Mentor Football 2024

As MG2002 had stated multiple times over the years, St. Ed’s are mercenaries, a mini-college and take players from Mentor and 7 counties. He’s not interested in this matchup.
You forgot that they are a Catholic school who have less Catholic players probably than Mentor on their football team ..but yeah the rest is accurate

Now back to your thread. I don't pop into your eds team thread to trash eds but if you want to pick at me here, I damn sure will fight back and say how I feel about your school and how they do things

I don't schedule for Mentor. If they want that game, I don't care. I just won't go

You forgot that they are a Catholic school who have less Catholic players probably than Mentor on their football team ..but yeah the rest is accurate

Now back to your thread. I don't pop into your eds team thread to trash eds but if you want to pick at me here, I damn sure will fight back and say how I feel about your school and how they do things

I don't schedule for Mentor. If they want that game, I don't care. I just won't go
Thanks MG. I know you had a rough year arguing with several different posters throughout the year, while maintaining that Mentor is a closed district school, even on other threads and not the sacred Mentor thread, where only Mentor followers are aloud to post. You also managed to argue with other Mentor posters throughout the year regarding coaching, players, etc. I hope you are happier next year! Happy new year.

Did you go to St Eds? I mean you can't even spell "allowed" correctly so I wonder. Unless you're one of the athletes they lowered their standards for or something .🤣

Glad I'm in your head to monitor my posts so much. I don't really pay much attention to yours as you never add much of anything, but I appreciate you keeping up

Debates will happen on message boards. If I'm arguing with someone, they are also arguing with me ..

Others are "allowed" to post here, but you guys just do it to start stuff. I don't do that in your thread

But yeah you can go f yourself with your fake bs. Pretty to the point
You’re one of my favorite posters along with Brian. You really bring so much entertainment when you complain non-stop about the same things over and over! 😂

Keep up the good work and remember, it’s just high school football.

You’re one of my favorite posters along with Brian. You really bring so much entertainment when you complain non-stop about the same things over and over! 😂

Keep up the good work and remember, it’s just high school football.
Again, your obsession is noted. It was one of your fellow eds guys who brought them up. I simply said no thanks. Nothing was brought up on eds in great detail until your pea brain decided to run your mouth.

You probably didn't even go there. If you did, they failed with your education

Also it's very easy to not bring up disparities when your school cheats so much and recruits dirty to win . The Dodgers don't complain about payroll disparity in the same way. I bet a lot of your eds group are Guardians fans and bring that up a lot

Why does it matter if the kids are Catholic? They’re going to a HIGH SCHOOL to better their lives whether academically, and or athletically, and or socially.

Last edited:
Why does it matter if the kids are Catholic? They’re going to a HIGH SCHOOL to better their lives whether academically, and or athletically, and or socially?
Why doesn't it matter if they are Catholic? What is the point of being a Catholic school if you are just recruiting kids who aren't a part of that religion to win at sports ?

Anyways, you guys have trolled enough. Move on. Nobody cares about Eds here

And unless your school is stepping up to play them, we don't need outside advice on scheduling them more

Mentor doesn't need to play two mini colleges. You can research Eds schedule the last 15 years and see how many times each public school has scheduled them. Mentor is high on the list. Your school doesn't schedule private schools

So tell your school to schedule them and worry about your own program. Completely disingenuous to act like Mentor needs both Cleveland big school privates on their schedule when your school avoids them and others

Other D1 publics can take their turn. And your school can schedule them or schools like Hoban and TCC if you want to run your mouth
And to be fair, Mentor cannot even beat Painesville Riverside so what hope would they have playing Ed’s?

We can make a run this year if everyone stays healthy. Coughlin back , Farley and Dominic burns both very solid RB’s as Jr’s with a solid line. Some of these Sr. linemen that didn’t play this year will be solid, Ben McWilliams comes to mind as a super solid guard/center replacement.

Wr’s will be super scary, all seniors, Hodge with a ton of offers , I am hearing VanHuss may be getting DI offers in the off season (I know he is meeting with a lot of DI schools ) , if that is true when was the last time Mentor had an offense with 5 DI prospects on it? I don’t know if that ever happened ? Maybe I’m wrong.

Defense front 7 will be very good IMHO. I’m a little nervous about secondary this year but there are some athletes that may see some movement from the offense to the defensive side that will help. This should be a good season.

Only 3 home games sucks though for sure.
Could be 4 home games but yeah that isn't good. Sucks for the seniors next year

Good to hear about the defense. Missed this post before but that is encouraging. The offense is anticipated to improve so we will see what happens

If Option A (Riverside), B and C (Massillon or McKinley) don’t pan out, then I’m good with Mentor entertaining a one year deal with St Eds at Mentor. But there are far more disadvantages than advantages when it comes to scheduling St Eds in 2024.

Riverside is still open. I wonder what they are waiting for before they get desperate enough to schedule Mentor? Riverside has a drop off in talent after the past two years. Besides a big gate in another home and home series, there aren’t a lot of advantages for Riverside to choose Mentor to fill their opening. I hope it works out though.

