IVC 23-24

I guarantee you that Richmond heights can’t beat oak hill academy. Richmond heights played a national schedule and they got there buts whooped. At least Hiland beat the prep school no one else did. We can play with the best of them.

Yes hiland has a great team this year and will make it to state but watching Richmond heights play they are on a different level for a division 4 team.

We may not be able to beat Richmond heights but I don’t think they are as good as in the past and there best player have to sit out the rest of the season for cheating. I do think we can give a game we are quick enough I am hoping someone is going to knocked them out this before state.

I wish Hiland had to play Richmond Heights in the regionals so they would never make it to state again. Instead they get to play Federal Hocking.

Yes hiland has a great team this year and will make it to state but watching Richmond heights play they are on a different level for a division 4 team.
I'm going what I look up,and they said they were no.3 rank team in the prep schools rankings in the country, I'm not sure how these rankings work , because you would think they would have to play other prep schools a long the way,to get there no.3 rankings

I wish Hiland had to play Richmond Heights in the regionals so they would never make it to state again. Instead they get to play Federal Hocking.
You and the hofcity guy sound angry and sad. Everyone is so obsessed with attacking Hiland kids and hoping they fail. Why? Everyone speaks highly of other kids on all IVC teams including myself. I would love for other IVC schools to make it to state. It's an awesome experience for kids and a great achievement. Something kids never forget. Even winning a district title is a great achievement for any program. Instead of being happy for kids that work their asses off you just keep going after Hiland kids. Time and time again. I talk to a lot of athletes from other schools. My son is friends with many of them and they are good kids. If you can't be happy for other peoples success that tells me everything I need to know about you and the hof guy or whatever the guy is called that condones attacks on girls basketball players. I have no idea how Hiland will do in the tournament. I tend to think Monroe Central is really good and likely will beat Hiland in the district this year but I'll enjoy the ride of all the local teams and root for them along the way. Hiland lost one of its best players to acl injury. A senior who worked his butt off all year and improved all through high school for a chance to help his team this year. And all you got is wishing Ill will on Hiland and hoping they don't make a run? You sound pathetic and sad.

How good is Monroe central I think we beat them pretty bad at Hiland last year in the sectional finals. I don’t they are as good as the team we played Saturday and OG how big are they ? I remember three years ago we struggled when they had the freshman that was good. Would this game be at Cambridge?

IVC Boys State Basketball Championships:
Indian Valley South 1972 & 76
Hiland 1992, 2011 & 12

Strasburg won the 1967 championship before the IVC existed, but it counts!

Hiland has 13 state appearances. I couldn't find the stats for the other teams.

- -

The Hiland girls have a record 19 state appearances with championships in 2000, 05, 06, 08, 17, and 21.

- -

Overall IVC State Championships by School:
Hiland (13) GBB 6, BBB 3, golf 2, BB 2
Sburg (9) softball
E Canton (6) BT&F 3 BCC 3
Garaway (3) Golf
IV South (2) BBB
TCC (1) Golf

- -

State Championships Prior to IVC Membership:
Newcomerstown BB 1929
SBurg BBB 1967
Buckeye Trail GBB 1979, VB 1989, 1994
Claymont GBB 1981, Wrestling 1992
Indian Valley BB 2009
E Canton BCC 1998

Conotton Valley won a girls bowling championship in 2023

How good is Monroe central I think we beat them pretty bad at Hiland last year in the sectional finals. I don’t they are as good as the team we played Saturday and OG how big are they ? I remember three years ago we struggled when they had the freshman that was good. Would this game be at Cambridge?
There about the same size as Hiland is now after losing big Al.Tucker Howe is there so called best player but they have many scoring options this season,so far they have only played a couple of teams that are just above five hundred mark ,they did play TCC the first game of the year and beat them 51-42, I'm sure they are a much better team now than the first game,more than likely this game could be played at Meadowbrook HS.

