2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

You actually have no idea how good or bad he is. You've only seen him play in the worst offensive scheme the league has seen in a very long time. The fact you think you know just tells us you are indeed a moron.

You actually have no idea how good or bad he is. You've only seen him play in the worst offensive scheme the league has seen in a very long time. The fact you think you know just tells us you are indeed a moron.
Pro tip. If you want to respond to a person's post and call them a name, you can just click that little button that says "<- Reply". Seems like a mod should have figured that out after 42,000+ posts, but whatever. Glad to help.

I do.
He ain't taking anyone to the promised land the sooner the Steelers move on, the sooner they can find their qb
Great QB's and great HC's are very hard to find it is why the same teams basically contend for the SB every year. Personally, I think a team is better off building a team like the 49ers or ravens - defense and hope you catch lighting in the bottle like the Rams (another good defensive team at least that year) did. So many teams (browns good ex.) keep drafting 1st rd. bust or mortgage the future (browns again) and just keep repeating the same cycle over and over (definition of groundhog's day).

Great QB's and great HC's are very hard to find it is why the same teams basically contend for the SB every year. Personally, I think a team is better off building a team like the 49ers or ravens - defense and hope you catch lighting in the bottle like the Rams (another good defensive team at least that year) did. So many teams (browns good ex.) keep drafting 1st rd. bust or mortgage the future (browns again) and just keep repeating the same cycle over and over (definition of groundhog's day).
Fact is, likely best to roll with KP, trade Watt, and bottom out and go full on rebuild becauset MT has been doing too good of a job and keeps saving the ship from sinking.

but I understand the thinking......been a .500+ team without good QB play since 2018, and the only chance to give it one last hoorah was to pick up a QB to elevate the offense.

Is RW the guy? Probably not, but much better chance that KP or probably anyone else they could pick up, plus 1.2 million?

At least they are trying

i think we have enough of a sample, be it with or without Canada (although a very small sample WITHOUT Canada, i think) to see that Kenny Pickett probably ISN'T going to be "the dude". can he improve? certainly. but we've seen enough to know he's not "the future/long term answer". looks to be what a solid backup QB in the league for his career would be.

i think we have enough of a sample, be it with or without Canada (although a very small sample WITHOUT Canada, i think) to see that Kenny Pickett probably ISN'T going to be "the dude". can he improve? certainly. but we've seen enough to know he's not "the future/long term answer". looks to be what a solid backup QB in the league for his career would be.

No we do not have a large enough sample. Without Canada is all that matters and he has a total of 6 quarters in which he looked immediately better.

Pro tip. If you want to respond to a person's post and call them a name, you can just click that little button that says "<- Reply". Seems like a mod should have figured that out after 42,000+ posts, but whatever. Glad to help.

Oh yeah I have never used the quote button before. You got me. Idiot.

Of course, it's always the idiots who think Tomlin does a good job or somehow wins with sub-par talent, despite the fact he hasn't won anything at all in well over a decade with heaps of talent at his disposal. He does nothing to help the team in terms of preparation and scheme. At some point all these people are going to have to reckon with the fact Bradshaw was right.

The Queen signing solidifies the LB position for the Steelers. The cap #’s for Queen:
* 2024 $6.1 mil
* 2025 $17.6 mil, $9.9 mil cap savings if cut
* 2026 $17.2 mil, $13.3 cap savings if cut

The punter Johnson the Steelers signed will cost $2.1 mil against the 2024 cap. Steelers definitely needed a new punter.

Steelers still have $17.8 mil in 2024 cap space. Need a cb, center and safety.

Last edited:
Steelers trade Diontae Johnson to Carolina . There’s your CB Donte Jackson, 2nd round pick 5 years ago from LSU.
Also get a 6th pick for Steeler 7th pick. I don’t know anything about Jackson. Looks like the Steelers probably grab a WR in the first 3 rounds. I assume they have a plan.

Last edited:
Depends if they move DJ. They could probably get a second for him. That would change their approach a little bit.

Smith’s scheme demands more blocking from the WRs so I wouldn’t be shocked if they go for a big bodied possession type. Makes you wonder why they didn’t bring in Hines Ward to be a receivers coach.

Johnson fetched the 2023 PFF 63rd rated cb Donte Jackson (same as Steelers rookie Joey Porter) and a swap of a 6th rd pick for a 5th rd pick. The cap #’s for Johnson & Jackson were similar which I’d guess helped each team agree to the trade. Unless Jackson (age 29) comes in and plays great it appears this will be a one year rental as he will be a free agent after the 2024 season.

Not near a 2nd round pick return for Johnson but this trade fills the cb need. Unfortunately the Steelers now need a starting caliber wr but they have proven they can draft & develop that position.

Some Steeler Nation chat boards are saying the Steelers should be looking at Tyler Boyd to fill the slot receiver role. Of course he’s a hometown guy but the Steelers could do worse. What do you think?

Jackson is a pretty close to a 2nd round pick value considering that's where the Steelers drafted Porter.

