OHSAA Tournament Upsets

Was at the game. Actually a classless decision by the Dalton coach to allow his player to score an uncontested layup at the end with the game already decided. Win by 9 or 11 does it matter??
Congratulations to Mogadore on a very successful season.
Wow. So if a shot is uncontested, the player shouldn't take it? You whine much?

Division 1 Northwest District 2

#12 Northview (11-13): 50
#1 Findlay (21-2): 48

F/OT

Northview, ranked #201 in the state by MaxPreps, knocks off Findlay who's ranked #6 in the entire state by MaxPreps (Across all divisions), and #5 by the Final AP Poll. This is one of the biggest upsets of the year and leaves the Northwest District 2 Championship wide open.
Crazy

You apparently do not watch Mogadore football games. Starters are removed and jv put in consistently when game is decided. Have not ever seen Mogadore coaches " pile it on" and win by 40-50 points with starters left in. They could have padded stats for players but instead call off the starters early. You, whoever you are, are totally off base on this one!
You implied it was classless for a coach to allow the score be “run up” by 2 points….but you’re ok with scoring another 4 or 5 TD’s when your team is up by 28

I go back to the Chuck Moore (great player) days of Mogadore football. Should we go back and look at how many TD’s he scored in the second half of games where Mogadore was already up by 28 or more.

Total classless move by your football coach for allowing Chuck to do that and embarrass the other team (using your logic).

I don’t care who is scoring the TD’s….beating a football team by 50 is a lot worse than beating a basketball team by 11 instead of 9

You implied it was classless for a coach to allow the score be “run up” by 2 points….but you’re ok with scoring another 4 or 5 TD’s when your team is up by 28

I go back to the Chuck Moore (great player) days of Mogadore football. Should we go back and look at how many TD’s he scored in the second half of games where Mogadore was already up by 28 or more.

Total classless move by your football coach for allowing Chuck to do that and embarrass the other team (using your logic).

I don’t care who is scoring the TD’s….beating a football team by 50 is a lot worse than beating a basketball team by 11 instead of 9
Yep, I dare you to research that, if you have the nerve. Chuck Moore was pulled many games, during his career. You apparently just want to argue without facts. So I certainly won't continue to add to your delusional comments.

Division 1 Northeast District 3

#14 Mentor (17-7): 83
#6 Green (18-5): 70

Green made a valiant effort in Euclid down two key players, but it wasn't enough to overcome a Mentor offense that has dominated all year, earning Mentor a trip to the NE3 District Championship vs. the winner of #7 Dover and #13 Jackson.

I've watched Mogadore basketball for more years than most of you I'm sure. Never have I seen a Mogadore player do that. In fact they could have in countless games. But rather they dribble out the time, as most class programs do. And the Dalton coaches and players actually celebrated the layup. So be it.
Daltons coach is an interim as the HC for personal reasons had to step down mid season. You really don't know what the coach told his players to do or not to do. Also, I know Swartz from way, way back when he was playing at Hiram, then an assistant for Huggins at UA. Super, super guy off the court.......his coaching, well we'll leave it at that as I personally saw him punch his kid while coaching. So I wouldn't jump at calling another coach or program classless.

Both are classless. HS kid making a layup is less classless cause most HS kids are clueless in that situation. My HUGE pet peeve is many of these coaches are up or down 40 in the 4th quarter and some continue to play some starters ! If you want your younger players to come back next year after they’ve worked hard all year, you better give them a little time. It’s a Joke. Coaches , when it’s over, it’s Over. Stop trying to make it look good in the papers and internet the Next Day !

Oak Hills (#17) beat Aiken (#6).

Middletown (#9) beat Western Hills (#8).

Both were competitive games and neither one were overly upsets as the new RPI definitely overseeded the two CMAC teams.
They were not over seeded based upon the matrix. However, they were flat out coached by two very good coaches.

#9 GlenOak defeated #4 Louisville in the D1 Alliance District. The Golden Eagles will face the winner of the St. Edward-Brunswick game next week at Kent State.

#17 VASJ upsets #4 CVCA in the Canton Region NE3 District final, 60-58.

Vikings return to the Sweet 16 for the first time since 2019 and for the 1st time under Head Coach Ashen Ward c/o 2008.

Division 1 Northwest District 1

#4 Perrysburg (16-7): 66
#3 Sandusky (21-1) 51

Perrysburg knocks off #9 in the state (AP Poll) and MaxPreps #21 team, and despite Perrysburg maybe being the better team on paper ranking wise this is quite the upset.
I was surprised Sandusky defeated Lima in the 1st place

Division 1 Northwest District 2

#12 Northview (11-13): 50
#1 Findlay (21-2): 48

F/OT

Northview, ranked #201 in the state by MaxPreps, knocks off Findlay who's ranked #6 in the entire state by MaxPreps (Across all divisions), and #5 by the Final AP Poll. This is one of the biggest upsets of the year and leaves the Northwest District 2 Championship wide open.
Findlay won by 29 at home, 19 at Northview, so statistically should on neutral court?

Who knew Waite wouldn't prepare the Trojans?

But it's ok to come on here and berate the kid? Gotcha. Let the kid have his points. Making a mountain out of a mole hill if you ask me.
Back off -- I never said that. I stated what 90% or more of reasonable basketball fans think about that situation. I'm not berating anyone.

Versailles beat Mariemont 68-43 (Versailles is an 11 seed). This is technically an upset, but the dominance is what makes it especially surprising. For a brief moment they were doubling them nearing the end of the third.