DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

ShortFuse

IMG_8268.jpeg

The weigh-in situation was completely unacceptable. The communication from OHSAA was that the scales would be open at 9 until 10:15am. They even noted that you would be able to check weight on the scale your group was assigned to. Did not happen for MANY wrestlers.

Miami East boy was 0.2 over. Done, season over. Because he could not get in the door and check weight with a reasonable amount of time, as promised. By the time he could check it was already 10:15!!! And the officials were PREVENTING kids from even checking. One shot. Hope your scale at home was spot on! And had zero plans to take off that last quarter lb. Very bad OHSAA, not cool.

Every sport, every athlete, family, coach - time, money, sacrifices for all of their loved ones in their journey of sports.

Imagine the response if this was any other sport- having the majority of the participants waiting outside for over a hour on the same day they are competing.

I hate hearing that about the young man who missed weight but the image of all these kids… That’s embarrassing…nice look OHSAA - Imagine if the weather was not cooperating- these kids are cutting weight and the last thing they need is to get sick waiting outside for weigh ins at the biggest tournament of their season/career. Reminds me of the dumb and dumber quote “that was a chance we were willing to take…”

Every sport, every athlete, family, coach - time, money, sacrifices for all of their loved ones in their journey of sports.

Imagine the response if this was any other sport- having the majority of the participants waiting outside for over a hour on the same day they are competing.

I hate hearing that about the young man who missed weight but the image of all these kids… That’s embarrassing…nice look OHSAA - Imagine if the weather was not cooperating- these kids are cutting weight and the last thing they need is to get sick waiting outside for weigh ins at the biggest tournament of their season/career. Reminds me of the dumb and dumber quote “that was a chance we were willing to take…”

But what if he shot u in the face?

Good movie

I am sure the OHSAA does not care. They are counting attendance to see how much money they can make. They are supposed to be a non profit organization, but the more money they can bring in the more money they can pay their directors.

Will they issue an apology, and a plan to fix for next year?

Remember the OHSAA is ran by government and state funded employees…what did you expect? 90% of the people that work in education aren’t educated. Which is incredibly sad, because the 10% that make a real difference are the salt of the earth.

Get rid of the girls.
Lines too long.
Weigh-ins too clustered.
Wrestlers unable to get there in time to check their weight.
Just one man’s observation.
You should change your name to. WishYouWereNOTHere…wrestling is for the world to enjoy and celebrate, not just men. Ladies welcome, they’re growing the sport and making it better. Sorry your kid wants to be one.

The weigh-in situation was completely unacceptable. The communication from OHSAA was that the scales would be open at 9 until 10:15am. They even noted that you would be able to check weight on the scale your group was assigned to. Did not happen for MANY wrestlers.

Miami East boy was 0.2 over. Done, season over. Because he could not get in the door and check weight with a reasonable amount of time, as promised. By the time he could check it was already 10:15!!! And the officials were PREVENTING kids from even checking. One shot. Hope your scale at home was spot on! And had zero plans to take off that last quarter lb. Very bad OHSAA, not cool.
1. Cant comment on what happened with the weigh in schedule and situation, or why it was altered. Could it have been done better I'm sure, but again I don't know why it was done like this. I know there were 672 boys and I'm not sure how many girls checking weight, you would want to be early for that one
2.My coach always had us 1/2lb to 1lb under, he always said be under enough to allow for different scales inconsistencies
3.Each wrestler is responsible for his own weight, no one else

Well for roughly 99.?? this was not a problem, sad for the small fraction that did not make weight and sounds like it could have been run better but in end the blame rests with wrestler, even in perfect weigh in conditions at state 1 or 2 don't make weight

I agree, this sport is growing and I love it.
But let’s be honest. The girls should have their OWN state tournament. The boys didn’t qualify alongside the girls. So let them have their own tournament. I’m not hating on the girls by any means. I just feel they are only money grabbing by throwing boys/girls together.

I agree, this sport is growing and I love it.
But let’s be honest. The girls should have their OWN state tournament. The boys didn’t qualify alongside the girls. So let them have their own tournament. I’m not hating on the girls by any means. I just feel they are only money grabbing by throwing boys/girls together.
Did the DI boys qualify alongside the DII or DIII boys?
I'm sure y'all realize that many coaches around the state still coach both the boys and girls at their school right?

You should change your name to. WishYouWereNOTHere…wrestling is for the world to enjoy and celebrate, not just men. Ladies welcome, they’re growing the sport and making it better. Sorry your kid wants to be one.
I’ll help you out graplinforeskin… and carpmentor (I know you’re there).
I will allow girls to wrestle.
I just disagree with an entity that just became existent two years ago (ohsaa sanctioning girls) and immediately gets all the perks of an entity that has been around for 60 years.
Girls have :
* 1/2 the numbers of any division,
* 1/4 the time committed to the sport,
* seem to take up twice the space,
* cause lines to be longer (especially for weigh-ins),
* caused the $10 parking fee,
* caused the raised stage to go away.
* cause the tournament to be chaotic.
I will take questions now.
Not from CNN or MSNBC.
Please, one at a time.

