Week 13: D-III Region 9 Semi-Final #4 Canfield Cardinals (11-1) vs #1 Chardon Hilltoppers (12-0)

Who wins this rematch from week 10 last year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does Chardon have open enrollment?? Canfield does not and probably never will. Just a question not taking a shot

Chardon is just going to be too much in this game. Canfield is tough but Chardon wins 28-14.

I believe their competitive balance number is 0, although I’m not sure if it’s open enrollment.
CANFIELD, Ohio - A Mahoning County school district has approved open enrollment. ... The district currently has open enrollment for grades kindergarten through sixth grade for students who live in districts surrounding South Range.
1636722170013.png

https://www.wfmj.com › story › sou...

South Range School District approves open enrollment

CANFIELD, Ohio - A Mahoning County school district has approved open enrollment. ... The district currently has open enrollment for grades kindergarten through sixth grade for students who live in districts surrounding South Range.
View attachment 23429
https://www.wfmj.com › story › sou...

South Range School District approves open enrollment

I was referring to Chardon since that was the question asked. Out of curiosity I looked it up. The remaining 4 teams enrollment are

Kenston 364 (0 CB)
Dover 358 (353 +5 CB)
Chardon 342 (0 CB)
Canfield 321 (0CB)

I actually do not know if we do or not…..? That’s just another excuse for losing a game that has not happened yet…….. Poor…..
Have no ties to either team. For being such a cheerleader you would think you'd know if your school had open enrollment or not. Additionally the poster stated he was just curious.

Who cares? You think we get talented kids from Ledgmont, Middlefield, Burton, Berkshire, Newbury……? Dumb.
Does Chardon have open enrollment?? Canfield does not and probably never will. Just a question not taking a shot
I’ll entertain excuses already being made, not sure why?! Chardon does have limited open enrollment. 70 kids from K-12 are on open enrollment. Many of those kids are in elementary. Chardons extremely small High School holds grades 8 through 12 which doesn’t allow for many openings. I hope that answers your question.

I’ll entertain excuses already being made, not sure why?! Chardon does have limited open enrollment. 70 kids from K-12 are on open enrollment. Many of those kids are in elementary. Chardons extremely small High School holds grades 8 through 12 which doesn’t allow for many openings. I hope that answers your question.
I have no questions….. At all….. Don’t usually predict a score for the games but for tonight I have CHARDON -38
Canfield just please show up!

You’ve committed an unforgivable sin-made me seriously consider rooting for Canfield
Go for it!!!!! You can be just like me and all the other NON-Student athlete commenters on here who’s opinion on this form means nothing on the field of play. Simple banter looking in from the outside. Community boasting if you will! Pride in which you have nothing to do with……. Best of luck honestly to all student athletes still playing this week! I truly mean it!

Go for it!!!!! You can be just like me and all the other NON-Student athlete commenters on here who’s opinion on this form means nothing on the field of play. Simple banter looking in from the outside. Community boasting if you will! Pride in which you have nothing to do with……. Best of luck honestly to all student athletes still playing this week! I truly mean it!
Okay. I can appreciate that. But, but I still cannot forgive you for giving me the urge to root for Canfield. ?

Chardon wins 49-14
That score might not be that far off "IF" Chardon can contain Canfield's QB. He's at least 85% of Canfield's total offense. Their RB has under 600 yards total for the entire season.

Hubbard tried to stay in Canfield's QB's face, and at one time he had 7 straight incomplete passes.

Good luck to both teams tonight, hoping for an injury free game.

That score might not be that far off "IF" Chardon can contain Canfield's QB. He's at least 85% of Canfield's total offense. Their RB has under 600 yards total for the entire season.

Hubbard tried to stay in Canfield's QB's face, and at one time he had 7 straight incomplete passes.

Hubbard’s D in the 2nd half was great.

Chardon Staff are masters at motivation. I love so much about how they run a football program!!

One fanbase already making excuses.
The other looking for extra motivation to play in a playoff regional semi.

If the players attitudes are any reflection of the Yappi fanbase attitudes this game is over.

Hopefully someone, anyone is telling them Canfield kids they have a chance to win. Might as well forfeit if you think you have no chance.

