4@ Greeneview
5(H) South Charleston Southeastern
6@ Mechanicsburg
7@ West Liberty-Salem
8(H) Triad
9@ Fairbanks
10(H) Springfield Northeastern

Football-Icon-968282-150x150.png

6 on defense and 5 on offense. They will also return a week 1-4 starter on both sides of the ball until he tore his ACL. So you could look at it as 7 on defense and 6 on offense.

Doesn’t WJ have to replace 4 on the Oline and 3 wr’s, one of which was 1st team all state & one was 2nd team all state.

The North still runs through the Burg.

Doesn’t WJ have to replace 4 on the Oline and 3 wr’s, one of which was 1st team all state & one was 2nd team all state.

The North still runs through the Burg.
lol, assuming this is reference to the "King of the North" sign?

I think the North runs through West Jeff for the foreseeable future. Occasionally there will probably be an "upset" year, but no one in the OHC is in as good of shape as the RRs.

Don’t matter who wins the league this year, probably will be NE.
If WJ doesn’t win their regional, it will be a disaster!
I know that is a huge statement right now with 213 days till kickoff but with the team that they will be having coming back.
My next statement will be even bigger!
2025 season, if they are not in the state title game, it will be an even bigger disappointment!
That is just MY OPINION and no one else’s!

Certainly not a schedule conducive in defeating any MAC school or state power. IMO
Africentric has been on the rise and Paint Valley has been solid. What recommendations do you have for West Jefferson (considering their location) to help be more conducive to do that? Also keeping in mind you make your schedules 3-5 years in advance.

IMO, the RRs are just in a weird location for a schedule like your eluding to. My WLS Tigers should 1,000,000% be scheduling MAC schools every year if they want to compete at the state level. But they're an hour away, whereas West Jefferson is closer to 1.5-2 hours.

Africentric has been on the rise and Paint Valley has been solid. What recommendations do you have for West Jefferson (considering their location) to help be more conducive to do that? Also keeping in mind you make your schedules 3-5 years in advance.

IMO, the RRs are just in a weird location for a schedule like your eluding to. My WLS Tigers should 1,000,000% be scheduling MAC schools every year if they want to compete at the state level. But they're an hour away, whereas West Jefferson is closer to 1.5-2 hours.
West Jeff will have to drive 2 hours one way to play a team of similar size that will truly test them

Paint Valley is fine IMO, but they would benefit greatly from playing London and Jonathan Alder

Mason Book and Austin Buescher were honored tonight at the varsity basketball game for their first team all Ohio football honors. #RoughriderFootball #OnlyChampionsPlayHere
FB_IMG_1706319631577.jpg

Saw this stat: College Football D1 Programs currently with the most Consecutive Winning Seasons:

Boise State - 26
Wisconsin - 22
Oklahoma State - 18
Alabama - 17
Clemson - 13
Georgia - 13
Ohio State - 12
Iowa - 11
Utah - 10
Memphis - 10
James Madison - 10

*** West Jefferson - 42 consecutive winning seasons between 1958 to 1999

If any WJ fan has noticed the home stands on the football field, the old seats coming off, new aluminum seats will be going in, paid for by the Gean Keel Estate, will get some pictures soon,

Making a nice stadium even nicer. West Jeff does not seem to have any problems with money for their athletic facilities. That is a blessing that most schools don't have.

Last edited:
WJ in 2025 does add Newark Catholic week 1 and then Amanda CC week 2 or that might be vice verse sasa.
Both teams will be on the rise and should be really good match ups for both programs.
Still not the power match ups that WJ needs for the post season but a start.
I would like to see them add London and Alder to the schedule.
But, either of those teams, it would not help them in points but help them in playoff terms.
204 days!

WJ in 2025 does add Newark Catholic week 1 and then Amanda CC week 2 or that might be vice verse sasa.
Both teams will be on the rise and should be really good match ups for both programs.
But, either of those teams, it would not help them in points but help them in playoff terms.
204 days!
WJ should be playing London and Alder more often. Madison Plains should be a yearly game.

Remember, WJ is still the ONLY OHC school to beat a MAC school yet!

204 days!
That is still a huge step up from Africentic and Paint Valley. They get point from Paint Valley because they play in an awful league but have any of the games been competitive?

That is still a huge step up from Africentic and Paint Valley. They get point from Paint Valley because they play in an awful league but have any of the games been competitive?

WJ-Paint Valley have played 3 times thus far with WJ winning all 3 by 2-3 td’s. PV has gone into the last two games vs WJ having lost a key player the week before. Seeing the PV stadium & the setting, well worth scheduling them. Afrocentric was a one score game last year, they were the 2nd or 3rd best city league team. WJ will not see team speed like that and I believe Afrocentric has a DE returning who is getting D1 looks.

Newark Catholic will be a great Central Ohio series. Amanda CC is not the program they were with Coach Hinton, the pay to play really set them back. Still, AC is a storied program.

WJ under Coach Buescher has played non-conference games vs Jackson (4 times), Bishop Ready (2 times) Jonathan Alder (2 times), Marion Local ( 2 times) and before going into the OHC opened with Mechanicsburg for 10+ years. WJ has scrimmage Bloom Carroll in the past and has been scrimmaging London recently, those two schools definitely prepare you for the regular season. Could the non conference schedule be tougher, sure but however Coach Buescher wants to run/schedule the program is fine by me.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Grandview & Bishop Ready as non league opponents. Close and each has history with WJ.

Last edited:
WJ should be playing London and Alder more often. Madison Plains should be a yearly game.
No. You don’t win as many games playing against good teams. West Jeff would rather beat their chest beating JV teams disguised as varsity teams. Non league schedule has been like this for a while.