I’ll help you out graplinforeskin… and carpmentor (I know you’re there).
I will allow girls to wrestle.
I just disagree with an entity that just became existent two years ago (ohsaa sanctioning girls) and immediately gets all the perks of an entity that has been around for 60 years.
Girls have :
* 1/2 the numbers of any division,
* 1/4 the time committed to the sport,
* seem to take up twice the space,
* cause lines to be longer (especially for weigh-ins),
* caused the $10 parking fee,
* caused the raised stage to go away.
* cause the tournament to be chaotic.
I will take questions now.
Not from CNN or MSNBC.
Please, one at a time.
Girls have :
* 1/2 the numbers of any division (Not true… Regionals had 16 girl brackets just as boys districts)
* 1/4 the time committed to the sport (as far as I know the girls have same allotted practice times and many do outside clubs also)
* seem to take up twice the space, ( technically the girls only take 1/3 the space of the boys, since it is 1 division vs 3)
* cause lines to be longer (especially for weigh-ins), (agree on this since we added a division, but OhSAA mishandling weighins is not because of the girls)
* caused the $10 parking fee, (moronic comment… OSU didn’t raise parking prices because females are included. Is parking at OSU WBB twice as much as for men’s team?)
* caused the raised stage to go away. (False, it has been known that it was a cost cutting measure by ohsaa not because of the addition of girls)
* cause the tournament to be chaotic. (Highest attendance at state in years after girls were added last year)

I have an idea…. How about you let me interview you today if you are at the Schott. You can put yourself out there on why you think all of this. Then everyone will see who the person is who hates women. Feel free to message me and I will come do an interview whenever today since I am not CNN or MSNBC

Girls have :
* 1/2 the numbers of any division (Not true… Regionals had 16 girl brackets just as boys districts)
* 1/4 the time committed to the sport (as far as I know the girls have same allotted practice times and many do outside clubs also)
* seem to take up twice the space, ( technically the girls only take 1/3 the space of the boys, since it is 1 division vs 3)
* cause lines to be longer (especially for weigh-ins), (agree on this since we added a division, but OhSAA mishandling weighins is not because of the girls)
* caused the $10 parking fee, (moronic comment… OSU didn’t raise parking prices because females are included. Is parking at OSU WBB twice as much as for men’s team?)
* caused the raised stage to go away. (False, it has been known that it was a cost cutting measure by ohsaa not because of the addition of girls)
* cause the tournament to be chaotic. (Highest attendance at state in years after girls were added last year)

I have an idea…. How about you let me interview you today if you are at the Schott. You can put yourself out there on why you think all of this. Then everyone will see who the person is who hates women. Feel free to message me and I will come do an interview whenever today since I am not CNN or MSNBC
* The numbers that were used were the girls’ pre-regionals vs the boys’ sectionals… 1/2.
* The time commitment is the average number of years a state qualifying girl has wrestled vs a state qualifying boy.
* I do not believe that the attendance was higher last year. I was there and I have seen bigger crowds; that is fake news.
* A coincidence that a $10 charge for parking began the first year girls were introduced? And don’t forget that the transport buses did not run last year either.
* Raised stage couldn’t happen for two reasons… not enough time and not enough room for 4 raised mats… girls.
That is all I have time for.
Please refer any more questions to my chief of staff secretary.

* The numbers that were used were the girls’ pre-regionals vs the boys’ sectionals… 1/2.
* The time commitment is the average number of years a state qualifying girl has wrestled vs a state qualifying boy.
* I do not believe that the attendance was higher last year. I was there and I have seen bigger crowds; that is fake news.
* A coincidence that a $10 charge for parking began the first year girls were introduced? And don’t forget that the transport buses did not run last year either.
* Raised stage couldn’t happen for two reasons… not enough time and not enough room for 4 raised mats… girls.
That is all I have time for.
Please refer any more questions to my chief of staff secretary.
Attendance.
IMG_7553.jpeg

IMG_7554.jpeg

Remember the OHSAA is ran by government and state funded employees…what did you expect? 90% of the people that work in education aren’t educated. Which is incredibly sad, because the 10% that make a real difference are the salt of the earth.
The board of directors are all school employees, if that’s what you mean, but the people in columbus working day to day are not government employees.

1. Cant comment on what happened with the weigh in schedule and situation, or why it was altered. Could it have been done better I'm sure, but again I don't know why it was done like this. I know there were 672 boys and I'm not sure how many girls checking weight, you would want to be early for that one
2.My coach always had us 1/2lb to 1lb under, he always said be under enough to allow for different scales inconsistencies
3.Each wrestler is responsible for his own weight, no one else
“My coach always had us 1/2lb to 1lb under”

That seems like a waste of energy (and hydration).

Our team was about the 3rd team in line when the doors opened. They were checking every bag. I’m not sure if they continued to do that the whole time, but that would have been a big part of the problem. They have to know the wrestlers are bringing food in for after weigh ins.