Pat Kelsey

Hope he can find a way to get his son to Elder. Think he’s only a few yrs away.

I get why Louisville fans are upset when a week ago, they thought they were getting Scott Drew or Nate Oats. However, the rumor earlier this am was nepo baby Richard Pitino was the front runner and Kelsey is a far better coach than him. And that’s not me being an Elder homer, his winning % over his career is like 15% higher than Pitino.

If I recall he transferred from RB to E his Sr year to fill PG position..........State champs?
Correct. However, at this point, I think it’s fair to say he identifies more with Elder than RB. His younger brother went to Elder before being a stud at NKU. I believe one of his nephews (Cluxton) was a solid bball player at Elder a few yrs back and the Guidugli that’s currently at Elder, is also his nephew.

I get why Louisville fans are upset when a week ago, they thought they were getting Scott Drew or Nate Oats. However, the rumor earlier this am was nepo baby Richard Pitino was the front runner and Kelsey is a far better coach than him. And that’s not me being an Elder homer, his winning % over his career is like 15% higher than Pitino.
Why would either of those guys leave their current jobs for the dumpster fire that is Louisville? Both of those programs are probably top 10 programs over the past decade and Alabama’s gotta decent shot at making a deep run

Why would either of those guys leave their current jobs for the dumpster fire that is Louisville? Both of those programs are probably top 10 programs over the past decade and Alabama’s gotta decent shot at making a deep run
One reason and one reason only: $$$

They’d get their payday and probably be fired within 3 seasons. Hope Kelsey succeeds, but he’s facing quite the uphill battle
I think he’ll do well, he’s a culture guy and that program needs a complete overhaul. Year 1 will be ugly, but I think by year 3 he has them on stable footing and in the tournament.

I think he’ll do well, he’s a culture guy and that program needs a complete overhaul. Year 1 will be ugly, but I think by year 3 he has them on stable footing and in the tournament.
I hope you’re right. Basketball in the area is a lot better when Louisville, XU, UC and IU are all competitive. That’s not even including NKU being a pretty consistent competitive mid-major

I hope you’re right. Basketball in the area is a lot better when Louisville, XU, UC and IU are all competitive. That’s not even including NKU being a pretty consistent competitive mid-major
One big factor that’s totally out of his control, is the possible end of the ACC. I would think Louisville is a big enough brand athletically to get invited into the B10 or SEC, but it’s not a guarantee.

Yeah, because Academic prestige really matters for realignment. That’s why Stanford ended up in the same conference as Florida St.
It does. It’s low on the totem pole but it’s a factor. Besides, what other option did Stanford have? There’s no money for them in going independent.

Texas got into the SEC. Obviously, Texas is a much bigger brand, but UK doesn’t have as much pull as A&M.
Louisville doesn’t have near the alumni network, fan base, TV market share nor national appeal of Texas. Not even close to an apples to apples comparison.

Just my opinion, I don't see UL having the gravitas to get into the B10 or the SEC.
They have a Blue Blood Bball program, an occasionally pretty good Football program, and a really solid Baseball program that’s been to Omaha in the recent past.

They’re well rounded athletically, but their school size is a good bit smaller (23 K) than the avg B10 & SEC school.