Is it true or do you agree it’s the Presidents job to keep you employed?

Just wondering, when I watch the news, I’ll hear them talking about the “unemployment rate” or “the president needs to create more jobs.”?? I’ve been working for 8 years now and don’t think I needed any government help or the President to look out for me? What’s your opinion? If you’re unemployed or can’t find work, is that the President of the USAs fault you don’t have a job? Or is that the own personal fault they are not employed?

Just wondering, when I watch the news, I’ll hear them talking about the “unemployment rate” or “the president needs to create more jobs.”?? I’ve been working for 8 years now and don’t think I needed any government help or the President to look out for me? What’s your opinion? If you’re unemployed or can’t find work, is that the President of the USAs fault you don’t have a job? Or is that the own personal fault they are not employed?
If there are no businesses you don't have a job. If there are jobs available and you decide you don't want them, that's on you. Everyone in this country thinks they're overqualified to flip burgers...and they're not.

If there are no businesses you don't have a job. If there are jobs available and you decide you don't want them, that's on you. Everyone in this country thinks they're overqualified to flip burgers...and they're not.
IF you have skills you should be increasing your income 15-20% in todays job market. The most dynamic in my career. We can't fill positions. A candidate today was offered a 10K signing bonus, three weeks of vacation....TALENT WAR. Especially in major cities.

I have been looking for work since 2002. Is that the president's fault I have not found work?

No. Just the same, it is not the president who creates jobs.

IF you have skills you should be increasing your income 15-20% in todays job market. The most dynamic in my career. We can't fill positions. A candidate today was offered a 10K signing bonus, three weeks of vacation....TALENT WAR. Especially in major cities.
15-20%?

Many people are doing well to get a 3% wage increase annually.

There's a massive amount of people with no skills who expect handouts or believe their work is worth more than it really is.

Where would they get an idea like that?
Often from enablers such as their mom.

"Your such a good worker, you will have the bosses eye in no time". Then that leads a few days later to, "what ! They fired you? I cant see how? Didn't you go in to work two days last week? They are really missing out on this one."

"Guess you will have to stay on unemployment awhile again. This is not your fault, society is really letting you down. Can't believe they suggested not having finished high school was s problem. Your so smart, you don't need an education. Thank goodness we have Joe in the whitehouse, he will make sure you get your fair share of tax money until you find another job in a few years",

How many well meaning mom's send that kind of message to their kids? Perhaps not that straight forward but the essence of the message is embedded in what they communicate to their kids. Making it difficult for the managers they work for to impress upon them they actually need to develop skills.

The unemployment rate is the one thing uncle Joe and his people crow about so your post is pretty stoopid, hope this helps

Look in a mirror.

15-20%?

Job hopping. Outside promotions and start ups, you’ll almost never get significant increases staying at the same job/company.

Last April I got a similar job and increased my salary by about 25%. Slightly less on the 401k match but all other benefits are similar. Total comp increased about 22%.

"Is it true or do you agree it’s the Presidents job to keep you employed?"

That's a bizarre way to phrase what you're really asking. Are you really asking "should the president be given credit/blame for the unemployment rate?"

Let's remember what unemployment rate truly is, for one. The percentage represents people who are willing, able, and actively looking for work but do not have a job. So if someone truly "does not want to work", they should not be considered "unemployed" as it relates to this statistic.

I do think yes, the president can take responsibility and blame for unemployment rate. However, I get skeptical when they try to take credit for jobs created. You can only take that credit so far. Are they jobs people want? Are they jobs that can be filled? If 100,000 construction jobs all of a sudden get created out of the blue, that would mean there is some need for 100,000 new construction jobs, right? Are there enough unemployed or willing to leave construction workers to fill those? While it can show a commitment to fight outsourcing, I don't think that's necessarily a great measure of economic health.

Incredibly inflationary paradigm, huh ?

That's a bizarre way to phrase what you're really asking. Are you really asking "should the president be given credit/blame for the unemployment rate?"

Let's remember what unemployment rate truly is, for one. The percentage represents people who are willing, able, and actively looking for work but do not have a job. So if someone truly "does not want to work", they should not be considered "unemployed" as it relates to this statistic.

I do think yes, the president can take responsibility and blame for unemployment rate. However, I get skeptical when they try to take credit for jobs created. You can only take that credit so far. Are they jobs people want? Are they jobs that can be filled? If 100,000 construction jobs all of a sudden get created out of the blue, that would mean there is some need for 100,000 new construction jobs, right? Are there enough unemployed or willing to leave construction workers to fill those? While it can show a commitment to fight outsourcing, I don't think that's necessarily a great measure of economic health.
I have made an error in a thread title. Non-mods cannot edit titles once posted.

Good job, though, checking grammar. You are awesome

Here is the deal with the official “unemployment rate” as it is presented in the news today. It is a grossly incomplete and misleading metric, because of a few basic facts.

If you have never worked in employment that pays into some state unemployment compensation insurance fund, you are invisible to this metric.

If you have used up all of your unemployment benefits and still have no job you are invisible to this metric.

If you go back to work, have not yet accumulated enough time at work to be eligible for benefits again, like 26 weeks or something, and get laid off again, you are invisible to this metric.

now the fact is, when the federal government adds $600 a week to even a single young worker who only gets $300 a week on unemployment, a greater number of people tend to use up all of their unemployment.

Stats like “workforce participation” are a lot more meaningful, especially parsed out by age.

15-20%?

You need to be willing to leave your current employer and maybe even move locations. If you are, you will likely find many opportunities that will immediately improve your annual income by 10-20%. I don't begrudge anybody for not wanting to do that. They have just made a choice to take whatever their existing employer is willing to pay them for other reasons. If that is your choice, fine but just know that people are easily out earning even the heightened inflation we experienced in the last year. The good news is that your income rarely ever goes backward and this inflation is already moderated. These people will be in even better shape a year from now.

It’s my job to keep myself employed.

Its the government (state, local, federal, President/congress) to make the economy open as possible to encourage economic growth.
Well if that is how it is, (state, local, federal, President/congress) are hitting home runs right now. We have never seen better employment opportunities for workers.

This is the true driver of inflation.

the Gubberment should not put so much regualtions and taxes on companies to prevent companies from NOT hiring more people

Excuse you? Did you not just witness me post “I’ve been working for 8 years now”?? If I was unemployed, maybe I’d see your point. I have no reason to look in the mirror or blame anyone? I know I have a steady good job thank you very much!
Wasn't talking about you in particular but people in general who blame everyone but themselves for their misfortunates.