Northwest Conference 2023-2024

It's only conference??? Tell that to the wrestlers and coaching staffs. Sure looked important to all of them on Saturday. It's also a good starting place for sectional seeding.
Depends on your goal. For some it is. Others are thinking about more than conference. Do you hold being a conference champ in higher value than being a state qualifier & Placer? You have to focus on your perspective & goal.

Depends on your goal. For some it is. Others are thinking about more than conference. Do you hold being a conference champ in higher value than being a state qualifier & Placer? You have to focus on your perspective & goal.
I can pretty much guarantee that if you can't or don't win your conference you won't be winning Districts, or State.

😆, I'm pretty sure if you're a state qualifying wrestler, your not to worried about wrestling the NWC tournament, I'm sure for the AE guys practice is tougher than that tournament.....

😆, I'm pretty sure if you're a state qualifying wrestler, your not to worried about wrestling the NWC tournament, I'm sure for the AE guys practice is tougher than that tournament.....
Which is my point. Do you say screw it if banged up already & rest up for the tournament? Especially if you are for sure wrestling 5+ times at conference. Would it change if you only wrestled 3x max & maybe 2 if 6/7 man bracket that day? AE had been sitting guys out for injuries it seems in the recent past.

I can pretty much guarantee that if you can't or don't win your conference you won't be winning Districts, or State.
Not what is being brought up at all. The premise is individuals that can walk through the conference but are banged up. Being a 5+ match day, is it worth risking a major injury before the tournament that matters. Would it change if you made the 8 man bracket where it's similar to Indiana's medal rounds of state finals? You'd have fewer matches to wear on a banged up body.

Your argument makes no sense, these aren't pro athletes with million dollar contracts. They are high schoolers, and injuries happen all the time. Hell by your logic you shouldn't practice or wrestle at all until sectionals. I'm pretty sure if you are making the trip you don't want to be in an eight man bracket with five guys, just give me the four matches and crown me champ. I don't see anywhere where AE held anyone out last week

Here's an idea, go to the Indiana yappi site, you always talk how they do it right
Already on it lol. They do a lot more sensible options it seems. Not sure why it doesn't make sense. The conference tournament is a week before the state series. Big difference from the regular season match in December/January where you have a chance to heal. Why wouldn't you want your athletes to be fresh going into the most important tournament of the year? Going round robin a week before just seems to be counter productive. Exactly why you have a conference dual tournament in the beginning of the season regardless of the number of wrestlers each team has. Then coaches seed out a double elimination type individual tournament & make it a quick day.

BTW you better change your name to Grove Owns Bluffton at this pace

I can't think of 1 top Allen East wrestler, or any top NWC wrestler for that matter, that has sat out of the NWC tournament unless they were already injured, including every state champ to come out of the NWC in that time frame.
Which is why I mentioned they might not have been cleared until after NWC on a previous post. Which is the smart move on their part.