West Jefferson Roughriders 2024

No. You don’t win as many games playing against good teams. West Jeff would rather beat their chest beating JV teams disguised as varsity teams. Non league schedule has been like this for a while.

You are a Dublin Coffman follower so that’s your opinion from afar. Something you would appreciate is last year WJ held a 7on7 or first game scrimmage with 3 other schools: Westfall, Zanesville and Madison Plains. All three schools head coaches were WJ alums who played for current Coach Buescher. Counting assistants and head coaches from the four teams coaching staffs there was something like 11 or 12 guys who played at WJ under Coach Buescher. Shows the WJ program is producing quality people as well as wins.

WJ-Paint Valley have played 3 times thus far with WJ winning all 3 by 2-3 td’s. PV has gone into the last two games vs WJ having lost a key player the week before. Seeing the PV stadium & the setting, well worth scheduling them. Afrocentric was a one score game last year, they were the 2nd or 3rd best city league team. WJ will not see team speed like that and I believe Afrocentric has a DE returning who is getting D1 looks.

Newark Catholic will be a great Central Ohio series. Amanda CC is not the program they were with Coach Hinton, the pay to play really set them back. Still, AC is a storied program.

WJ under Coach Buescher has played non-conference games vs Jackson (4 times), Bishop Ready (2 times) Jonathan Alder (2 times), Marion Local ( 2 times) and before going into the OHC opened with Mechanicsburg for 10+ years. WJ has scrimmage Bloom Carroll in the past and has been scrimmaging London recently, those two schools definitely prepare you for the regular season. Could the non conference schedule be tougher, sure but however Coach Buescher wants to run/schedule the program is fine by me.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Grandview & Bishop Ready as non league opponents. Close and each has history with WJ.
Yes WJ has played some very good non conference games in the past. Picking up Newark Catholic and Amanda is a good move. Amanda was better this past season and will continue to improve. The Paint Valley game is good for a points game in that their in a lousy conference and win a good number of games each year (a great facility as well) but really does little to prepare WJ for playoff football. Africentric you just never know from year to year what you are going to get. Overall a good move for WJ!

20240203_143029.jpg

MAC teams have always said, the worst team in the MAC could always beat the best team in the OHC.
Buescher has 2 years to win a state championships and he will be gone.
He has the goods to do it!
This year they can make the title game and next season they can win it.
Baring injuries, it should be a great season.

MAC teams have always said, the worst team in the MAC could always beat the best team in the OHC.
Buescher has 2 years to win a state championships and he will be gone.
He has the goods to do it!
This year they can make the title game and next season they can win it.
Baring injuries, it should be a great season.
It’s not just MAC teams saying that lol

West Leb sure won’t beat ANY team in the MAC.
Even the most team.
Even last year’s team would’ve have. LOL!
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Did I ever say they would? Unlike some delusional high school sports fans, I realize who West "Lib" likely can and cannot beat. As long as my kids learn the English language, get a great education to prepare them for life, have fun/success playing high school sports, and learn all of the valuable lessons that team sports can teach; I'm okay with it.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Did I ever say they would? Unlike some delusional high school sports fans, I realize who West "Lib" likely can and cannot beat. As long as my kids learn the English language, get a great education to prepare them for life, have fun/success playing high school sports, and learn all of the valuable lessons that team sports can teach; I'm okay with it.
w"lib"s_color, woosah, woosah

I know this is a football thread but there isn’t a basketball thread. What in the heck is going on with both girls and boys basketball? Did I see that right? The boys lost 61-18 and only won 3 or 4 games? And the girls? Please tell me Converse isn’t still there. If so, why?

I know this is a football thread but there isn’t a basketball thread. What in the heck is going on with both girls and boys basketball? Did I see that right? The boys lost 61-18 and only won 3 or 4 games? And the girls? Please tell me Converse isn’t still there. If so, why?
Converse retired I believe 2 years ago. As for boy’s basketball due to 2 starters moving out of the district and 4 varsity kids who decided not to play after football season. The coaches top 8 players were 1 senior, 2 juniors, 1 sophomore and the rest were freshman.

Converse retired I believe 2 years ago. As for boy’s basketball due to 2 starters moving out of the district and 4 varsity kids who decided not to play after football season. The coaches top 8 players were 1 senior, 2 juniors, 1 sophomore and the rest were freshman.
That would explain it. 😂 Didn’t mean to sound like a Converse hater. Had him for a teacher and is a great guy. Having said that, he should have retired many years ago. Thanks for the info!!

There’s a post about the boys team on the basketball forum on the OHC subject. Don’t know if it’s going to help you but it’s the best I could come up with.

There’s a post about the boys team on the basketball forum on the OHC subject. Don’t know if it’s going to help you but it’s the best I could come up with.
Thanks!! I didn’t even check there because WJ doesn’t usually have a boys and girls basketball thread. As good as they have been in softball they don’t have a thread either.