Central Buckeye Conference 2022

FB_IMG_1667010095889.jpg

Do you know of any disenfranchised children/families that have sat down with those schools stating their interest in attending that school and their inability to pay for it? I have seen first hand schools bend over backwards to work with families of all incomes regardless of whether they run a 4.5 or if they can’t walk and chew gum at the same time but are good students and citizens. Vouchers cover $7500. There are now income levels to additional assistance through the voucher program as well. These schools have endowments and work study programs for the parents and students. If the will is there a way can be found.
I sincerely think a vast majority of “recruiting” or “cherry picking” that takes place is more of athletes being attracted to program success and the opportunity to be surrounded by similarly dedicated athletes. I highly doubt the Jordans are combing the state with sales pitches to prospective wrestlers.
I can completely understand a highly dedicated football player wanting to play for a similarly dedicated football program that offers more discipline system wide, a chance to compete for a state championship, and routinely has big name college coaches roaming the hallways.
I don’t know that all privates operate the same but I’m certain that almost all of them have the same funds and endowments available to tuba players as they do football players.
The answer to your question is. YES. done with this and lets move on to support the rest of CBC schools that will play in week 12. I'm sorry that somewhere along the line you were hurt with this conference but you deal with Columbus Catholic and we hillbillies in our little piece of Ohio will deal with ours.

Let us go in peace

The answer to your question is. YES. done with this and lets move on to support the rest of CBC schools that will play in week 12. I'm sorry that somewhere along the line you were hurt with this conference but you deal with Columbus Catholic and we hillbillies in our little piece of Ohio will deal with ours.

Let us go in peace
Sounds good. I was never hurt btw and definitely support most of the CBC schools. Enjoy wrestling season

I didn’t know that. Wow. My time in the CBC was no London but Northeastern and Greenon. Tecumseh was a newbie
the original 6 consisted of:

Greenon
Shawnee
London
Northeastern
Urbana
Bellefontaine

London left and was replaced with the new Kenton Ridge High school after a few years. within the next 13 years, Northwestern and then Tecumseh were added to get to 8 teams. the league looked like this until the great realignment of 2001:

Greenon
Shawnee
Northwestern
Kenton Ridge
Northeastern
Tecumseh
Urbana
Bellefontaine

the original 6 consisted of:

Greenon
Shawnee
London
Northeastern
Urbana
Bellefontaine

London left and was replaced with the new Kenton Ridge High school after a few years. within the next 13 years, Northwestern and then Tecumseh were added to get to 8 teams. the league looked like this until the great realignment of 2001:

Greenon
Shawnee
Northwestern
Kenton Ridge
Northeastern
Tecumseh
Urbana
Bellefontaine
I grew up hearing legends of the great Shawnee team of the late 80’s. One of Dave Perrin’s first with Robert Gause. Went undefeated….beat a previously undefeated Urbana team late in the season and missed the playoffs. I even had a shirt they made hyping that game. One of the all time robberies still talked about in “that little part of Ohio” to this day. I think Urbana may have even made the playoffs that year over Shawnee somehow

Now on to this weeks remaining CBC teams in the playoffs and everyone's thoughts/predictions

KT
London(8-3) @ Bishop Watterson(10-1)
Spring Shawnee(7-4) @ Wyoming(11-0)

MD
Urbana(9-2) H Clinton Massie(6-5)

Now on to this weeks remaining CBC teams in the playoffs and everyone's thoughts/predictions

KT

MD
London in a close one over Bishop Watterson- believe they’re peaking at the right time

Wyoming comfortably over Shawnee- the Cowboys they face in Cincy on friday will be very different than the “cowboys” they’re used to all across clark county

Clinton Massie over Urbana- i’m not sure what to do here. Urbana has surprised me and has some nice athletes but Clinton Massie, coming off a state championship, seems to be hitting their stride. this game will be decided by if Urbana can come close to Massies physicality.

Tecumseh got robbed at the end. Still, shouldn’t have let themselves be in that position.
Two very questionable calls went against Tecumseh. The first was the fumble call on the long pass play when it looked like the receiver was already down and the ground caused the fumble. The second one was on the punt play in the 4th quarter when New Richmond had a short punt. The Tecumseh returner had back away from the ball. As the ball was about to stop, a New Richmond player blocked a Tecumseh player into the ball, and New Richmond recover it. The officials took about 20 minutes to make a call on this play. They even consulted the rule book on it. Maybe OHSAA needs a hotline for officials to call if they don't know. It was just a very bizarre play and it seem liked the officials were completely lost on how to handle it. When in doubt shouldn't the receiving team maintain the ball?

Injuries also impacted the Arrows during the game. A couple of key players went down during the game. I give the players a lot of credit for fighting through the adversity. This game is kind of sums up their season with a lot of missed opportunities.

