Did President Biden Clinch Re-Election With His Strong State Of Union Address ??

Omega

Although I disagree with Biden's vision of the role of government in American life and business, I admit Biden's performance was strong, dynamic, and rousing. Was it enough to vanquish the doubts about Biden's physical and cognitive abilities? Given this performance versus Trump's penchant to self destruct with insults and anger, did President Biden do enough to change his negatives so he can win re-election with a Democrat majority in Congress going forward?

Indeed I am, but a dose of realism is needed. The Democrats can now hide Biden in the basement and let Trump self destruct while Republicans in Congress continue to display disunity as their virtue. I am shocked Biden pulled it off, but he did.
Not sure if it is intended, but you have a real Shleprock vibe going over there.

What is it that you think he “pulled off”? He got through it ?

Although I disagree with Biden's vision of the role of government in American life and business, I admit Biden's performance was strong, dynamic, and rousing. Was it enough to vanquish the doubts about Biden's physical and cognitive abilities? Given this performance versus Trump's penchant to self destruct with insults and anger, did President Biden do enough to change his negatives so he can win re-election with a Democrat majority in Congress going forward?
I hope you're joking. Tonight, to the extent that America saw the speech, Biden may have lost the election. First off there was over an hour of squinting, yelling and looking befuddled to be parsed out in 10 - 20 second Memes and Tweets over the next 8 months.

More importantly though is that tonight Biden showed those Americans who voted for him in 2020 because they believed that compared to Trump Biden was calmer, more presidential and able to unit a deeply divided country that he is non of those things. That will be huge in the upcoming election.

Indeed I am, but a dose of realism is needed. The Democrats can now hide Biden in the basement and let Trump self destruct while Republicans in Congress continue to display disunity as their virtue. I am shocked Biden pulled it off, but he did.
I agree that that's what they're going to count on, but I don't see it happening. No one in November is going to care that Biden said "yeah, I'm old" in March. 2020 was conducted under extremely odd circumstances. Letting Trump have a campaign more like 2016... I'm not seeing that as an advantage for the Democrats.

I hope you're joking. Tonight, to the extent that America saw the speech, Biden may have lost the election. First off there was over an hour of squinting, yelling and looking befuddled to be parsed out in 10 - 20 second Memes and Tweets over the next 8 months.

More importantly though is that tonight Biden showed those Americans who voted for him in 2020 because they believed that compared to Trump Biden was calmer, more presidential and able to unit a deeply divided country that he is non of those things. That will be huge in the upcoming election.
I thought he looked good at times, but befuddled and angry more often.

I can’t wait for the sweeping claims that Joe made to be confirmed. Or denied….with impunity.

The shameless disowning of his own border disaster is quite striking, and the media that plays along should be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited:
  • Stephen Green | Mar 07, 2024 10:38 PM est
I'll let someone more sober and less strung out than I am do the real wrap but I'll finish with something approximating a thought or two.
As speeches go, this wasn't one — just a grab bag of random stuff, arranged in no particular order, with no dramatic sweep, and delivered with all the grace of a spider monkey on Red Bull.

As a campaign event, it might have inspired the dedicated, but if you were worried about Biden's fitness... you're more worried now than you were two hours ago.

I know I am.

Drink up.

• Stephen Green | Mar 07, 2024 10:38 PM est
I'll let someone more sober and less strung out than I am do the real wrap but I'll finish with something approximating a thought or two.
As speeches go, this wasn't one — just a grab bag of random stuff, arranged in no particular order, with no dramatic sweep, and delivered with all the grace of a spider monkey on Red Bull.

As a campaign event, it might have inspired the dedicated, but if you were worried about Biden's fitness... you're more worried now than you were two hours ago.

I know I am.

Drink up.
LOL he was too energetic crushing the narrative...Drink up

You can tell the speech was a hit when you see the MAGA wingnuts and RW media complaining he is too angry and too political (they thought he was sleepy and senile)
No we often commented on how Biden was an angry old man and seemed to be at his nastiest when jacked up on his anti-dementia medications.

Biden goes from "sleepy & senile" to nasty and senile depending on when he was last dosed with the drug cocktail that enables him to function for an hour or so.