You and the hofcity guy sound angry and sad. Everyone is so obsessed with attacking Hiland kids and hoping they fail. Why? Everyone speaks highly of other kids on all IVC teams including myself. I would love for other IVC schools to make it to state. It's an awesome experience for kids and a great achievement. Something kids never forget. Even winning a district title is a great achievement for any program. Instead of being happy for kids that work their asses off you just keep going after Hiland kids. Time and time again. I talk to a lot of athletes from other schools. My son is friends with many of them and they are good kids. If you can't be happy for other peoples success that tells me everything I need to know about you and the hof guy or whatever the guy is called that condones attacks on girls basketball players. I have no idea how Hiland will do in the tournament. I tend to think Monroe Central is really good and likely will beat Hiland in the district this year but I'll enjoy the ride of all the local teams and root for them along the way. Hiland lost one of its best players to acl injury. A senior who worked his butt off all year and improved all through high school for a chance to help his team this year. And all you got is wishing Ill will on Hiland and hoping they don't make a run? You sound pathetic and sad.
Cry me a river

Are you just a troll,so who is your IVC team, I guessing Sandy Valley are you piss because they got beat Saturday by IV and your out of the IVC league race,so tell me which team is it, get on here and Bragg about your team I don't see you doing any that, but all you want to do is get on here and cut down someone else team,so man up and tell us ,which team is it

I don’t see us loosing to Monroe central not after the teams we played this year. I don’t think there is going to be that much competition I saw Monroe central beat river by 10 and they are not good this year. River was very good last year got lucky last year in the district finals we could have lost. I am think it’s going to be easier this year.

I know these tough games Hiland has played in makes them a better team down the road, but one after another one and another one, could takes it's toll on these boys after a while mentally,it would be nice they could have a couple of breather games where sit back and enjoy the game and give the starters a rest, and for sure it's not going to get to happened this week coming up,with SV, TV and undefeated Linsly Academy on Saturday
I love the tough games and tough schedule. Helps a lot for tournaments. They get a good week off before the tournament starts anyway

There's a team in the SE District that has a legit chance to challenge Berlin - South Webster. They are deep, lots of size, have a true D1 player, and a legendary coach who's closing in on his 800th win. I'd be very surprised if Fed Hock is the team in the Elite 8, but crazier things have happened.

There's a team in the SE District that has a legit chance to challenge Berlin - South Webster. They are deep, lots of size, have a true D1 player, and a legendary coach who's closing in on his 800th win. I'd be very surprised if Fed Hock is the team in the Elite 8, but crazier things have happened.
The Jeeps!

I remember they went to state, what, 10-15 years ago? Had a big that was a problem for opponents.

Same coach?

The Jeeps!

I remember they went to state, what, 10-15 years ago? Had a big that was a problem for opponents.

Same coach?

Nope. Norm Persin is now the coach, who is #3 in Ohio in all time wins. He is sitting at 793 wins, 7 away from 800.

The Jeeps play a tough schedule for a D4 school. Not as tough as Hiland's, but definitely a very respectable D4 schedule.

They have wins over the #1, #3, #4, and #5 SEO D3 teams (in terms of MaxPreps RPI rating), and are scheduled to play the #2 team (North Adams) at the end of the year.

They are led by 6'8" (JR) Eli Roberts who has picked up a few D1 offers. 6'3" Tyler Sommer (SR) and 6'4" Jack Timothy (SR) round out a very big front court for a D4 school.

You never know how tournaments will go, but it would be fun to see them and Hiland square off if they both were to make it that far.

hate to bring this back up but one of your players punched a strasburg kid during a game and knocked him out in 2020
Oh when he barely touched him and Strasburgs old coach cried and demanded he was suspended. If the kid from hiland didn’t do anything why was he suspended 10 games? Hiland fans on here are mad when people talk to the truth sorry that I feel like you can’t beat hiland. Maybe if you guys weren’t so full of yourself you wouldn’t get dogged on here.

