Most Surprising/Disappointing Teams

From Summit County, I'd list Hoban as the most surprising team. I'm not sure many people saw them making as deep a tournament run as they did. I certainly didn't see that coming.

From Stark County, I'd suggest Canton McKinley. They graduated pretty much everyone and were basically a team of underclassmen. With all the distractions that surrounded that program, I think they had an excellent season and I think the coach did an excellent job. Far better than expected.

From Summit County, I'd list Hoban as the most surprising team. I'm not sure many people saw them making as deep a tournament run as they did. I certainly didn't see that coming.

From Stark County, I'd suggest Canton McKinley. They graduated pretty much everyone and were basically a team of underclassmen. With all the distractions that surrounded that program, I think they had an excellent season and I think the coach did an excellent job. Far better than expected.

Was able to run into Coach Vlajkovich a couple times this year. So great to see him and his family! Very happy for his success at McKinley!

Last edited:
Good luck Coach. Expectations might be too high, but it is McKinley.

It doesn't seem like it's 2005-06 in Canton, but that was a special time down there. I'm sure that V will continue to make the most out of his talent. He always does!