Canton Central Catholic Vs Perry

Who wins?

• CCC

• Perry

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrusaderZip0004

This is almost always a good game. I saw Central Thursday against Hillsdale. They were by far the better team. Still made some dumb mistakes. Jack looked pretty good throwing the ball and of course running game was good. I haven’t seen Perry yet though you know what you’re getting with Perry. Will be a tough game for CCC.

I sound like a broken record every year, but no matter what offense or defense you run, 99% of the time it comes down to first & third down efficiency by both teams, turnovers, penalties and special teams play. Go Perry!

Perry vs. Central
Perry leads the series 15-9

PERRY VS. CENTRAL CATHOLIC 1998 - PRESENT
1998 CENTRAL 18-7 - H
1999 PERRY 49-0 - A
2000 PERRY 27-13 - H
2001 CENTRAL 27-14 - A
2002 PERRY 57-0 - H
2003 PERRY 19-14 - A
2004 CENTRAL 21-0 - H
2005 CENTRAL 21-20 OT - A
2006 PERRY 17-7 - H
2007 CENTRAL 35-8 - A
2008 PERRY 28-0 - H
2009 PERRY 21-7 - A
2010 PERRY 37-7 - H
2011 PERRY 22-16 - A
2012 PERRY 31-6 - H
2013 CENTRAL 28-12 - A
2014 CENTRAL 24-13 - H
2015 PERRY 49-17 - A
2016 CENTRAL 19-14 - H
2017 PERRY 21-7 - A
2018 PERRY 28-27 - H
2019 PERRY 42 - 26 - A
2020 PERRY 28-0 - H
2021 CENTRAL 28-27 - A in OT

Central’s record at Perry 4-8
Average points per game over the 24 meetings
Perry 23.3 Central 15.1

I sound like a broken record every year, but no matter what offense or defense you run, 99% of the time it comes down to first & third down efficiency by both teams, turnovers, penalties and special teams play. Go Perry!
After talking with my friend from St.V, I'd be a little concerned if I were a Perry fan

Are the Perry coaches going to keep the corners way off the ball and let Central get 5 to 10 yards on short sideline routes or screen passes all the way down the field all night like last year or are the Perry coaches going to realize, hmm, maybe we should bring our corners up on the WRs?

I was amazed last year that Perry just kept letting Central go right down the field on dinky passes the entire game.

Are the Perry coaches going to keep the corners way off the ball and let Central get 5 to 10 yards on short sideline routes or screen passes all the way down the field all night like last year or are the Perry coaches going to realize, hmm, maybe we should bring our corners up on the WRs?

I was amazed last year that Perry just kept letting Central go right down the field on dinky passes the entire game.
And CC never punted after the first series of the second half

I would go with Perry winning this game, but CCC always plays them tough and Perry seems to come out of the gate slow year after year.

Interesting after talking to a good friend who knows the Irish’s D coordinator, he said Perry is young, but feels they’ll be fine.
Good to hear, I plan on going to the game because it is usually hard fought and tight, but as a poster stated if Perry plays their DB's 10 yards off the ball it's not a good sign with the skill CC has

As much as I would love to see CCC pull this off, I don't know that they are at that level of physicality right now. CCC will have a chance if they are able to hit some big plays and get a couple of stops to not get worn down in the fourth. That being said, I see this being a very close game through the first three or so quarters, with Perry pulling away at the end.

Perry 35
CCC 21

Final Perry 51 CCC 28.
Good luck to the Crusaders the rest of the year. Hard fought game for 2 and 1/2 quarters. Perry started to wear them down and it showed in the fourth. Perry’s offense is better than last year. The defense needs some work, IMO, stuff is fixable, like pursuit angles and tackling.

Final Perry 51 CCC 28.
Good luck to the Crusaders the rest of the year. Hard fought game for 2 and 1/2 quarters. Perry started to wear them down and it showed in the fourth. Perry’s offense is better than last year. The defense needs some work, IMO, stuff is fixable, like pursuit angles and tackling.
CCC will need some serious luck.
Their next 4 games:
Norwayne
South Range
Salem
Alliance (looks like Aviator's are going to be much improved)

Crusaders' have their work cut out for them.

Final Perry 51 CCC 28.
Couldn't agree more, defense needs some work, but it is fixable, only problem I see offensively is the passing scheme, Perry has a young but talented QB and some receivers that can run and catch yea I know he threw 2 TD passes, but no passes over the middle pn crossing routes which btw was their all nite or swing passes to the RB's would be very dangerous to all 3 RB's, I think as the season goes on and the teams get better i.e. Mck, lake , jackson etc they will start double coverage on #2 and #3 if Perry doesn't spread the wealth around but overall a very entertaing game and good win to start the season for Perry