.

BTW..no better place to play or watch a game than Celina Stadium.....and The Fieldhouse.
94, 95, and 98 would have been insane to watch those schools play. But Celina would have not made the playoffs by beating Coldwater or losing to them.