Would we play them in the regional finals or the semi finals ?

The bracket has the East winner facing the Central winner in the Semis, thus the SEO 1 and SEO 2 play each other in the other semifinal.

Hiland would not face a SEO opponent until Regional Final.

Would we play them in the regional finals or the semi finals ?
Let's worry about tomorrow nights first,then the big show down with IV on Friday,then come tournament time,if we get to play Monroe Central in the district finials,we will see how that goes,if it's on to the regionals,and we get that chance to play South Webster,they sound like they might be the best team to come out of the southeastern district in a while

Nope. Norm Persin is now the coach, who is #3 in Ohio in all time wins. He is sitting at 793 wins, 7 away from 800.

The Jeeps play a tough schedule for a D4 school. Not as tough as Hiland's, but definitely a very respectable D4 schedule.

They have wins over the #1, #3, #4, and #5 SEO D3 teams (in terms of MaxPreps RPI rating), and are scheduled to play the #2 team (North Adams) at the end of the year.

They are led by 6'8" (JR) Eli Roberts who has picked up a few D1 offers. 6'3" Tyler Sommer (SR) and 6'4" Jack Timothy (SR) round out a very big front court for a D4 school.

You never know how tournaments will go, but it would be fun to see them and Hiland square off if they both were to make it that far.
I'm from down in that neck of the woods. Moved across the river and attended Rock Hill.

Norm Persin is a familiar name. For some reason I'm thinking he was at Chesapeake when they were kicking everyone's butt down there. Am I imagining things?

If the kid from hiland didn’t do anything why was he suspended 10 games? Hiland fans on here are mad when people talk to the truth
Something happened. Just not what you are falsely implying. He was suspended 7 games for violation of district hazing policy. That's the truth and I doubt anyone on here disputes it or is afraid of it.

If one wants to present themselves as a proponent of truth, it turns out it's very handy to actually know what the truth is. It's a little odd for such a one to assert untrue things in the process of that positioning.

Oh when he barely touched him and Strasburgs old coach cried and demanded he was suspended. If the kid from hiland didn’t do anything why was he suspended 10 games? Hiland fans on here are mad when people talk to the truth sorry that I feel like you can’t beat hiland. Maybe if you guys weren’t so full of yourself you wouldn’t get dogged on here.
You know Sandy just swept that under the rug! 😂😂. I'm just messing with you. Couldn't resist.

Let's worry about tomorrow nights first,then the big show down with IV on Friday,then come tournament time,if we get to play Monroe Central in the district finials,we will see how that goes,if it's on to the regionals,and we get that chance to play South Webster,they sound like they might be the best team to come out of the southeastern district in a while
Agree with buck. I think the district and regional was weaker last year then it's been in a long time. People get spoiled and just assume Hilands coming out of the district. Lot of things have to right for that to happen esp with Yoder out. MC has multiple kids that can score and Tucker Howell is a stud. If Lukas Isaly back in the day or even Bede Lori last year had much help at all they would have beaten Hiland.

Maybe if you guys weren’t so full of yourself you wouldn’t get dogged on here.
I've been intrigued by the psychology of fans for a long time. You would be an interesting case study. I'm not qualified to do an armchair analysis, but you exhibit some behaviors that I've read about. You aren't unusual - almost all fans have some head-scratching attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors. Thus, the term "fanatics".

A lot of it is based in tribalism. We see it in politics, sports rivalries, different cultures, adjacent communities, etc. Based on the distinctions, those who are X are good, but those who are Y are bad - no redeeming value whatsoever, proving that X is superior to Y. Anything that one hears that Y is bad is accepted without skepticism. Anything good about Y is ignored. Tribalism violates the adage that people are pretty much the same, no matter where you go.

