2024 Massillon Tigers

If they played the national IMG team it wasn’t last year or at least wasn’t in a real game because they went 10-0
2023 was img white I believe
they seem to have played all the img flavors at one point white, blue, strawberry blowpop 😂
Im still looking them up so info is getting mixed up
I don’t want to say much now cause I’m sure I’ll get info wrong
Regardless the team looks solid

Yeah I’m confused
they played one of the img teams just depends on who wrote the article
Img has the white and blue
What I’ve read white being a state based team and blue being national
And maxpreps has about 8 IMGs
And on imgs site itself they have both blue and white playing them the same day
but some articles I’ve read said white was the team they played and the rematch would be blue
But there’s also video of a game dated 2022 as well so idk
I’m not going to stress about it to much though until there’s confirmation
Who knows I may be absolutely wrong about playing them
I just can’t imagine we are all hearing the same rumors from many different sources and it being any other team
they check all the boxes

Attachments

• IMG_9297.png
    IMG_9297.png
    420 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9296.png
    IMG_9296.png
    407.8 KB · Views: 42
Question... Does the prolonged delay have to do with the OHSAA granting Massillon permission to travel to Oregon... OR are they trying to decide if a (potential) win over a school like "NFL Academy" would count regarding Harbins? If I'm not mistaken, the OHSAA doesn't acknowledge games vs. IMG, so would that be the case against an international All-Star team? The OHSAA already stopped acknowledging Canadian teams. With that being the case, why would they count games vs. a Europeon team?

Massillon traveling cross country shouldn't be an issue as long as it's a one-time thing for the whole school for the year.

They have regular teams and then a national team that is what we all refer to when we are talking about IMG
This is what img says about their program
But just trying to figure who played who when is the confusing part
I’m telling 4 articles say four different things and none of its on maxpreps 🤷‍♂️
But nfl academy seems strong what the info you get from the surface

“NATIONAL​

IMG Academy’s National Team takes on an incredibly competitive schedule against some of the nation’s most elite programs. Players will arrive in July to begin their pre-season training camp, compete in 10+ games in the Fall, train and develop during the Winter off-season, and continue to train in the Spring before the Spring Practice Game. This team is comprised of some of the nation’s top collegiate recruits as well as those with aspirations to compete in the NFL.

VARSITY​

IMG Academy has two varsity teams (Blue and White) consisting of student-athletes who train with IMG Academy’s expert, varsity coaching staff. IMG Academy Varsity White team competes against the top 250 ranked teams by MaxPreps in the state of Florida, while also traveling out of state along with international travel for competition. This team has been ranked as a top 50 team in Florida on MaxPreps as well. IMG Academy Varsity Blue competes against the bottom 250 ranked teams by MaxPreps in the state of Florida. All varsity student-athletes have an opportunity to develop alongside other players of similar skill levels while working towards achieving their peak potential in an unrivaled environment. The total varsity program operates with around 90 to 100 athletes each year. The varsity program places athletes at all levels of college football, over the last 4 years the IMG Academy Varsity Program has placed 87 players in college.”

Question... Does the prolonged delay have to do with the OHSAA granting Massillon permission to travel to Oregon... OR are they trying to decide if a (potential) win over a school like "NFL Academy" would count regarding Harbins? If I'm not mistaken, the OHSAA doesn't acknowledge games vs. IMG, so would that be the case against an international All-Star team? The OHSAA already stopped acknowledging Canadian teams. With that being the case, why would they count games vs. a Europeon team?

Massillon traveling cross country shouldn't be an issue as long as it's a one-time thing for the whole school for the year.
the Harbins got me nervous
Playing two teams that may not be recognized
I know the Tiger fans lol
We never expect to lose as good fans should but what happens if we get upset
I don’t think Glen Oak will do it but what if Harding has our number this year
Or if all 85 players from Houston going to canton somehow snatch the bell this season
What happens then?

the commentator had me laughing
They beat up on Erasmus Hall pretty good 35-0
Erasmus ended up winning their division last season think someone said a few years in a row but don’t quote me on that
They’re first in their division
14 in New York so not horrible

On the OSHAA it says cleve hts is open week 1 too.. But II'm beginning to think they dont update.. It says Upper Arlington is open and I dont think they are anymore

It is too conducive right now to effectively boycott powerhouses and OHSAA needs to ease up on the rules, lest they enable it. The St. Eds Massillons Hobans of the world have no other recourse to fill a schedule and it would be a crime to disqualify them and reward the blockers.

I think we tried and are trying but PCC dropped out and maybe no other choice(s). As a fan I'd be willing to go on the road vs. any OH team no matter their record and offer them a big pay day but fans don't make contracts.
Yes, Massillon, StEds and Hoban to name 3 do have a difficult time playing, many Ohio teams and area teams due to not being in a league and being so good every year. I noticed there are 3 or 4 Indiana schools who StEds, Moeller, Elder and St X play a lot that Massillon may try and schedule. They are very good to some years nationally ranked teams Indianapolis Ben Davis,Center Grove, Indianapolis Cathedral, Warren Central. Matter of fact Ben Davis walloped Moeller last year 49 to 28 opening game.

It is too conducive right now to effectively boycott powerhouses and OHSAA needs to ease up on the rules, lest they enable it. The St. Eds Massillons Hobans of the world have no other recourse to fill a schedule and it would be a crime to disqualify them and reward the blockers.

Agreed, but i don’t think that it’s about “boycotting powerhouses” per se. I think that it’s more of the OHSAA’s effort to encourage involvement with OOS schools that are official members of the associations of other states.

At least that tries to make it make sense. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I think we tried and are trying but PCC dropped out and maybe no other choice(s). As a fan I'd be willing to go on the road vs. any OH team no matter their record and offer them a big pay day but fans don't make contracts.
We have a plan B; two teams with no opener willing to play us.