Yes, it does BUUUTTTT is the initial catch relative to where the foot is in/out of bounds during possession...this photo is a lot different from the first one posted.. During that catch was the foot on the line and slide backwards while momentum was taking his upper body out of bounds. picture #2?
There is a marked difference in the first picture to the one you posted and again, it is perspective to where the foot is at the time of what would be or is the catch. There is a difference to where #82's towel is relative to the ground in the first and second pictures, used as a baseline. The argument for being a catch in picture #1 cannot be made in picture #2, two separate points in time.

I hate this for the CHIEFS but I dont think there would be enough video evidence to overturn the field call in college or NFL game.

My advice, have the receivers wear a half size smaller shoe. cheaper or get pylon cameras which has no basis for over turning a call in HS but would make the argument have teeth one way or another, lol.

Hearing of a scuffle at the Urbana/Graham game..
Urbanas QB got hit late out of bounds on Urbana side and the e kids swarmed the Graham kid. Graham kid that went in to help his teammate our of the pile got double legged out of the pile red threw the flag then latter waved it off. Both teams should have gotten flags. Lasted no more than a minute before it was under control.

Tonight’s game is the epitome of Bellefontaine Football and its Fans. Undisciplined and Penalties and the fans blame the refs because the last play of the game wasn’t called a touchdown to give Bellefontaine the win.
They also say that Fogan was the reason for the loss to London and Granville, but total offense in those 2 games begs to differ that idea with Belle only getting a total of 159 yards 148 passing/11 rushing vs London and then vs Granville 448 total yards 317 passing/131 rushing......sounds like London was the better team regardless of Fogan as Riley Neer is a very good running back and overall player as shown vs Granville. Tough loss to Granville but cannot leave it in the official's hands, ask London all about that last year in the playoffs vs Granville.

I grew up hearing legends of the great Shawnee team of the late 80’s. One of Dave Perrin’s first with Robert Gause. Went undefeated….beat a previously undefeated Urbana team late in the season and missed the playoffs. I even had a shirt they made hyping that game. One of the all time robberies still talked about in “that little part of Ohio” to this day. I think Urbana may have even made the playoffs that year over Shawnee somehow
Yes they did. I'm not sure how they did, but the Braves deserved to be there. So glad we have the expanded playoffs. Cream rises to the top!

Urbanas QB got hit late out of bounds on Urbana side and the e kids swarmed the Graham kid. Graham kid that went in to help his teammate our of the pile got double legged out of the pile red threw the flag then latter waved it off. Both teams should have gotten flags. Lasted no more than a minute before it was under control.
Glad the refs got it under control in a timely manner.

KT

MD
There was only one guaranteed loss last week for the CBC, Graham/Urbana. Great bounce back for the Falcons but just a little bit short. JA tough last two weeks of their season and I am sure they will come back strong next year. North Union was out everything against Coldwater and that was as close to a guaranteed loss as one can get. Tecumseh had some issues last week but overachieved for the season...great job Arrows and Bellefontaine with a 50/50 call on the last play of the game put them into winter sports a little earlier than they had wanted but a good season. Now we are left with three.

London at Watterson - Watterson with some tough wins against Hartley and Granville and London showing a lot of grit over the last four weeks with solid wins. Watterson a 3 seed, London a 6 seed and this should, by all accounts, be a good game. Somehow the whole De Sales, Granville, Tri-Valley, six degrees of separation connecting to London (dont ask me to explain, it hurt my brain just looking at it) has me leaning towards the Eagles in a hard fought low scoring game.

Shawnee at Wyoming - Wyoming giving up 28 points over 11 weeks should say it all. The moral victory here would be for the Braves to score more than 14 and if they do, I doubt they can hold that 40+ point per game offense to a couple of TDs. Cowboys and Braves..🤔

Massie at Urbana - Massie is a 13 seed, Urbana a 5. Would this be an upset if Massie wins this game? Most expect it so really the upset would be for the hometown Climbers taking this one. Regardless of the Climber success they had have had with the avian mascots, these Falcons are of a different feather. This has as much potential to be a low scoring game to a high scoring game to a running clock game. I'll have to take these Falcons in a run away. Urbana, be proud while unfurling that CBC Champion banner in your gym, it was well earned.

Barring any upsets or downsets, this should be my last prognostication for the CBC this year. All did well for this "little part of Ohio"🤣🤣

Wow for those of you who did not like or agree with the All CBC Conference selections, wait until you see the Central District awards......Alder 6-5 (2-3) gets 4 players on the first team and London who is still alive 8-3 (4-1) and blew out Alder only receives 2 first team players.....smh. Let's hope next Tuesday is not this bad

https://www.dispatch.com/story/spor...tball-all-central-district-teams/69609262007/
It’s all politics voted on by people who look at stats and not the film