Fans of successful sports teams naturally take pride in that success and really enjoy it. But those who are on the losing end of that success will seek to discredit it in a variety of ways: cheating, favoritism, referee corruption and bias, etc. The pride the successful team's fans take can easily be declared as arrogance, entitlement, etc. And sometimes that is exactly what it is. But the bias of the person alleging that disqualifies them from being a credible judge in making that determination. Lol.

There is also this thing about how sick everyone gets when one team/franchise wins what is perceived as "more than their fair share". It turns into a very strong version of "sports hate" with the bile and hard negative emotions of real hatred. We see it with the NYY, Duke basketball, etc. I'm not much of an NFL fan, but my favorite day of the NFL calendar is when the NE Pats and the Pittsburgh Steelers are eliminated from Super Bowl contention. Lol.

Hiland may be that team in the IVC. While they have won the 3 state championships in boys hoops, there have been plenty of other teams win or share IVC titles over the past 20-30 years. So, if they are that "more than their fair share" school, it would have to be state appearances plus what the girls basketball program has done. They have won or shared 29 straight IVC championships. I can see people growing very tired of that.

I'm a Hiland fan, plus an IVC fan. I take a lot of pleasure in seeing any IVC or local school do well. I wasn't always like that, but I think I met a bunch of really neat people from other schools and decided the tribalism stuff was silly.

Not sure I see a lot of posters "dogging" Hiland fans other than you. But, you do you.

I've been intrigued by the psychology of fans for a long time. You would be an interesting case study. I'm not qualified to do an armchair analysis, but you exhibit some behaviors that I've read about. You aren't unusual - almost all fans have some head-scratching attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors. Thus, the term "fanatics".

A lot of it is based in tribalism. We see it in politics, sports rivalries, different cultures, adjacent communities, etc. Based on the distinctions, those who are X are good, but those who are Y are bad - no redeeming value whatsoever, proving that X is superior to Y. Anything that one hears that Y is bad is accepted without skepticism. Anything good about Y is ignored. Tribalism violates the adage that people are pretty much the same, no matter where you go.

Fans of successful sports teams naturally take pride in that success and really enjoy it. But those who are on the losing end of that success will seek to discredit it in a variety of ways: cheating, favoritism, referee corruption and bias, etc. The pride the successful team's fans take can easily be declared as arrogance, entitlement, etc. And sometimes that is exactly what it is. But the bias of the person alleging that disqualifies them from being a credible judge in making that determination. Lol.

There is also this thing about how sick everyone gets when one team/franchise wins what is perceived as "more than their fair share". It turns into a very strong version of "sports hate" with the bile and hard negative emotions of real hatred. We see it with the NYY, Duke basketball, etc. I'm not much of an NFL fan, but my favorite day of the NFL calendar is when the NE Pats and the Pittsburgh Steelers are eliminated from Super Bowl contention. Lol.

Hiland may be that team in the IVC. While they have won the 3 state championships in boys hoops, there have been plenty of other teams win or share IVC titles over the past 20-30 years. So, if they are that "more than their fair share" school, it would have to be state appearances plus what the girls basketball program has done. They have won or shared 29 straight IVC championships. I can see people growing very tired of that.

I'm a Hiland fan, plus an IVC fan. I take a lot of pleasure in seeing any IVC or local school do well. I wasn't always like that, but I think I met a bunch of really neat people from other schools and decided the tribalism stuff was silly.

Not sure I see a lot of posters "dogging" Hiland fans other than you. But, you do you.
As of 2018 Hiland had 13 outright title and 9 shared titles for a total of 22. Garaway was second with 10 outright and 2 shared for a total of 12. I don't know the updated numbers plus it gets a little sketchy as a division title isn't the same as the old league titles.

As far the girls go, the fact that Hiland has won 29 straight league titles says a lot about the Hiland girls program but it also says a lot about the rest of the IVC when it comes to girls hoops. Thankfully, Hiland and TV are in the same division now and Hiland at least has some competition in the league and has had to share a couple of those titles.