Glenoak (1-0) @ Massillon (0-1) PART 2

and here is where Massillon likely has woken up and will begin to separate themselves

12-0 Masssillon 0:12 seconds left in the 1st half.

I just hope GlenOak continues to make them work for it.

No disrespect to Glenoak at all, but Massillon should be way ahead in this one. Like I said terrible game plan and play calling. I can’t remember when Massillon was this bad on offense. We aren’t getting enough of a push up front IMO but that’s also tough to do when the opponent doesn’t really have to watch for the pass. The last drive we scored on we incorporated a short passing game. I don’t plan on seeing much of that in the second half but hopefully I’m wrong

13-0 at halftime.

You have a road team that just snapped an 18 game losing streak and hasn’t defeated a Stark County team in a few years vs the 3x defending D2 state runner ups and the 3rd winningest program in America at home.

I’ll take it.

I expect Massillon to come out and try to make a statement and separate themselves. You have the better athletes. Speed the pace up and try to get them in space.

GlenOak just keep playing hard. Try to force a turnover. Maybe attempt to steal a possession with an onside kick to start the half or take a risk on 4th and realistic yards. You’re the team with nothing to lose.

GlenOak D is playing as hard as you can ask them to.

Last edited:
Probably be awesome as long as they block the backside DE they don’t even attempt to block him. Just a free run at the back.
For years that’s been happening. Hell Jamir used to complain about that way back in his junior year. It would be nice to peel someone back and knock him on his arse smh

10:01 in the 4th and now the clock is running.

Held off the running clock longer than I expected. There seems to be some improvement in GlenOak.

They had their senior night last week in week 1. Not really hiding they’re playing younger guys to gain experience. Hopefully, this game is back to being competitive soon.

Good game Massillon fans. Congratulations on the win. You have another solid team to say the least, as expected. The Tigers are who they are for a reason. See you next year in week 2 at Bob Commings. Goodluck the rest of the season!

Last edited:
I’ll give the coaches credit the play calling was better in the second half. Defense was excellent and Hartson is just tough. Made some improvements and hopefully we can build going forward
Yes things definitely changed on the last drive of the 2nd half when McElroy completed 5 passes in a row. I am sure that the halftime “speech” that was given definitely motivated some kids for the 2nd half, especially the OL.
As Tiger fans we have been very spoiled the last 4 years and we just need to be patient, of course we didn’t play a team tonight comparable to PC but we did what we should have done.

Massillon might as well just let the freshman QB play. We aren’t going anywhere with the one that’s playing. Also absolutely terrible game plan and play calling. Defense looks good again this week
Agree LB#33. I watched the high school Livestream for about a quarter and a half. Anemic offense, QB is clueless, and the play calling is well, consistent to the past. QB may get better but I would change now.

The freshman will be good (hopefully) but I'm not ready to say he should be starting varsity after 2 weeks. I think (or hope) they will continue to find out what the current QB can and can't do and dial it in as the season progresses. For instance a couple of the curl routes looked ok and the post to Banks was good to see. Frankly I was more disappointed at the LOS. OL needs to pick it up.

Btw GO should feel ok about that game/Garcia's return. Pretty good d and alot of underclassmen. I noticed we played alot of sophs & jrs as well, which in our case don't know if that is good or bad. Wasn't anticipating that many.

The freshman will be good (hopefully) but I'm not ready to say he should be starting varsity after 2 weeks. I think (or hope) they will continue to find out what the current QB can and can't do and dial it in as the season progresses. For instance a couple of the curl routes looked ok and the post to Banks was good to see. Frankly I was more disappointed at the LOS. OL needs to pick it up.
Yeah I’m not sure why him completing a few screen passes ha people thinking he should start. He should’ve been picked off last night in the end zone.

Yeah I’m not sure why him completing a few screen passes ha people thinking he should start. He should’ve been picked off last night in the end zone.

Saw that. Bad read. Comes with experience. Call me old school or overly cautious but unless very mature size & strength wise hard for me to put a 15 yo into that position. This ain't D5-D7. For instance I'd have to limit scrambling and implement 0.0 designed runs for the kid, lol.

Saw that. Bad read. Comes with experience. Call me old school or overly cautious but unless very mature size & strength wise hard for me to put a 15 yo into that position. This ain't D5-D7. For instance I'd have to limit scrambling and implement 0.0 designed runs for the kid, lol.
Yeah he is not physically ready to take varsity hits from the teams we play.

I am not sure just how much blame we should be placing on the offensive line. I mean let's be honest here, our offense isn't all that intricate. We basically tell the the defense, the entire stadium, the entire state, the, well, you get the idea, who is getting the ball and where he will be running the ball. Kind of makes the defenses job a little easy, no?

I am not sure just how much blame we should be placing on the offensive line. I mean let's be honest here, our offense isn't all that intricate. We basically tell the the defense, the entire stadium, the entire state, the, well, you get the idea, who is getting the ball and where he will be running the ball. Kind of makes the defenses job a little easy, no?
The blame should absolutely go on the OL, which was said quite loudly in the locker room at halftime. For the first 6 quarters this season they have been really bad no matter if it’s pass blocking or run blocking. There was a huge improvement in the 2nd half so let’s see if that continues but it doesn’t matter who is at QB if he isn’t given the time to look at one WR let alone 2 then he is going to have a long night. Slaughter will have his time but right now isn’t the time. It’s great that he can get in the game and get some snaps and experience on a Friday night but he isn’t ready to get put in there to start on a weekly basis.
It’s incredible how many sophomores are on the field at any given time, there were 5 on D at one point last night early in the 2nd half.

The blame should absolutely go on the OL, which was said quite loudly in the locker room at halftime. For the first 6 quarters this season they have been really bad no matter if it’s pass blocking or run blocking. There was a huge improvement in the 2nd half so let’s see if that continues but it doesn’t matter who is at QB if he isn’t given the time to look at one WR let alone 2 then he is going to have a long night. Slaughter will have his time but right now isn’t the time. It’s great that he can get in the game and get some snaps and experience on a Friday night but he isn’t ready to get put in there to start on a weekly basis.
It’s incredible how many sophomores are on the field at any given time, there were 5 on D at one point last night early in the 2nd half.
Jv final....mass 47 - glenoak 0