Why doesn't it matter if they are Catholic? What is the point of being a Catholic school if you are just recruiting kids who aren't a part of that religion to win at sports ?

Anyways, you guys have trolled enough. Move on. Nobody cares about Eds here

And unless your school is stepping up to play them, we don't need outside advice on scheduling them more
No troll, just legit asked a question. I’m not Catholic but my son attended a Catholic school K-8 for a better education. There are non-Catholic kids at St. Edward that don’t play sports, do you have issue with them as well? Back to football, Mentor should be in a battle with Medina for 2nd in the GCC in 2024.

No troll, just legit asked a question. I’m not Catholic but my son attended a Catholic school K-8 for a better education. There are non-Catholic kids at St. Edward that don’t play sports, do you have issue with them as well? Back to football, Mentor should be in a battle with Medina for 2nd in the GCC in 2024.
You must be a Heights fan because the battle will be for the conference. Heights was lucky last year having our QB Fox missing the game which you had to win by 1 in OT

You must be a Heights fan because the battle will be for the conference. Heights was lucky last year having our QB Fox missing the game which you had to win by 1 in OT
One could say Mentor was lucky playing a one dimensional Heights offense, everyone knew Davis was getting the ball and he still went off. Also with Fox you guys lost several games so not sure your point. That said, that’s why they play the games.

One could say Mentor was lucky playing a one dimensional Heights offense, everyone knew Davis was getting the ball and he still went off. Also with Fox you guys lost several games so not sure your point. That said, that’s why they play the games.
Well that's your offense....it wasn't vastly different because of an injury to the fricken QB. By far the most important player in the Mentor system

Heights should win a region before they act like they are a power. Couldn't even get by Medina in the rematch so can't see how you can call them an overwhelming favorite. Besides you being a homer of course

Well that's your offense....it wasn't vastly different because of an injury to the fricken QB. By far the most important player in the Mentor system

Heights should win a region before they act like they are a power. Couldn't even get by Medina in the rematch so can't see how you can call them an overwhelming favorite. Besides you being a homer of course
I never used the word overwhelming and yes that was the offense with last season’s QB. My point about the QB is Mentor lost games with him. Medina game was disgustingly defensively, yuk. No homer, just believe in what Stephens is building.

I never used the word overwhelming and yes that was the offense with last season’s QB. My point about the QB is Mentor lost games with him. Medina game was disgustingly defensively, yuk. No homer, just believe in what Stephens is building.
Saying Mentor and Medina will battle for second makes it seem like a forgone conclusion that Heights will win the GCC.

That of course isn't true except from a Heights homer point of view. Medina already knocked you guys off your temporary perch.

Again you guys should win a region before you start strutting like you are some power

Davis didn’t go off against Mentor. 111 yards on 27 carries was maybe his lowest output of the season. Defensively, the Cards did a really good job. The offense was just too dependent on Fox. When he went down, the offense suffered. If he was healthy, Mentor would’ve won easily the way their defense played that day.

Davis is a great player and he will be a very difficult obstacle for Mentor in 2024. But I still feel good about Mentor’s chances to win the league. Heights/Mentor should decide it.

Davis didn’t go off against Mentor. 111 yards on 27 carries was maybe his lowest output of the season. Defensively, the Cards did a really good job. The offense was just too dependent on Fox. When he went down, the offense suffered. If he was healthy, Mentor would’ve won easily the way their defense played that day.

Davis is a great player and he will be a very difficult obstacle for Mentor in 2024. But I still feel good about Mentor’s chances to win the league. Heights/Mentor should decide it.
Agree on all points. And I mess thinking about Davis’s first game against Medina, thanks for fact checking that. Medina should be in the mix too I would think.

Week 3 St. Edward @ Mentor. Get it done.
I had a little inkling that my schedule suggestion wouldn't be universally liked.

I am not affiliated with the school other than being a long-time-ago grad. However, I still see it like it was when I was there. An outstanding organization that has incredibly good and decent employees turning out fine young men. So I tend to dismiss the seething hate on message boards lol.

I had a little inkling that my schedule suggestion wouldn't be universally liked.

I am not affiliated with the school other than being a long-time-ago grad. However, I still see it like it was when I was there. An outstanding organization that has incredibly good and decent employees turning out fine young men. So I tend to dismiss the seething hate on message boards lol.
You didn't just have an inkling. You and your fanbase do it every year to start stuff. And you are a mod who trolls. Then you delete posts you dont like and give your fellow Eds fans free reign.

I don't start stuff in your team thread. That's for you guys and I don't interfere.

I don't like your school's athletic programs . Think how they do things is trash. But I don't start stuff on here with your fans. Your fans like to start stuff multiple times each year.

Again I don't schedule for Mentor. I wouldn't associate with your school if I had a say. I simply won't go if Eds is scheduled. I'm sure the 200 eds fans who come to Mentor arent a good gate but who knows if desperate times will be needed.

