D7 R25 2024

Its crazy to think about what Hake did there. I think unless you were a WR faithful (maybe not even then) you hated him but he produced. Sad to see that fall apart.
He's is the epitome of the either you hate the guy or loved him. A lot of the kids he played for loved him even though he never missed an opportunity to mother F them. People who coached against him, or interacted with him hated him because the dude could not keep his mouth shut.

He's is the epitome of the either you hate the guy or loved him. A lot of the kids he played for loved him even though he never missed an opportunity to mother F them. People who coached against him, or interacted with him hated him because the dude could not keep his mouth shut.
Made it better when you beat them, worse when you lost.

Hes the reason there is any rivalry between McDonald and Reserve IMO.

Made it better when you beat them, worse when you lost.

Hes the reason there is any rivalry between McDonald and Reserve IMO.
I know for a fact there is a McDonald coach who hates his guts and had to be stopped from going after him one summer at a camp. Think it stemmed more from playing against each other in HS and then just was reignited by hate for the way he acts.
Did Lucas pick a coach yet? whats going on?!
Yes, I have no idea why it has not been made public yet. Makes zero sense to me.

I know for a fact there is a McDonald coach who hates his guts and had to be stopped from going after him one summer at a camp. Think it stemmed more from playing against each other in HS and then just was reignited by hate for the way he acts.

Yes, I have no idea why it has not been made public yet. Makes zero sense to me.
You could make it public...

You could make it public...
Celebrating Fc Barcelona GIF by LLIMOO

We will roll 2 game at a time.

First we have #1 2009 St Paul vs #16 2011 Western Reserve

2009 St Paul-
15-0
13 of the 15 games decided by 20+ points.
Beat an 14-0 Delphos St Johns in the finals 24-21.
45.2 ppg through all 15 games. with 39.4 ppg in the playoffs.
Let up 7.1 ppg through all 15 games, with 11.2 in the playoffs.

VS

2011 Western Reserve
13-1
10 games won by 20+
Lost to Buckeye Central in the Semis 22-21 whom then lost to Marion Local 61-21
37 ppg. to 33 ppg in the playoffs
10.7 ppg allowed. 13.75 in the playoffs.

#8 2022 JFK vs #9 2015 Mogadore

2022 JFK
13-2
8 games won by 20+ points. Difficult schedule
Losses to Mogadore 28-14 and New Breman 38-6 in the Finals. The also played in a bunch of close games.
Average 28.4 ppg and 22.3 in the playoffs
Let up 12.2 ppg and 13.5 in the playoffs.

VS

2015 Mogadore
13-2
12 games won by 20+
Losses to Elyria Catholic 26-18 and Fort Recovery 33-14 in the finals.
37.86 ppg and 35 ppg in the playoffs
let up 12.4 ppg and 16.2 in the playoffs.

Lets discuss and pick! we will leave this first one open until Monday!
'09 NSP by 28. '15 Moggy by a field goal

'09 NSP by 21 (shut out in the first half, Hake walks out of the lockerroom vaping & has to ask crowd for AA batteries by start of 4th quarter)

'15 Moggy by 10. That JFK team was uber talented but also schizophrenic. Moggy was cruising until they hit a Ft Recovery team that was playing to satisfy generations of MAC frustration.
Speaking of Ft. Recovery's struggles in league play, anybody aware of any other team that has won a state championship that has never won their conference championship ?

Speaking of Ft. Recovery's struggles in league play, anybody aware of any other team that has won a state championship that has never won their conference championship ?
That's a great question. Seems almost yearly the 2nd or 3rd place MAC team plays for the title, but for a team that has NEVER won their conference to win the ring is a crazy concept.

That's a great question. Seems almost yearly the 2nd or 3rd place MAC team plays for the title, but for a team that has NEVER won their conference to win the ring is a crazy concept.
One side benefit of the newly expanded playoffs is that more of the lower tier MAC teams get additional chances to play some teams not in their conference, hopefully.

No idea if he was approved at the board meeting or not, but according to the Lucas Board of Education, they chose James P Sweat. He appears to be a longtime assistant and involved in the program for quite awhile. I'm sure dnis can give some insight now that the cat is out of the bag.
https://www.lucascubs.org/Downloads/February 24, Special Board Meeting.pdf?v=0
Jimmy Sweat is indeed the HC. His a long time friend. He was the right guy for the job. A Lucas guy, through and through.

Good deal dnis. How's Lucas looking this season?
I think they'll be competitive. They lost a ton, including QB, both starting RBs and a good chunk of their line.

The schedule is tough again. 2 All-Ohioans do return. Although, I'm sure everyone has returning All-Ohioans,
as they hand out that award like money to Ukraine now-a-days.

Last edited:
I think they'll be competitive. They lost a ton, including QB, both starting RBs and a good chunk of their line.

The schedule is tough again. 2 All-Ohioans do return. Although, I'm sure everyone has returning All-Ohioans, as they hand out that award like money to Ukraine now-a-days.
I assume he'll keep offense the same? This year I felt Lucas got better as season progressed. I assume they'll be at the top again next season.

Thats great for the kids - maybe some new ideas that will be exciting, but same scheme and concepts.
Agreed. We run the same schemes down through pee-wee, so any changes would only add adversity. I'm not
a huge fan of the double-wing, but for now, keeping it as our primary offense, is paramount. Personally, I like
pro sets, the "I" to be exact.

Anyways looks like

#1 2009 ST Paul and #9 2015 Mogadore are moving on to round 2.

Next up we have the other side of the bracket.

#3 2008 Hopewell Loudon VS #14 2013 Western Reserve

2008 Hopewell Loudon
Back when we were region 21 Hopewell was here for a short while. This #3 was hard to pick.
They legit had no threats until they lost the finals to the Mac powerhouse Delphos St Johns
14-1
Averaged 38.3 ppg and 36.4 in the playoffs
Let up 12.9 ppg and 17.8 in the playoffs.
Won the first four playoff games by 27, 30,21, and 35. Before losing 34-14 in the finals. If im not mistaken they liked to throw.

2013 Western Reserve
Hake back at it again with the slighty improved Devils IMO.
13-1
Averaged 30.4 ppg and 26.3 in the playoffs
Let up 13.3 ppg and 15.3 in the playoffs.
This line was brutal, they normally could control the game from both sides. Fell just short in the semis losing 14-10 to Trimble.

#6 2014 St Paul VS #11 2021 JFK

2014 St Paul
13-2
THESE GUYS PUT UP POINTS....until they couldnt and lost 41-0 in the final to Marion Local. Other lose with to D5 Huron 14-7.
Averaged 40.66 (with a 0 and a 7 is impressive) and 32.6 and the playoffs.
Let up 12.33 ppg and 15.2 ppg in the playoffs

2021 JFK
10-3
Lost in the semis to Newark Catholic 14-7.
Averaged 37.2 PPG and 36.2 in the playoffs.
Let up 11.7 PPG and 12.4 in the playoffs.

UPSET? Discuss and vote! We will go to Thursday. Also feel free to give me good info on these guys, that way if they win Ill add it to the breakdown!