Let’s give it up for D1 Southwest District wrestlers

kbiz

I’m a SW fan that goes to state every year rooting on all the wrestlers from the Fairborn District. All year long I closely followed the various rankings and it all looked like one thing: complete doom for SW Ohio wrestlers. I was bracing for a bloodbath.

Besides a surprisingly good first round, we also have a respectable number of Top 8 placers! On average, each district should place 28 wrestlers. After Session 2, SW has clinched 25 spots on the D1 podium. I am more than satisfied with that considering my expectations.

So I just wanted to say congratulations to all the D1 Southwest Ohio placers for making the Podium!

Broxterman (Elder)
Kates (Colerain)
T. Kostoff (Colerain)
Cochran (Miamisburg)
Allen (LaSalle)
Morency (Anderson)
Shawger (St. Xavier)
Cottrell (Princeton)
Huhn (LaSalle)
Busler (Moeller)
Brock (Harrison)
Murphy (Moeller)
Allen (Lakota West)
Harney (Sycamore)
K. Kostoff (Colerain)
Willen (LaSalle)
Thomas (LaSalle)
Alley (Lebanon)
Kowalski (Springboro)
Wooldridge (LaSalle)
Weimer (Springboro)
Adkins (Moeller)
Walker (Edgewood)
Ngoh (Miamisburg)
Stuerenberg (Moeller)

I’m a SW fan that goes to state every year rooting on all the wrestlers from the Fairborn District. All year long I closely followed the various rankings and it all looked like one thing: complete doom for SW Ohio wrestlers. I was bracing for a bloodbath.

Besides a surprisingly good first round, we also have a respectable number of Top 8 placers! On average, each district should place 28 wrestlers. After Session 2, SW has clinched 25 spots on the D1 podium. I am more than satisfied with that considering my expectations.

So I just wanted to say congratulations to all the D1 Southwest Ohio placers for making the Podium!

Broxterman (Elder)
Kates (Colerain)
T. Kostoff (Colerain)
Cochran (Miamisburg)
Allen (LaSalle)
Morency (Anderson)
Shawger (St. Xavier)
Cottrell (Princeton)
Huhn (LaSalle)
Busler (Moeller)
Brock (Harrison)
Murphy (Moeller)
Allen (Lakota West)
Harney (Sycamore)
K. Kostoff (Colerain)
Willen (LaSalle)
Thomas (LaSalle)
Alley (Lebanon)
Kowalski (Springboro)
Wooldridge (LaSalle)
Weimer (Springboro)
Adkins (Moeller)
Walker (Edgewood)
Ngoh (Miamisburg)
Stuerenberg (Moeller)
Congrats, yes. Not many Dayton-area guys on that list though. They seem to be fading.

Let's not forget the women's wrestlers from Southwest Ohio who in many cases look dominant. A great all Southwest final at 170. The Harrison team has done very well. Congratulations to every wrestler from SW!

Let's not forget the women's wrestlers from Southwest Ohio who in many cases look dominant. A great all Southwest final at 170. The Harrison team has done very well. Congratulations to every wrestler from SW!
I didn’t know that any SW girls placed the D1 brackets. If you’re talking about wrestlers outside of D1 Fairmont District, please start your own thread.

The topic only reads D1 SW wrestlers. Nothing wrong with giving the girls some praise here. kbiz also wrote Fairborn District so you guys are all wrong.