LOL he was too energetic crushing the narrative...Drink up
Again, it wasn't about Biden's energy. Like Green said, Biden at times was like "spider monkey on Red Bull". It's about Biden being angry and frustrated about not getting his way. He's the old guy in a nursing home the care givers dread because he swings from being in a stupor one moment to a screeching, angry old guy waving his fists at the sky.

1709872214420.jpeg

Not sure if it is intended, but you have a real Shleprock vibe going over there.

What is it that you think he “pulled off”? He got through it ?

Hey, I resemble that remark, but I consider myself to be a Joe Btfsplk kind of guy:

45effd6612e418baa1e661c086713b63.jpg

Seriously I was surprised at the vigor displayed by the President. I was surprised by his focus and only a few mistakes in delivery. I was shocked by his lack of confused lapses and wandering on stage. Sadly for those who oppose his policies, Biden negated his perception of being a doddering senile old man, throwing the onus of defending character flaws back on Trump.

No we often commented on how Biden was an angry old man and seemed to be at his nastiest when jacked up on his anti-dementia medications.

Biden goes from "sleepy & senile" to nasty and senile depending on when he was last dosed with the drug cocktail that enables him to function for an hour or so.
He was probably a little jacked up from the limo ride through the Palestinian protestors, over and above his clarity meds

I can’t wait for the sweeping claims to be confirmed. Or denied….with impunity.

The shameless disowning of his own border disaster is quite striking, and the media that plays along should be ashamed of themselves.
I agree and frankly as someone who is hoping Trump beats Biden in November I'm thrilled at how the State of the Union speech went tonight. Biden was unsympathetic and angry. As you noted there were moments in which he was lucid and presented the material well but there were a lot more times were he slurred his words and screwed up the text. Add in his strange facial contortions, constant squinting and overt anger and Biden no longer offers a viable alternative to Trump.

Biden showed none of the old man with dementia that MAGA likes to accuse him of. He was energetic and forceful the entire speech. I doubt that many MAGA members could speak in public for two minutes intelligently on any topic, including those on this site, while Biden went for over an hour. Public speaking with the pressure he was under can be exhausting. Biden showed none of that. I’ve not heard Trump talk with any intelligence for two minutes on any topic. Just the opposite. He can’t stay on topic, usually lying about himself or our country. When has Trump talked positively about anything, or told the truth about anything? Haven’t you also been amazed at the number of clips showing Trump talking nonsense that have been made public in recent weeks? I think you have the dementia label on the wrong guy.

Last edited:
I agree and frankly as someone who is hoping Trump beats Biden in November I'm thrilled at how the State of the Union speech went tonight. Biden was unsympathetic and angry. As you noted there were moments in which he was lucid and presented the material well but there were a lot more times were he slurred his words and screwed up the text. Add in his strange facial contortions, constant squinting and overt anger and Biden no longer offers a viable alternative to Trump.
it must come down to voting for the machine.

I can’t wait for the sweeping claims to be confirmed. Or denied….with impunity.

He didn’t disown it. Biden called out Trump for blocking for political gain a bipartisan bill that the Border Patrol strongly endorsed.

Hey, I resemble that remark, but I consider myself to be a Joe Btfsplk kind of guy:

View attachment 55518

Seriously I was surprised at the vigor displayed by the President. I was surprised by his focus and only a few mistakes in delivery. I was shocked by his lack of confused lapses and wandering on stage. Sadly for those who oppose his policies, Biden negated his perception of being a doddering senile old man, throwing the onus of defending character flaws back on Trump.
True, but MAGA will never admit that. However, I think independent voters will.

Biden showed none of the old man with dementia that MAGA likes to accuse him of. He was energetic and forceful the entire speech. I doubt that many MAGA members could speak in public for two minutes intelligently on any topic, including those on this site, while Biden went for close to two hours. Public speaking with the pressure he was under can be exhausting. Biden showed none of that. I’ve not heard Trump talk with any intelligence for two minutes on any topic. Just the opposite. He can’t stay on topic, usually lying about himself or our country. When has Trump talked positively about anything, or told the truth about anything? Haven’t you also been amazed at the number of clips showing Trump talking nonsense that have been made public in recent weeks? I think you have the dementia label on the wrong guy.
iuvhjei5n1y71.png

⚰️