Playoff Rematches- (Ok I was bored this morning)

12penguins

224 round 1 playoff games coming up. 35 are rematches. Almost 16%
In D1, 13 of the 32 games are rematches. D2 6 of 32 Including two rematches from last week and Region 6 with no rematches. Division3 only has one rematch as Jackson will host Miami Trace. D4 has only 2 rematches, both in Region 13. D5 has 4 rematches. D6 has 4 rematches, 3 of which are in Region 24. D7 has 5 rematches.
Not sure this matters to anyone ( including me). But I would rather figure out a way to not have any until round 2...
Pretty sure I have picked my game this week. D5, Region 20. #7 Greeneview 9-1 hosts #10 Preble Shawnee 7-2. (it is not a rematch)

D6 region 21. Mogadore vs Ravenna Southeast. Met in week 8. Mogadore 47-6 winner. Both in Portage Trail conference.

In D1, 13 of the 32 games are rematches. D2 6 of 32 Including two rematches from last week and Region 6 with no rematches. Division3 only has one rematch as Jackson will host Miami Trace. D4 has only 2 rematches, both in Region 13. D5 has 4 rematches. D6 has 4 rematches, 3 of which are in Region 24. D7 has 5 rematches.
Not sure this matters to anyone ( including me). But I would rather figure out a way to not have any until round 2...
Pretty sure I have picked my game this week. D5, Region 20. #7 Greeneview 9-1 hosts #10 Preble Shawnee 7-2. (it is not a rematch)
For the higher seeds, seeing a familiar foe in a rematch is probably not what you hoped for in most instances.

Region 16 has a rematch Graham vs Urbana not only both CBC schools but also rivals as well

Division V, Region 18, Edison @Huron. They just met last week, a Tiger rout

Also, in this Region, Genoa@'Oak Harbor. Comets handed Rockets their only loss, Week 2

Triad vs West Liberty Salem. Just played in week 10 with Triad winning a close one. Should be a great round 1 game this week!

Watkins Memorial (licking county league) vs Northland (columbus city league) rematch in D2. Watkins won 22-0 with only 7 points scored by the offense in the first meeting.

Dover at Columbus Desales. Regular season game was a 3 overtime game at Dover ,re match is at Desales. Desales won round 1

I'm cool with rematches as long as it was a close game. The 47-6 type game should not be played again. I kind of like the matchups like Massie vs. Unioto although it shows the computer rankings are not at all accurate.

What direction are you coming from to go to Jamestown? i live in Greene County so if you’re coming from further away i can provide some good local recommendations..

Region 7
Westerville South vs Worthington Kilbourne.
Region 3
Grove City vs Hilliard Davidson
Pickerington Central vs Central Crossing

I’m sure there’s more. I didn’t look them all up. With 16 teams now, this will be very common.

I was checking out D4 region 15 and I noticed that if Steubenville and Hartley both win out they will meet round 2 at Big Red. That will definitely be a good game to watch seeing as BR owes Hartley for their back to back state final losses to them in ‘15 and ‘16.

What direction are you coming from to go to Jamestown? i live in Greene County so if you’re coming from further away i can provide some good local recommendations..
Thank you. I am from Beavercreek, so coming from the west. Will probably take old 35 in. Love any i fo you can pass along.

Thank you. I am from Beavercreek, so coming from the west. Will probably take old 35 in. Love any i fo you can pass along.
i’ve eaten at Kelly’s Cafe in Jamestown a couple of times before events at Greeneview.. pretty good food and a small, locally run establishment