D7 R25 2024

Kennedy faithful in R25 since the fall.
No One Page GIF
What The Hell Hello GIF by StoryMe

He’ll have a lot of time on his hands soon and the hoops team will comeback to reality next season
The football team should have the opportunity to win a couple more games than they did last season. They have a fairly big senior class, around 14 or so. I have heard of a few more defections to Lakeview and Harding though. Unless they get an influx of kids, football, at least 11 man, might not be played there anymore.

The football team should have the opportunity to win a couple more games than they did last season. They have a fairly big senior class, around 14 or so. I have heard of a few more defections to Lakeview and Harding though. Unless they get an influx of kids, football, at least 11 man, might not be played there anymore.
Warren John F. Kennedy
08/23 A Youngstown Liberty
08/30 A Garrettsville Garfield
09/06 H Leavittsburg LaBrae
09/13 A Grand Valley
09/20 A Alliance Marlington
09/27 A Mogadore
10/04 H Rootstown
10/11 A Louisville St. Thomas Aquinas
10/18 H Cleveland Central Catholic
10/25 N Cleveland Heights Lutheran East

with this schedule, I think they win 4 MAYBE 5 games

with this schedule, I think they win 4 MAYBE 5 games
Warren John F. Kennedy
08/23 A Youngstown Liberty L
08/30 A Garrettsville Garfield L
09/06 H Leavittsburg LaBrae L
09/13 A Grand Valley L
09/20 A Alliance Marlington L
09/27 A Mogadore L
10/04 H Rootstown L
10/11 A Louisville St. Thomas Aquinas W
10/18 H Cleveland Central Catholic L
10/25 N Cleveland Heights Lutheran East L

Warren John F. Kennedy
08/23 A Youngstown Liberty L
08/30 A Garrettsville Garfield L
09/06 H Leavittsburg LaBrae L
09/13 A Grand Valley L
09/20 A Alliance Marlington L
09/27 A Mogadore L
10/04 H Rootstown L
10/11 A Louisville St. Thomas Aquinas W
10/18 H Cleveland Central Catholic L
10/25 N Cleveland Heights Lutheran East L
Grand Valley is bad, they SHOULD be able to win that one. Aquinas is a given. CCC is a toss up. Rootstown will be bringing in a new coach but has tough kids so who knows. Mogadore, Marlington and Garfield are guaranteed losses. Liberty and Labrae are both much improved and will be tough outs. No idea about Lutheran East.
I think 3-4 wins is possible, that's if they don't lose too many starters in the transfer portal, which will likely happen.

Grand Valley is bad, they SHOULD be able to win that one. Aquinas is a given. CCC is a toss up. Rootstown will be bringing in a new coach but has tough kids so who knows. Mogadore, Marlington and Garfield are guaranteed losses. Liberty and Labrae are both much improved and will be tough outs. No idea about Lutheran East.
I think 3-4 wins is possible, that's if they don't lose too many starters in the transfer portal, which will likely happen.
I almost went W with Grand Valley. It could certainly happen for JFK.

Is RH the best boy's HS basketball team in Ohio?

Are they still ranked nationally? It doesn't appear so.
1710336903697.png

Is RH the best boy's HS basketball team in Ohio?

Are they still ranked nationally? It doesn't appear so.
View attachment 55736
It's definitely debatable. They beat both St. Eds and Iggy...lost a tight one to GH...of course all those are D1....I'd say the Final Four in D1 should be Iggy, Olentangy Orange, GH, and Moeller - RH belongs right there with them and would be a coin toss on games with all of those teams

It's definitely debatable. They beat both St. Eds and Iggy...lost a tight one to GH...of course all those are D1....I'd say the Final Four in D1 should be Iggy, Olentangy Orange, GH, and Moeller - RH belongs right there with them and would be a coin toss on games with all of those teams
That's incredible to think about.

RH, that pesky 4 seed.
1. This is EXCELLENT posting
2. All the other D4 coaches in the state should pull a CODE RED (ie - A Few Good Men version) on the coaches that didn't vote RH #1
3. What gets lost on RH being D4 - while they're SUPREMELY athletic, they also play GREAT basketball. I'm not a bball guy, but I enjoy "good" ball and they're a team that I really enjoy getting to watch play (just wish it wasn't against OHSAA D4 schools...)

1. This is EXCELLENT posting
2. All the other D4 coaches in the state should pull a CODE RED (ie - A Few Good Men version) on the coaches that didn't vote RH #1
3. What gets lost on RH being D4 - while they're SUPREMELY athletic, they also play GREAT basketball. I'm not a bball guy, but I enjoy "good" ball and they're a team that I really enjoy getting to watch play (just wish it wasn't against OHSAA D4 schools...)
It was maxpreps crappy rpi formula that put them as a 4 seed

Yeah first year for it - MaxPreps has an RPI formula similar to how they do it with college basetball....strength of schedule, wins/losses, etc are supposed to factor into the rankings now
Not a fan of folks that poo-poo new ideas without doing research on them so I don't want to fall into that myself. THAT SAID, I do find it ironic that Maxpreps (who had an in stadium commercial in every quarter of every State Final football game) is being used to assign seeds.

As for research, did a quick visit to see the top 10 teams in the state as of today (ie Sweet 16 for all 4 divisions). Surprised to NOT see Richmond Hts in the top 10. But they come in at 12. To the credit of the rankings 11 of the 12 teams are still playing. However, kinda nuts that they still show Louisville (lost in Districts) as ranked ahead of OC & RH who are both still playing and likely will be in championship game.

I guess they're not as off as I thought. Still, how the #12 team in the state had a 4 seed in District play . . . that begs some questions.

1710438275465.png

Not a fan of folks that poo-poo new ideas without doing research on them so I don't want to fall into that myself. THAT SAID, I do find it ironic that Maxpreps (who had an in stadium commercial in every quarter of every State Final football game) is being used to assign seeds.

As for research, did a quick visit to see the top 10 teams in the state as of today (ie Sweet 16 for all 4 divisions). Surprised to NOT see Richmond Hts in the top 10. But they come in at 12. To the credit of the rankings 11 of the 12 teams are still playing. However, kinda nuts that they still show Louisville (lost in Districts) as ranked ahead of OC & RH who are both still playing and likely will be in championship game.

I guess they're not as off as I thought. Still, how the #12 team in the state had a 4 seed in District play . . . that begs some questions.

View attachment 55793
#4 seed was overall in D4. They don't do seeding for each district anymore. There was only one 1 seed for each division etc....

Also - Louisville's only 2 regular season losses were to Iggy and Eds, both on the road. Louisville was legit a title contender in D1, their big man Gross sat out the game before against Medina with an ankle sprain, so not sure if that played a role into losing to Glenoak or not. They beat Hoban by 20+, they beat CVCA by 20, they beat Walsh, Mckinley...they beat LUTHERAN EAST....Louisville was definitely without question a top 10 team in the state this year