2024 Coventry Comets Football

Coventry Sports fan.

Happy New Year!

Hoping for a better year for the Comets. Last year was abysmal, and was Coventry’s worst season in years. Don’t think many people are expecting a winning record from a program who is historically subpar, but two-four wins seems to be realistic. Coventry only had a few seniors, so unless kids outright quit or transfer, Coventry is set to return the majority of their starters. Coventry’s out of conference schedule features teams the Comets haven’t played in years, with old next door rival Manchester week 1, then Rittman and Chippewa in the following weeks. Rich Smith is still the head coach, despite me seeing Coventry as a school who was supposedly looking for a new coach a few months ago.

Happy New Year!

Hoping for a better year for the Comets. Last year was abysmal, and was Coventry’s worst season in years. Don’t think many people are expecting a winning record from a program who is historically subpar, but two-four wins seems to be realistic. Coventry only had a few seniors, so unless kids outright quit or transfer, Coventry is set to return the majority of their starters. Coventry’s out of conference schedule features teams the Comets haven’t played in years, with old next door rival Manchester week 1, then Rittman and Chippewa in the following weeks. Rich Smith is still the head coach, despite me seeing Coventry as a school who was supposedly looking for a new coach a few months ago.
Winnable games in the OOC schedule is a good place to start.

Happy New Year!

Anybody know if they're going to resurrect the old Battle of Route 93 Trophy for the Manchester game? As a Manchester alum who grew up just two streets over from the Manchester-Coventry school district border and knew a lot of Coventry guys, that was always a fun one.

Anybody know if they're going to resurrect the old Battle of Route 93 Trophy for the Manchester game? As a Manchester alum who grew up just two streets over from the Manchester-Coventry school district border and knew a lot of Coventry guys, that was always a fun one.
I certainly hope so!

Smoove in tha HOUSE!! Can Smoove get an "AYY--MENN!!"" Up in here??!!
Soove agreeifies with anyone up for bringin' back tha rivalry game with 'Chester, yo! I don't know if they know where the trophy be, though. Smoove had heard it might of gotted buried either when the new COventry school was builted, or just when they started the new 'Chester building.....Smoove not privyy to this knowledgification, but it would be a positivity to know where that is.

Smovoe hope all y'all had some happy happy holidays with familee and friendz. Smoove did. Smoove put a serious hurtin' on Smoove's liver the last 2 weeks, y'all. Smoove was up one night at 3AM talkin' to Smoove's liver....yep, you hearded that righteouslyness right. Smoove was talkin' to Smoove's liver about needin' it to work harder, more efficiently, and quit bein' a, well, let's see how Smoove can put this so Smoove don't get launchified right into Yappi space.....ummm, unarousified part of the female particularness. Smoove was up for 2 hours makin' deals with Smoove's liver,
"Come, on, yo! Smoove will give you tomorrow off from workin' hard if ou can put in a full day work right about now in 1 hours time..."
"Yo, Liver, Smoove needifies you to work like a Whirlpool washing machine and cleanse Smoove's innerds..."
"Smoove promises to eat a salad if you, sweet, lovely liver will performate for Smoove right now.."
Smoove believifies that the last one workated because within 20 minutes of makin' that promise, Smoove felt better and was able to get a little bit of sleep. Happy New Year, Yappsters! Smoove is all in the Glory and Happiness again in 2024.
Smoove's tag line for thre Mighty Comets for this year is gonna be:

"Win one more in 2024!" That would be 2 wins and Smoove knows that ain't great, but it will be better than last Fall and these boys gonna get better. They gonna be hittin' the weights, hittin' the books, and workin' harder than ever to not have a season like last. Go get 'em, Comets!
Smoove out!

Assuming this goes through Coventry and Springfield will be the only two teams in the Metro to not have turf. I have no clue in either remaining school is planning on getting turf. Both have a history of financial issues.
IMG_3360.png

Join Rootstown, Mogadore, Southeast and Manchester to form New league. Close travel, established rivalries too.

Nope. There is a reason why they left the Portage Trail Conference. They will not go back to something like that. The Metro has stability. Manchester likes where they are. How would Coventry joining a new league with Mogadore help our football? It wouldn’t. Maybe Mogadore should apply membership to a new league. They are partly in Summit County anyway.

Last edited:
Nope. There is a reason why they left the Portage Trail Conference. They will not go back to something like that. The Metro has stability. Manchester likes where they are. How would Coventry joining a new league with Mogadore help football? It wouldn’t. Maybe Mogadore should apply membership to a new league. They are partly in Summit County anyway.
yeah I think Mog should join the PAC

Tried. We're denied by 2 schools.

Maybe because the PAC already has 8 schools. Don’t get me wrong. I hope there is a place for Mogadore and Rootstown. Sad about Portage County. Most of the schools in the county are everywhere in other leagues. The Portage County League at one time was awesome in its day. It lasted like forever.

Last edited:
Smoove like the idea of Coventry joinifying with Moggy. Mogadorians would love to participate in Smoove's halftime and pre-game shenaniganations. And there is some crazee chickies in Mogadore, Smoove knows it cuz Smoove have experienced the witnessation of it first handified!!
1706578727552.png

For the 1st two…the Akron City series might be the only local league where they might be more competitive
I can’t speak confidently on Springfield’s other sports besides football, but I do think they would have a chance to be more competitive in the city series playing teams like North and Ellet every year. Springfields program is in bad shape though, and I could see them going at best 1-2 wins a year in conference play at least in the first few years if they were to join the city series.
While Coventry is far from a great program, last season was one of the worst seasons in decades. Coventry can typically get 2-4 wins a year. I do know the kids not playing winter sports have been in the weight room since December working hard for the upcoming season.