WOAC 2023-24

I agree with you. I watched one of their games, and I don't think they match up well vs. Shawnee's size.
I feel like with the games of Williamsburg i've watched in last 2 days online, they would matchup great with Tri Village. But I think Shawnees size will power the through and they get the W.

where did the posts about the eaton boy going to tv go??
My post got pulled. Funny how that happens when other users post about transfers with no issue. This is what happens when you're from TV- you have to sit back and watch hometown kids who work their butts off for years get screwed while new recruits take their place on the court- and if you say anything, you get shamed into silence. Welcome to Patriot Nation! 😫

Its a bad matchup for TV. Shawnees height and blankenships physical D on sagester (has a sophmore body) will make it difficult for TV to pull off the upset. Shawnee by 10+

My post got pulled. Funny how that happens when other users post about transfers with no issue. This is what happens when you're from TV- you have to sit back and watch hometown kids who work their butts off for years get screwed while new recruits take their place on the court- and if you say anything, you get shamed into silence. Welcome to Patriot Nation! 😫
Besides the Fall kid from FM, what other transfers have been discussed on this thread? Two kids that transferred into TV mid/after season and can't do anything besides sit behind the bench? And if I'm being honest, I don't know if either of them would see the floor this year or next.

What hometown kids are getting screwed? This year's basketball team has 1 transfer on it.

Its a bad matchup for TV. Shawnees height and blankenships physical D on sagester (has a sophmore body) will make it difficult for TV to pull off the upset. Shawnee by 10+
I agree. Kid is a good shooter but isn't at the level yet to where the offense can run through him

Besides the Fall kid from FM, what other transfers have been discussed on this thread? Two kids that transferred into TV mid/after season and can't do anything besides sit behind the bench? And if I'm being honest, I don't know if either of them would see the floor this year or next.

What hometown kids are getting screwed? This year's basketball team has 1 transfer on it.
The kid whose parents were wise enough to take him out of TV and move to VV district has been discussed. This is not just about 23-24- there is a long history of our own kids (boys and girls) getting displaced by the latest and greatest from area benches- years and years of our kids paying their dues, being promised playing time that never comes, and then there are those good kids who just quit because they're tired of Sags' "program."
We're just not allowed to talk about it. We DO talk about it, we do notice it- even the parents and boys Sags thinks he has wrapped around his little finger. People don't hate us cause they "ain't us." They hate us because we're poachers- that's the reputation he's built.

Majority of schools have open enrollment around here. If other schools built a culture in the classroom and in athletics, they would get more open enrollees, families would WANT their child to be educated in that district. There is also a dollar figure attached to those students in regards to state funding, public school is a business, it's not like any school in the area is going to turn away an open enrollment registrations unless the student has a reputations as an issue at their previous school.

TV definitely has the culture. Love them or hate them! I lean towards the latter for my own reasons!

But the facilities, the coaches, the tradition... cannot be denied. Not to mention Top Rankings in the USA News for one of the best Elementary and Junior High Schools. There is a new PreK unit that does a nice job from what I've heard.
Impressive MD & ED Departments that is the hub for Darke County (Most of these students count as open enrollment I believe, don't see anyone complaining about that)
New Baseball & Softball upgrades to debut this spring.
An IronMan World Championship Qualifier as a Track & Field Coach.

This is an argument that goes on forever and it's gotten so old. If you want to boost programs and your district... then build it, they will come. It would help a lot of our area school districts financially for sure.

FM, Newton & Bradford have multiple "transfers" open enrolled from the rumor mill for spring sports.
Trail has had a few successful football seasons in recent history... "transfers" from Richmond including the Coaches & the HC kid.
I'm sure there are a lot of others that I don't know of off the top of my head. The Schondelmeyer kid from Arcanum "transferred" to Springfield for football... that turned out to be a great move for his future and education.