Mentally it would seem this game is already a fire gone conclusion. Hopefully the Canfield players don’t listen to or read these boards. But you know some do.
Football really simple at it core. BLOCKING & TACKLING.
Beating the man in front of you.

Good Luck to both teams. Hope it’s a good showing and spirited contest with effort , pride, intelligence and integrity.

Will Canfield be complacent with just another playoff appearance?
Or can they be the ‘14 Buckeyes beating Alabama or the 02’ Buckeyes beating Miami?
No one is making excuses and no one is looking for extra motivation in a regional semifinal game. Read what people write instead of reading to come to your own conclusion.

Chardon vs. Canfield football: Preview capsule for Nov. 12 playoff game​

By JOHN KAMPF (News Herald)
(1) Chardon vs. (4) Canfield
What:
Division III, Region 9 semifinal
When: 7 p.m., Nov. 12
Where: Girard Arrowhead Stadium, 201 S. Highland, Girard
Records: Chardon 12-0, Canfield 11-1
Last week: Chardon def. Streetsboro, 63-7, Canfield def. Hubbard, 21-7
On deck: Winner advances to the regional championship game against the winner of Kenston and Dover
For the record: This is a rematch of a regional championship game last year, which Chardon won, 38-6. Suffice to say, Canfield has not forgotten. Canfield’s lone loss this season was in Week 2 to Dover, 21-14. Dover is undefeated and plays Kenston in the other Region 9 semifinal on Nov. 12. Canfield has outscored the opposition by an average of 32-7 per game. Chardon’s margin this year has been 41-7. … Canfield’s run defense was spectacular last week in a 21-7 win over Hubbard, holding RB TC Caffey (233 yards per game) to 61 yards rushing on 19 carries. Offensively, QB Brock Lowry is one of the best around. He has thrown for more than 1,600 yards and 15 touchdowns, while rushing for 750 yards and 12 scores. RB Mike Caldwell ran for 78 yards and two TDs last week against Hubbard. … Chardon’s defense has been strong all year, too. A week ago, the Hilltoppers led, 49-0, at the half and cruised from there. Heath Fetchik (71), Brody Dotson (69) and Nathanael Sulka (67) lead on tackles, but as a unit this group has been smothering. Containing Lowry is a must if Chardon is to win. Finding a way to run this week is key, too, because Canfield was so good defending the run last week. Can Alex Henry and Sean Carr break loose against that tough Canfield D?
Capsule Preview from Tribune Chronicle:
Friday's Playoff Capsules
Staff report
Division III, Region 9
#1-Chardon (12-0) vs. #4-Canfield (11-1)
Where: Girard's Arrowhead Stadium
When: Friday, 7 p.m.
Winner plays: Winner of 2-Dover/3-Chagrin Falls Kenston

The Skinny:
T
he Hilltoppers knocked off the Cardinals in the playoffs a year ago but the Cardinals have bounced back and are on a roll, winning their past 10 games, including their most recent, a 21-7 win over No. 5 Hubbard and star running back T.C. Caffey.
But Chardon, the defending Division III champion will be their toughest task yet. But, junior quarterback Broc Lowry is a year older and more experienced than he was last season and the Cardinals offense has scored 35 points or more in eight of their 11 wins this season.
The Hilltoppers also know how to find the end zone and while they've cruised to an undefeated record, they've also outscored their opponents 491-82.
Chardon won the turnover battle 3-0 last season and Canfield coach Mike Pavlansky said that will be the key for the Cardinals this season.

Source: “Tribune Chronicle”, Warren, OH, Friday, 12 September 2021, Pg B1

You can tell he has a lot of respect for Chardon

Looking forward to watching QB Broc Lowry play tonight. He stood out to me as a potential D1 prospect in last years playoff game at Chardon. Looks like I was spot on about that. After watching some of his highlights online, I really love the way he plays the game. I also love that Matt Campbell is heavily recruiting our Region, deservedly so! Broc will be the best player on the field but I don’t feel that will be enough. I like Chardon in this one 41-17, too much defense!

They did have a common opponent in Ursuline…..
If you wanna use that logic then Canfield is better than Chardon lol. Chardon is better than Fitch because Fitch would not stop their offense, not very good against the run. I’m sure if Ursuline put up 27 then Fitch could probably put up 3-4 TD’s, but Chardon still probably 2 TD’s better.