Steelers OT’s Broderick Jones & Dan Moore Jr were ranked by PFF as the 62nd & 63rd best tackles in 2023. Based on your analogy above sounds like the Steelers either:
A) over drafted Jones w/ a 1st round pick and should have taken a OT in the 4th rd like they did with Moore
OR
B) Moore’s play in 2023 was equivalent to a 1st rd draft pick

Both are incorrect and your assessment the Steelers got a 2nd rd compensation for wr Johnson is way off as well.

Steelers OT’s Broderick Jones & Dan Moore Jr were ranked by PFF as the 62nd & 63rd best tackles in 2023. Based on your analogy above sounds like the Steelers either:
A) over drafted Jones w/ a 1st round pick and should have taken a OT in the 4th rd like they did with Moore
OR
B) Moore’s play in 2023 was equivalent to a 1st rd draft pick

Both are incorrect and your assessment the Steelers got a 2nd rd compensation for wr Johnson is way off as well.

we all need to stop referencing the PFF rankings/grades. the grades are a flawed system that might work for some positions but really aren't great for OLine because they have zero clue what assignment that guy had, what was said/not said at the line of scrimmage, etc. it's a bad system for grading lineman.

Some Steeler Nation chat boards are saying the Steelers should be looking at Tyler Boyd to fill the slot receiver role. Of course he’s a hometown guy but the Steelers could do worse. What do you think?
Boyd would be a fine pickup. i'm guessing we will find a player like him to fill the Diontae/Robinson void and draft a WR or maybe even 2 of them. not sure what the rest of our WR core looks like beyond Pickens and Austin.

They are setting the table to either A. Win and/or B. Get rid of Tomlin.

They are finally doing something to give them the tools to get passed this .500 hump. As stated, QB play has been bad since 2018.

Khan is putting his stamp on the team and doing something we do not usually see in the Burgh and that is go out and get some pieces.

GM's make the moves. Coaches coach. Players play.

If the team fails, they get new players. New players fail, you get new coach. New coaches fail, you get a new GM.

GM is doing his part to get the players. If this does not work then I can see MT on the street.

They are setting the table to either A. Win and/or B. Get rid of Tomlin.

They are finally doing something to give them the tools to get passed this .500 hump. As stated, QB play has been bad since 2018.

Khan is putting his stamp on the team and doing something we do not usually see in the Burgh and that is go out and get some pieces.

GM's make the moves. Coaches coach. Players play.

If the team fails, they get new players. New players fail, you get new coach. New coaches fail, you get a new GM.

GM is doing his part to get the players. If this does not work then I can see MT on the street.
I am very excited to see how Tomlin handles Russ? How they get along and how Russ gets along with his Steeler teammates. I think/hope it will be a great relationship. Hopefully Russ has taken a big does of humble pie and is now motivated to help win games. Wilson creates plays and that is one reason why Payton hated him so much. He didn't stick to the called play i guess. It seems to me that play action can really work with this QB.

I am very excited to see how Tomlin handles Russ? How they get along and how Russ gets along with his Steeler teammates. I think/hope it will be a great relationship. Hopefully Russ has taken a big does of humble pie and is now motivated to help win games. Wilson creates plays and that is one reason why Payton hated him so much. He didn't stick to the called play i guess. It seems to me that play action can really work with this QB.
Never underestimate a man with his back against the wall fighting for his future.
IF there is anything left in RW, we will see it.

I realize he has more money than Davey Crockett and is not 'truly' fighting for his livlihood, but you dont become a professional athlete and not have some fight in you, so as I stated, IF there is anything left in him, we will see it.

Back in the day I was always concerned that the Stillers best offense was when the play broke down and Rapistburger made plays scrambling around the pocket. Just seemed like the initial read/call didnt work and it took his playmaking ability to make the offense run.

Now we should have that again with RW. KP was handstrung, and talentless, and did not have the capital to ad lib like RW should have.

Likely wont be winning a SB with team, but it sure is getting interesting. Just think.....500+ without a QB who could play since 2018...and add it a guy that 'should' have some playmaking ability and giving us enough room with the cap to get other guys.....

future is much, much brighter today than it was 2 weeks ago in the Burg.

and if it all comes crashing down and we bottom out....that is fine too.

Last edited:
Could be worse...we could have been signing a 35yr old coming off an achilles surgery for 180 million.

I bet he couldnt sign that fast enough!

Completely agree, just a horrible deal.

Another horrible deal was the Titans signing wr Calvin Ridley 4 year deal worth $92 million with $50 million fully guaranteed.

Doubt if either player sees the 4th year of the deals.

Seems to be a hard hitting SS. Hopefully frees up Minkah to play his position more naturally as a ballhawk.

I know there's temptation to go after Boyd but I think they'd be better off going under the radar after someone like DJ Chark and drafting a WR. Spend the money on the OL.

Seems to be a hard hitting SS. Hopefully frees up Minkah to play his position more naturally as a ballhawk.

I know there's temptation to go after Boyd but I think they'd be better off going under the radar after someone like DJ Chark and drafting a WR. Spend the money on the OL.
Do you think Boyd would require a fairly big contract? I’ll admit I’m not good at estimating the cost of these FA signings.

Definitely. He's 29. It's probably is last shot at a big contract.
From the Bengal site: 2 year projection ($8.75 million per year), $10.75 million total guaranteed.

That seems like more than the Steelers would want to spend for a 3rd receiver. But it’s not my money.