If any school is recruiting. Gather the evidence and turn it into OHSAA. If you don't have any, talk about the sport, not the minors.
Instead of worrying about where kids are going, why not figure out why they don't feel as if they can be successful where they are at.

I'm sure I will get attacked for this post. Oh, well.

Majority of schools have open enrollment around here. If other schools built a culture in the classroom and in athletics, they would get more open enrollees, families would WANT their child to be educated in that district. There is also a dollar figure attached to those students in regards to state funding, public school is a business, it's not like any school in the area is going to turn away an open enrollment registrations unless the student has a reputations as an issue at their previous school.

TV definitely has the culture. Love them or hate them! I lean towards the latter for my own reasons!

But the facilities, the coaches, the tradition... cannot be denied. Not to mention Top Rankings in the USA News for one of the best Elementary and Junior High Schools. There is a new PreK unit that does a nice job from what I've heard.
Impressive MD & ED Departments that is the hub for Darke County (Most of these students count as open enrollment I believe, don't see anyone complaining about that)

This is an argument that goes on forever and it's gotten so old. If you want to boost programs and your district... then build it, they will come. It would help a lot of our area school districts financially for sure.

FM, Newton & Bradford have multiple "transfers" open enrolled from the rumor mill for spring sports.
Trail has had a few successful football seasons in recent history... "transfers" from Richmond including the Coaches & the HC kid.
I'm sure there are a lot of others that I don't know of off the top of my head. The Schondelmeyer kid from Arcanum "transferred" to Springfield for football... that turned out to be a great move for his future and education.

If any school is recruiting. Gather the evidence and turn it into OHSAA. If you don't have any, talk about the sport, not the minors.
Instead of worrying about where kids are going, why not figure out why they don't feel as if they can be successful where they are at.

Very well put actually.

You're 100% correct- TV is an amazing school and does SO many things well. I've lived here my entire life and am a proud TV graduate. Happy to send my kids to TV. The teachers are phenomenal and most of the administrative staff are very good at their jobs and care about the kids. It's one thing to attract talent to the district - it's another to replace kids we've known since they were preschoolers, whose parents live and pay taxes in the district, whose families come to community events and buy gas at the local gas station with kids who get carted here for school, practice, and games. If you want to be a Patriot, assimilate yourself and your family. We have had some wonderful kids who have moved into the district and didn't just do it for basketball- they went all in.
OHSAA doesn't give a darn so it's pretty pointless to even discuss, I guess. Would just like the WOAC community here to know that Sags doesn't represent all of us at Tri-Village. We love to win- but some of us would rather watch kids we know, that our own kids have grown up with, lose a few games....than watch kids we don't know win.

You're 100% correct- TV is an amazing school and does SO many things well. I've lived here my entire life and am a proud TV graduate. Happy to send my kids to TV. The teachers are phenomenal and most of the administrative staff are very good at their jobs and care about the kids. It's one thing to attract talent to the district - it's another to replace kids we've known since they were preschoolers, whose parents live and pay taxes in the district, whose families come to community events and buy gas at the local gas station with kids who get carted here for school, practice, and games. If you want to be a Patriot, assimilate yourself and your family. We have had some wonderful kids who have moved into the district and didn't just do it for basketball- they went all in.
OHSAA doesn't give a darn so it's pretty pointless to even discuss, I guess. Would just like the WOAC community here to know that Sags doesn't represent all of us at Tri-Village. We love to win- but some of us would rather watch kids we know, that our own kids have grown up with, lose a few games....than watch kids we don't know win.
I cannot disagree with you, especially on the small town feel of New Madison.
However, when kids are eligible, the best players will play (which is subjective to WHO is considered to be the best, but the guy with the clipboard makes the final call. And I will say, Sags is over achieving big time with this year's team!).

A coach can't sit at the local gas station and see who is spending money there to pick his lineup. I understand the want for those 13 year patriots to be on the court, but if it's not the best option for the team, it's not on the coach. Maybe more need to realize the level of commitment to a situation that really isn't going to improve their quality of life down the road. I'm all for playing sports while you can, don't get me wrong! But if my kid is sitting the bench during a blowout JH game and not getting on the field to gain experience..... I'm probably rethinking my families commitment levels in the future.

