2024 Federal League

Perry Sophomore LB/FB Conner Sheppard did 315lb Hang Clean yesterday with the Panthers lift a thon coming soon. I will be interested how many others do.

Update on Lake's schedule for 2024....week 1 we are playing McKeesport Pa at Woodland Hills High School in east Pittsburgh. We are part of a football showcase....2 games will be played Friday, 3 games on Sat...us being the first game at 5 pm. Then week 6 we have Cleveland JFK at home. Now working on game 1 and 3 for 2025

Woodland Hills Stadium is pictured below

Last edited:
3 hours away on a Friday at 5 pm? Brilliant.
First.....70 schools turned us down....two McKeesport is a very good team....three if you schedule to play that way 5 pm misses the bulk of the traffic....four if you are so "Brilliant" using your terminology, you would play 9 games, five...... last game that traveled that far 2021.

First.....70 schools turned us down....two McKeesport is a very good team....three if you schedule to play that way 5 pm misses the bulk of the traffic....four if you are so "Brilliant" using your terminology, you would play 9 games, five...... last game that traveled that far 2021.
I like this game. I also applaud the Streaks for stepping out of the "typical Stark County comfort zone". Good luck Lake!

70 schools turned you down….😂 ohio schools afraid to play lake 😂 rock em
Yes...actual count was 66....next year working on week 1 and week 3....Brecksville did not renew for week 3....here is part of the issue...Preliminary Boys Enrollment for 2024-2025....adjustments to be made for CB

McKinley 893
GlenOak 752
Jackson 701
Perry 530
Hoover 521
Green 500
Lake 404.......1991 that number was 519

Currently on the schedule

Boardman 464
JFK TBD

3 schools that dropped us

Alliance 332
Brecksville 456
Louisville 370

Schools we have played and said no

Dover 353
Wooster 409
Copley 312
Ashland 420
Maple Hts 342

New Philly 372...has said no to us since they got out of the Fed

Also understand this is not a 3 month project....it is continuous do to schedules that have been done two years in advance and the Fed having the rotating week every 4 years

Last edited:
Update on Lake's schedule for 2024....week 1 we are playing McKeesport Pa at Woodland Hills High School in east Pittsburgh. We are part of a football showcase....2 games will be played Friday, 3 games on Sat...us being the first game at 5 pm. Then week 6 we have Cleveland JFK at home. Now working on game 1 and 3 for 2025

Woodland Hills Stadium is pictured below

The Wolvarena really is one of the most unique stadiums around. It may not be the most tricked out, it's certainly not in the best area, parking sucks if you not early. But it is a nice old school stadium that I'm sure visitor's will enjoy.

The Wolvarena really is one of the most unique stadiums around. It may not be the most tricked out, it's certainly not in the best area, parking sucks if you not early. But it is a nice old school stadium that I'm sure visitor's will enjoy.
It does look unique...parking looks tight...but we are first and will be early...when you mean not best area...do you mean the neighborhood or just do to the somewhat difficulty getting to it?

It does look unique...parking looks tight...but we are first and will be early...when you mean not best area...do you mean the neighborhood or just do to the somewhat difficulty getting to it?
Neighborhood. It sits by itself not around much so that helps, but the neighborhood around it is not great. But gameday is usually heavily policed and there are no issues. I went to a few games at night and never felt threatened near the stadium, but I would not want to be walking in the area away from the stadium area. PM me for more information. I can give you dinner ideas and stuff.

East Akron, East Cleveland, East St. Louis. East LA, East Pittsburgh…..color me surprised.

The Federal League teams (7 teams) have a combined 55 OHSAA Team State Championships in 14 sports.
5 of the 7 teams have OHSAA team titles in 3 or more different sports. This is of course led by Canton McKinley with 27 OHSAA titles in 8 sports followed by North Canton Hoover with 11 titles in 4 sports. Jackson, Glen Oak, and Perry each have 5 OHSAA Team State Championships.
Even the other 2 schools have had very recent success in other sports. Green of course was in the Final 4 in Football in 2021. Lake had the individual state champion in Boys Cross Country in 2020 and the 3200M in 2021 in Nathan Moore.
One other thing worth mentioning is that all the Federal League teams have won OHSAA Team State Championships in D1/AAA.

The Federal League teams (7 teams) have a combined 55 OHSAA Team State Championships in 14 sports.
5 of the 7 teams have OHSAA team titles in 3 or more different sports. This is of course led by Canton McKinley with 27 OHSAA titles in 8 sports followed by North Canton Hoover with 11 titles in 4 sports. Jackson, Glen Oak, and Perry each have 5 OHSAA Team State Championships.
Even the other 2 schools have had very recent success in other sports. Green of course was in the Final 4 in Football in 2021. Lake had the individual state champion in Boys Cross Country in 2020 and the 3200M in 2021 in Nathan Moore.
One other thing worth mentioning is that all the Federal League teams have won OHSAA Team State Championships in D1/AAA.
This post does absolutely nothing to disprove the post that started this whole back and forth.

Striker said that. "The fed is respectable in many sports, but football has rarely been one of them."

Furthermore, those championships that McKinley won are impressive, what's even more impressive is your attempt to make it look like they happened during their federal league days.

This post does absolutely nothing to disprove the post that started this whole back and forth.

Striker said that. "The fed is respectable in many sports, but football has rarely been one of them."

Furthermore, those championships that McKinley won are impressive, what's even more impressive is your attempt to make it look like they happened during their federal league days.
I wasn't trying to disprove Striker's post from 3 weeks ago at all.
My point is that Federal League teams have many team state championships in many different sports. NOT a one trick pony.

Last edited:
I’m curious, how does those 55 state titles compare to other leagues?

I’m curious, how does those 55 state titles compare to other leagues?
that got me wondering too
Although I haven’t found titles per league I have found that st Ed’s alone has 64 and st x has 61
But all in all these are unfair comparisons when your taking in account all sports
Most schools don’t have lacrosse or rowing teams