Avon vs. Saint Ignatius

Is this the year Avon finally wins a state title? Glenville did in D4, Massillon won a playoff title in D2.

You don't get what you deserve, you only get what you earn and the odds don't matter. But Avon definitely deserves one. If my team can't win it I root for them. Class program, class coach.

Ditto Glenville btw.

You don't get what you deserve, you only get what you earn and the odds don't matter. But Avon definitely deserves one. If my team can't win it I root for them. Class program, class coach.

Ditto Glenville btw.
Exactly. Nobody is given a championship. It must be earned.

With so much returning Avon certainly can win the D2 championship in 2024.

Honestly, if not my Lancers, I would love for Avon to win the title in 2024. That would give each of the top 6 programs in D2 over the last decade a state title in 6 consecutive seasons. Best of luck to your Eagles.
:)

Honestly, if not my Lancers, I would love for Avon to win the title in 2024. That would give each of the top 6 programs in D2 over the last decade a state title in 6 consecutive seasons. Best of luck to your Eagles.
I look for Hoban to rebound and win D2. So much talent.

I agree too, though I hadn't fully realized that thanks. The last 5 in order were Massillon, TCC, WW, Hoban, and LaSalle. Impressive. Avon would fit right in.

Fwiw.1 Hoban and LaSalle are the only repeat champs in D2 the past 30 years. Wouldn't mind seeing a public break that streak too. ;)

Fwiw.2 Incredibly, from 1993 thru 2013 D2 had 20 different state champs in 21 years.