From what I have seen, from the outside of course, I am not a Patriot, basketball is the way of life in New Madison, it's the only thing that matters and they are working the sport year round it seems. It is researched and proven that the developing athlete (teen years) are at a disadvantage in terms of health and injury prevention if they play the same sport year round. It is important for them to take breaks from each sport and work on other muscle groups used in others, and breaks from sport all together is beneficial for recovery. I have heard of more teenagers going to Chiropractor appointments because they are in pain (this is insane to me, as I don't know of many if any that needed "adjusted" when I was playing sports or my kids were playing in the 90s/00s.)

I, for one, know there are great employees, coaches and community members in New Madison some of those I consider family and I do believe that basketball, though successful, puts a cloud over Tri-Village.

Saw this on the news this week. Obviously different situations in many cases, but still shows the need for the culture and district readiness.

The kid whose parents were wise enough to take him out of TV and move to VV district has been discussed. This is not just about 23-24- there is a long history of our own kids (boys and girls) getting displaced by the latest and greatest from area benches- years and years of our kids paying their dues, being promised playing time that never comes, and then there are those good kids who just quit because they're tired of Sags' "program."
We're just not allowed to talk about it. We DO talk about it, we do notice it- even the parents and boys Sags thinks he has wrapped around his little finger. People don't hate us cause they "ain't us." They hate us because we're poachers- that's the reputation he's built.
My coaching friends say one of the toughest things to battle in building a program is parents who think their kid deserves something because they are older or have been here longer. They value their kid's pt or stats or awards over the team winning. Whether it is a freshman over a senior or a transfer over a kid that has been there, TV puts the best kids on the floor. Assuming everything is done legally, can't really argue with that approach.

This is HILARIOUS. Every school open enrolls. Ansonia has declined many athletes (mainly track and field) from coming here solely for athletics. They have a top tier educational system as well.

This is HILARIOUS. Every school open enrolls. Ansonia has declined many athletes (mainly track and field) from coming here solely for athletics. They have a top tier educational system as well.
If you're talking academics, they rank at the bottom of the county with Bradford in most testing categories. And that's just Darke County

My coaching friends say one of the toughest things to battle in building a program is parents who think their kid deserves something because they are older or have been here longer. They value their kid's pt or stats or awards over the team winning. Whether it is a freshman over a senior or a transfer over a kid that has been there, TV puts the best kids on the floor. Assuming everything is done legally, can't really argue with that approach.
In my years around basketball, I never really heard of a coach "promising " playing time. They may use words like, "would love to have you", "you could help us greatly" etc., but to promise time, that seems odd to me. Even as an AAU talent recruiter I would never promise playing time. Things change, needs change in matchups one game to the next.

I'm sure building a program is tough, especially when parents believe their budding star is deserving of more time than he is getting. Life will always be made up of confident people applying for positions they may not be ready for or talented enough to fulfill the needs of the spot once they secure it. This applies to so many things in life, but when the parents are involved emotion plays a significant role in their families satisfaction.

In my years around basketball, I never really heard of a coach "promising " playing time. They may use words like, "would love to have you", "you could help us greatly" etc., but to promise time, that seems odd to me. Even as an AAU talent recruiter I would never promise playing time. Things change, needs change in matchups one game to the next.

I'm sure building a program is tough, especially when parents believe their budding star is deserving of more time than he is getting. Life will always be made up of confident people applying for positions they may not be ready for or talented enough to fulfill the needs of the spot once they secure it. This applies to so many things in life, but when the parents are involved emotion plays a significant role in their families satisfaction.
I am old, but 30 years ago you would have one or two families like this, and now it seems like you only have one or two that aren't like this. American emotional maturity has decreased over the years, significantly so in the last decade.