Our schedule is already bad so I can't put it off as having no shot

Last edited:
My suggestion of St. Edward - Mentor stands. I understand that Mentor likely does not want it, but from the Eagles side, they would want any of the top Region 1 schools. If not Mentor, then McK, Medina, Cleveland Hts.

Instigate? I suggested a matchup. You post the way you post. You'll get zero respect from me for that.
You know it'll bring your fanbase in here to start stuff. Stop being naive. So then pea brained guys like eagle pride will shoot his mouth off and such and away we go...

I simply said "no thanks" to brush it off because you guys bring this up every year despite knowing Mentor wants nothing to do with Eds . They are a desperation schedule at this point and again you know that. But it's inevitable that your fanboys won't let it go ...

Shove it on the respect stuff. I don't care about if any eds guys like me. Don't respect you either.

I'd prefer to never deal with any of you , but again your fanbase likes to instigate

Last edited:
Mentor doesn't need to play two mini colleges. You can research Eds schedule the last 15 years and see how many times each public school has scheduled them. Mentor is high on the list. Your school doesn't schedule private schools

So tell your school to schedule them and worry about your own program. Completely disingenuous to act like Mentor needs both Cleveland big school privates on their schedule when your school avoids them and others

Other D1 publics can take their turn. And your school can schedule them or schools like Hoban and TCC if you want to run your mouth
My son's team played Bishop Hartley.

My Alma Mater, from 2001-2003, played a combination of Toledo St. Francis and Central Catholic, Benedictine, Massillon, and St. Ignatius when the Program was at its lowest. It went 5-25(4-6 in 2001) and midst of 6 Head Coaches in 8 years.

1984, played 4 schools that finished 9-1 including beating/handing eventual DI champs only loss

St. Ignatius isn't the 'Cats of old. Not any one's fault Cardinals didn't establish their territory by losing..... TWICE to the Cats. You have the necessary means to play Ed. An Ed squad surely to regress

I ran my mouth. I earned it

My son's team played Bishop Hartley.

My Alma Mater, from 2001-2003, played a combination of Toledo St. Francis and Central Catholic, Benedictine, Massillon, and St. Ignatius when the Program was at its lowest. It went 5-25(4-6 in 2001) and midst of 6 Head Coaches in 8 years.

1984, played 4 schools that finished 9-1 including beating/handing eventual DI champs only loss

St. Ignatius isn't the 'Cats of old. Not any one's fault Cardinals didn't establish their territory by losing..... TWICE to the Cats. You have the necessary means to play Ed. An Ed squad surely to regress

I ran my mouth. I earned it
Nobody cares about an outsiders opinion on who we schedule. Where did you and your son go though ?

I'm betting the Hartley game was playoffs. That's forced. I was talking scheduled games ,.

Again , show me the Ohio public schools who have scheduled Eds more than Mentor? Others can take their turn .

Nobody cares about an outsiders opinion on who we schedule. Where did you and your son go though ?

I'm betting the Hartley game was playoffs. That's forced. I was talking scheduled games ,.

Again , show me the Ohio public schools who have scheduled Eds more than Mentor? Others can take their turn .
Hartley was Week 5, 2021. Wrong again, slick

Kid went to Norwalk. Me, Fremont Ross

Last edited:
Hartley was Week 5, 2021. Wrong again, slick

Kid went to Norwalk. Me, Fremont Ross
Well that's why you don't know the eds scheduling history and region 1

Do yourself a favor and look back at eds schedules and what publics schedule them. Then you will see that Mentor has done their share and others can take their turn.

Neither of those schools for you or your son are playing the big school privates like Mentor. You still can't talk as if it's the same frequency because it isn't close. Hartley is a d3 private that is nothing like an eds or Moeller. And your kids school went 1-9 so they were a cupcake on the schedule that hartley prob used as filler one time..

Mentor even played St X and Moeller for home and homes as well

Well that's why you don't know the eds scheduling history and region 1

Do yourself a favor and look back at eds schedules and what publics schedule them. Then you will see that Mentor has done their share and others can take their turn.

Neither of those schools for you or your son are playing the big school privates like Mentor. You still can't talk as if it's the same frequency because it isn't close. Hartley is a d3 private that is nothing like an eds or Moeller. And your kids school went 1-9 so they were a cupcake on the schedule that hartley prob used as filler one time..

Mentor even played St X and Moeller for home and homes as well
I'm well aware Mentor playing both Cleveland big school Parochials. Just like I was well aware Mentor's History when you claimed Program was mediocre for decades prior to Triv. I had you set up.

Goodness, why wouldn't Norwalk or Ross play big school Privates? One is Division III with 350 boys, snd latter Division II with 400. Actually, Ross didn't play Central Catholic for 1st time in over 10 years. Not private, but still played Findlay, Perrysburg, and Whitmer; all over 250 more boys.

Mentor with over 800 boys; you're bigger than Ed.